Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny, I actually feel like this figure will be here quick because of DX Batman being delayed, by the time that figure finally ships, this one will come out shortly after and it'll be like woah, I just got Batman, but yay, Terminator's coming.

Equally important to this figure shipping is the next figure announcement, I hope to see something in the next month or so.

This happens alot with me ........... for instance I haven't bought much in a while (aside from Wolverine :monkey3) and this week I have both Andy Dufresne and Sam almost on the same day.

I sure hope we see something soon as well ............... i'm hoping maybe a T-1000 or better yet a first look at a T1 Arnie.

Your cracks mean nothing to me now, FB Connor gets here Thursday and Wolverine Friday, first figures since start of November with DX Joker.

:D Congrats man. I can't wait to finally see some decent pics of Wolverine. Well ........ there have been some good ones but i'm expecting to see perfection.

There have been some good ones, they've made me feel a need to raise the bar and come at him from a fresh angle. I'll be dusting off the Harley for his arrival ;)

I've got plans :D Also have plans for this T-800 when he finally arrives. I've got my Sideshow figure and NECA 12" right now, and looking at the two, seeing this HT as a merge of the best ideas of both, just done really well, is exciting. NECA's got some things I like, but it's a preposed, fully sculpted piece, Sideshow's, while not executed well, is a great concept in it being an articulated body with real clothes, this figure's just going to rock for "fun" factor while still having a great appearance.

Yeah I tried to get into the NECA line but after getting the one 7" I quickly changed my mind. I'm the kind of collector that just needs that one perfect representation. I decided a long time ago that HT's would fill that desire. :D

Man i'm pumped to see what the T-1000 will look like.

I broke out my Sideshow T-1000 today, the portrait could use better paint, and the hair has room for improvement, but overall the face is pretty good.

The big thing, and I'd forgotten about it, that I'd love to see improved on the HT figure is the costuming's fit/construction. The overall look of Sideshow's is nice, but the uniform isn't tailored to really snug the body and look pressed and nice like a cop uniform should be, and after cop Joker I'm confident about this from HT, and also, the way his belt sits on him just doesn't work very well, I find it either wants to go up above the waist line of the pants or below, either way looking a bit goofy.

is toys2 good ? ive never gotten anything from them but they have their figures a little cheaper

I really like them, figures always come very securely packaged, anytime I've had an issue with a figure they've taken care of me. The only thing I've ever held back from doing more with them over is that shipping rates to the U.S. can be high, but with Sideshow's higher price tag on this figure, it almost balances to the same at either place for me.

I broke out my Sideshow T-1000 today, the portrait could use better paint, and the hair has room for improvement, but overall the face is pretty good.

The big thing, and I'd forgotten about it, that I'd love to see improved on the HT figure is the costuming's fit/construction. The overall look of Sideshow's is nice, but the uniform isn't tailored to really snug the body and look pressed and nice like a cop uniform should be, and after cop Joker I'm confident about this from HT, and also, the way his belt sits on him just doesn't work very well, I find it either wants to go up above the waist line of the pants or below, either way looking a bit goofy.

Yes I agree, the face sculpt is actually very impressive. Everything else bugs me ............. especially the belt. It should be interesting to see what they do.

T-1000 by SSC, nice figure..i still like it for all its worth but, does not blend well with Hot Toys figures at all, his head is frickin huge compared.

When do you guys think Hot Toys will release the first pics of the T-1000?

Its too hard to say .......... HT's hasn't given us more than assurance that they are making it. So it could release next or last ............. my guess is he's definitely next.

My guess is sometime in late February.

Well black gloves alone would only be accurrate up to Dyson's kitchen, after that, you'd need black gloves, grenade launcher, grenade bandolier, mini gun. It's far from being accurrate up to Cyberdyne, but if it had the black shirt it'd be totally covered for up to Dyson's kitchen. Hot Toys is a strategic company. I really think they have a plan that the next T-800 will be a very inclusive BD with all the cyberdyne gear included, even no-BD glove hands, but then you'll need this first figure to make the Cyberdyne look, and for some people, myself included, they'll want the early biker look so they'll buy 2 of this first figure to have a biker and Cyberdyne and a BD, so now they sell 3 figures instead of 2.

Yeah, but for the M79 pose I dont need the Minigun, he has already dropped the M134 when he start to 'thomp' those 40 mills.
The black gloves only cost me 5 dollars thanks to some ebay skills ;) And I think I know a way to get a M79 pretty cheap (I Dont know if that version is able to break open which is needed by the pose).. All in all i can get away with Black gloves, M79 and custom bandoiler for about 50 dollars. Seems fair?

My dream is this, HT will make a DX version so that I can make him look at the M79 while realoding it, I also hope they will include battle damaged head with light up and normal head with PEERS. Body with BD chest and BD knee / endo-leg maybe even ripped arm, plus cloths that cover BD scenes of the steelmill and clothes that cover the scenes at Cyberdyne. Dream weapons are, M134, M79, Hawk MM-1 Gas grenade launcher (For the gas gun scene we need a second BD head version without light up and only slightly damaged skin) and of course the Colt .45 for the Hasta la vista scene. Drool!!

Its too hard to say .......... HT's hasn't given us more than assurance that they are making it. So it could release next or last ............. my guess is he's definitely next.

My guess is sometime in late February.

I actually never liked the T One thousand.
It makes the Second film much more unrealistic than the first.

So I hope they make a Cyberdyne/final battle version before the T-1000

Back