Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From their current announcements I take it?

Who knows what else they have planned. It's only February. This year is already busy figurewise for me.

My bad. I meant I only have enough money to purchase about 4 figures this year. This figure being one of them, and I'm still waiting on my batman Dx 02 to arrive. So I really only have enough money for about two more figures. And ill probably just wait and see what else they will release(terminator 2)this year before I spend anymore money.

My bad. I meant I only have enough money to purchase about 4 figures this year. This figure being one of them, and I'm still waiting on my batman Dx 02 to arrive. So I really only have enough money for about two more figures. And ill probably just wait and see what else they will release(terminator 2)this year before I spend anymore money.

Ah gotcha. :)

Glad you can at least get this beauty anyway! :chew

This could be one of the best years in 1:6 collecting. Starting off with the Batman DX then this, along with the Blade II and the almost confirmed rumour of Christopher Reeves Superman. The year hasn't really started yet either.

Just preorder mine from my local store!!When is he coming out again?I heard april but is it april just for japan or for north america and the rest of the world??

April is just HK! :( I don't think Japan is even in the first wave. Asia in general is I think wave two about a month after HK release oh and Toys2 of cause. I remember DX02 wave two arrived at Toys2 right after Malaysia received their shipment (XL store or something :p) Not sure if anybody from Japan hangs out in this forum as I do not recall any mention of Japan schedule being mentioned here. Official US release is third wave and I am not familiar with the time line :p
Damn my fatboy is running out of gas waiting for Arnie :lol

You and I think in much the same way a-dev. I'm not gonna get Aldo or the first 2 DX's because I hope the 3rd is a BD T-800, and I think Sarah is next. That plus the rumoured T1 line and more T2 or T1 plus Preds and Aliens from NECA make most of the year sorted for me.

Yeah Terminator, Predator, Aliens and Robocop are the big ones for me outside of the Hasbro Star wars line that I've been collecting since 1996. They're the licenses I just cannot pass on as I've had a longstanding interest since I was a child. Just behind them would be a few of the superhero licenses HT have right now - Spiderman, X-men, Hulk and Christopher Reeve Superman. I'm hoping they'll get the rights to the Keaton Batman films. These are ones I would have immense difficulty passing on if forced into that position so I'm hoping they don't all come out this year. They're definitely on my want list.

Of "the big four" I can safely rule out Robocop from either HT or NECA right now. The others though will be very much active licenses this year and maybe into the next. So theres a lot of guaranteed expenditure and the reason I have to do my best to ignore all these other licenses from HT.

Just come from the thread at Spawn.com where they're saying that the HT T-800's face is too vertically short, noticeable most particularly when the sunglasses are on. Who agrees? I kinda do. Much like Dutch really.

t2_mq_123.jpg
20091225_a8351bd28668ceb0854eSVFgg1.jpg

t2_mq_225.jpg
IMG_1410.jpg

Maybe if the bridge of the nose were very slightly longer and everything below that moved down accordingly. I think its the nose being too short. Everything else is excellent. Its a suspicion I always held but didn't see anyone else saying it but now that I see guys on Spawn pointing it out....

I think it looks best when looking at it from an angle but dead on its not that great. Imo its not the best likeness out there. HT's is better.

Squished sculpt? Who cares.
So people only care when there is wet-spots on figures, and especially when they come from batches they deem inferior to those that are arriving later? I agree...

The face does need to be longer. stretched a tad, as he does looked a lil' tubby in the face compared to shots in the movie.

I agree its a tad short but, not THAT distracting..not as much as the PF's long hair which is flat out wrong like SS's 12inch figure.

Meh, it's not final yet I'm sure they'll tweek it a little. They often do.

Meh, it's not final yet I'm sure they'll tweek it a little. They often do.

I don't think they will on this one. Pretty much everyone loves it as is. We argued about the hair a bit but I think most people came around to the idea that the length is appropriate for many scenes even if not all. However none of us really talked about the face being too squat. It is too squat - the very same problem with Dutch IMO. Its possible Yulli used the dimensions on that figure as a referance but unfortunately they weren't perfect.

Ah well, not a disaster.

For me it goes like this:

Best overall head/face shape, including hair, and best sunglasses: NECA
Best facial likeness: SS PF
Best hair: NECA for shape and (my favourite)length/Hot Toys for detail and the alternate length seen in film

I think the overall size/shape of his head wasn't talked about because it so nicely captures Arnold, even if not 100% accurrate, it's not off to where it almost looks like someone else. Typically sculpts don't draw scrutiny unless its ability to look like who it's supposed to be is iffy, like the Wolverine and John Connor sculpts which got a lot of attention for accurracy.

Back