Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well black gloves alone would only be accurrate up to Dyson's kitchen, after that, you'd need black gloves, grenade launcher, grenade bandolier, mini gun. It's far from being accurrate up to Cyberdyne, but if it had the black shirt it'd be totally covered for up to Dyson's kitchen. Hot Toys is a strategic company. I really think they have a plan that the next T-800 will be a very inclusive BD with all the cyberdyne gear included, even no-BD glove hands, but then you'll need this first figure to make the Cyberdyne look, and for some people, myself included, they'll want the early biker look so they'll buy 2 of this first figure to have a biker and Cyberdyne and a BD, so now they sell 3 figures instead of 2.

For the clean look I want mainly the Biker display which is going to be huge it seems! I think one clean look will be good enough for me and then of cause I have to grab a DX T-800 in all it's BD glory. But now you got me thinking about the Cyberdyne look :(:banghead

Yeah, after years of collecting their figures, you really start to notice trends with how they approach things.

It sucks but in a way it's good. Sideshow just packs things relevant to a figure with the figure, they don't pack stuff you need for a current figure later with another. However, they also don't necessarily always offer every item you could want. Hot Toys may determine your buying choices like rounding up cattle, but at least you can also pretty much wind up with all the gear you want for a figure. Sure the Joker takes 2-3 figures to have all the pieces you want, but in the end, you can end up with a fully armed Joker that you want, though even there, there's still room for debate over some accessories we never got.

For the clean look I want mainly the Biker display which is going to be huge it seems! I think one clean look will be good enough for me and then of cause I have to grab a DX T-800 in all it's BD glory. But now you got me thinking about the Cyberdyne look :(:banghead

I think all 3 looks are just classic for T2, and being a big fan I want them, but it's not a necessary thing.

Me definatly too.
And if it means getting more, I will.
Maybe I´ll sell my NECA T-800´s for that, cause to have them in this scale, would be way awesome, but I don´t know yet...

I'm thinking of almost mirroring the NECA collection with Hot Toys figures, but I wouldn't get rid of the NECA ones, there'll always be something different, and in a way nicer, about sculpted representations vs. real cloth and all.

Yeah, you´re right on that point, that´s why I´m not certain yet.
Cause they accompany my Terminator DVD Collection so well and I have free space on that shelve where my HT T-600´s stand and there having the different T-800 variants would be a dream...
Can´t wait for the first.
;)

I have quite a bit of T2 stuff, so NECA adds variety to the mix. This is just a portion of my Terminator collection and I think the figures nicely compliment the busts.

T2_1-12-10.jpg

That looks very nice Buddy. Wish I had more room for my T2 stuff its all just crammed on top of my Detolfs.

I'm on a rotating display system right now. Where those busts are were 2 of my Star Wars dioramas before the holidays, atop my desk now are Rambo figures where I used to have Alien and Predator dioramas. I have more stuff than current space to show it off, but eventually that'll change.

If someone is a casual fan of Terminator all you need is one higher visibility representation of it - thus the HT 1/6th is more ideal than NECAs littler figures. But any big Terminator fan shouldn't dismiss the NECA figures. He should buy those too. They didn't have long to enjoy it but for me they were the very best capture of Schwarzennegger from T2 in any scale and the only ones were IMO there wasn't something throwing it off (McFarlane obviously didn't pay for the likeness, SS 1/6th had a generic base body, puffy doll clothes and an Elvis quiff, SS PF again used a thin body and this time had his hair too bouffant, I don't really count busts and statues myself). Now HT have come along with theirs and, so soon after NECAs, it too seems to capture him perfectly albeit with his hair at a slightly different but no less accurate length. Both companies have done an excellent job and finally after 18 years we're getting not just one but 2 types of figure that are probably unsurpassable in what they are for Terminator 2. Now lets have both of them finish their T2 lines and finally, after 26 years, give us some decent T1 figures!

Looks awesome, Maul.
I think I´ll get some light in my shelves, cause now they only see light, when I fully light up the room.^^
But I think the Arnie´s would look awesome here, don´t you think?!

Collection_1.jpg

Just with little relocations of the boxes and stuff, but that would all come by itself when "he" arrives
*Holy grail stance*
:lol

I have quite a bit of T2 stuff, so NECA adds variety to the mix. This is just a portion of my Terminator collection and I think the figures nicely compliment the busts.

T2_1-12-10.jpg

Dang I didn't realize those NECAs look that good! :p

Looks awesome, Maul.
I think I´ll get some light in my shelves, cause now they only see light, when I fully light up the room.^^
But I think the Arnie´s would look awesome here, don´t you think?!

Collection_1.jpg

Just with little relocations of the boxes and stuff, but that would all come by itself when "he" arrives
*Holy grail stance*
:lol

Where did you get the TS sculpt from?? I soooo want it :(
Oh German version! How much are they in Germany? I used to live real close to you :D

Really?!
The world is a village as we say.^^

It now costs about 50$, so it´s reduced as hell and the skull looks awesome.
But I´ll have a little work. I want the eyes to light-up and the nose got kind of a Michael Jackson thing goin´on.
Looks weird...
:D

you'll need this first figure to make the Cyberdyne look, and for some people, myself included, they'll want the early biker look so they'll buy 2 of this first figure to have a biker and Cyberdyne and a BD, so now they sell 3 figures instead of 2.

I wasn't even thinking of the cross dressing between figures I might be tempted to do. I just had in mind 2 looks created solely out of this figure and 2 looks created solely out of the BD figure - in other words buying 2 of each figure....and thats assuming only one further individual T-800 release that enables the different phases of Battle Damage.

The looks I was planning out of 2 purchases of this clean figure:

Uncle Bob (Enrique's camp) - because of the grey t-shirt
Dyson's house Arm reveal scene

Rosebox donated to NECAs 12" for the mall scene

This will result in a few accessories left temporarily or perhaps permanently unused - 2 sunglasses, a jacket, a shotgun, 1 rosebox etc.

The looks I was planning out of 2 purchases of BD figure:

Hasta-la-Vista scene
Final phase BD

Now, if I wanted to create the HT equivalent of NECAs Cyberdyne showdown I'd probably need to buy 1 more of each clean and BD in order to also preserve the above looks I want. That just sounds like the very extreme I wanted to avoid when I bought so many NECA 7"ers.

T2_1-12-10.jpg

those busts look alot bigger than I thought they were.
Was there a mini bust and then a regular one or was there only one size issued by sideshow ?.

I ask that because palisades and I think other companies has released two sizes of their busts.
Awesome setup by the way.

I wasn't even thinking of the cross dressing between figures I might be tempted to do. I just had in mind 2 looks created solely out of this figure and 2 looks created solely out of the BD figure - in other words buying 2 of each figure....and thats assuming only one further individual T-800 release that enables the different phases of Battle Damage.

The looks I was planning out of 2 purchases of this clean figure:

Uncle Bob (Enrique's camp) - because of the grey t-shirt
Dyson's house Arm reveal scene

Rosebox donated to NECAs 12" for the mall scene

This will result in a few accessories left temporarily or perhaps permanently unused - 2 sunglasses, a jacket, a shotgun, 1 rosebox etc.

The looks I was planning out of 2 purchases of BD figure:

Hasta-la-Vista scene
Final phase BD

Now, if I wanted to create the HT equivalent of NECAs Cyberdyne showdown I'd probably need to buy 1 more of each clean and BD in order to also preserve the above looks I want. That just sounds like the very extreme I wanted to avoid when I bought so many NECA 7"ers.

Well you're going to use the NECA 12" in addition, I'm actually planning, while still keeping the NECA 12", to also replicate it with HT.

My plan at the moment is:

- Black t-shirt Biker T-800
- Grety t-shirt, minigun T-800
- Semi BD, grenade launcher / smoke grenade launcher (if made), pistol T-800
- Final BD, grenade launcher T-800

those busts look alot bigger than I thought they were.
Was there a mini bust and then a regular one or was there only one size issued by sideshow ?.

I ask that because palisades and I think other companies has released two sizes of their busts.
Awesome setup by the way.

Sideshow's mini busts are all one size, 1/6 scale busts. Sideshow's made 3 scales of T2 busts, 1/6, 1/2 and 1/1. The bigger T-800 bust I have is the 1/2 scale Legendary Bust.

Really?!
The world is a village as we say.^^

It now costs about 50$, so it´s reduced as hell and the skull looks awesome.
But I´ll have a little work. I want the eyes to light-up and the nose got kind of a Michael Jackson thing goin´on.
Looks weird...
:D

Turns out Amazon.de ships to Canada!!! and shipping is not even outrages only 14 Euros for basic shipping!!!! I just hope it gets through and no brokerage

This figure just looks too good to pass.

Had a moment of weakness and I was briefly considering getting ridoff my custom/kitbash. Mainly because of the wife and the inevitable BD version...
but then I remembered how much effort went into it. Made me kinda sad :monkey2
In the end it seems like a simple facelift might do miracles to it. I will atleast have to buy a second head...

Arska_uusi-naama.jpg

...sadly I have a feeling that before this is over I will end up owning every single version of Hot Toys T2 T-800 + the endo. And I'm not made of money you know? :monkey4

If someone is a casual fan of Terminator all you need is one higher visibility representation of it - thus the HT 1/6th is more ideal than NECAs littler figures. But any big Terminator fan shouldn't dismiss the NECA figures. He should buy those too. They didn't have long to enjoy it but for me they were the very best capture of Schwarzennegger from T2 in any scale and the only ones were IMO there wasn't something throwing it off (McFarlane obviously didn't pay for the likeness, SS 1/6th had a generic base body, puffy doll clothes and an Elvis quiff, SS PF again used a thin body and this time had his hair too bouffant, I don't really count busts and statues myself). Now HT have come along with theirs and, so soon after NECAs, it too seems to capture him perfectly albeit with his hair at a slightly different but no less accurate length. Both companies have done an excellent job and finally after 18 years we're getting not just one but 2 types of figure that are probably unsurpassable in what they are for Terminator 2. Now lets have both of them finish their T2 lines and finally, after 26 years, give us some decent T1 figures!

Very well said! I waited a long time to get decent Terminator figures to replace my Kenner figures. Man I got them all except that funky car thing. I just hope that Hot Toys gives us the Iconic I'll Be Back Arnie thats the one I want the most.

it's been so long I don't even remember when he said it, was it in Cyberdyne when he sends them all down the elevator?

Back