Hot Toys - MMS 191 - Iron Man 3 - Tony Stark Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone heard of Alex Leong? The MISB completist..

577024_10151165378129888_562539412_n.jpg

550260_10150671254794888_463992190_n.jpg

Some of them aren't in their sealed brown shipper... how does he justify??? Might as well display them.

Last edited:
So it looks like we are getting a hall of armour cardboard background with this.

Lol, the longest my fig stays in its box when I first get the figure is about 5 mins, Im like a big kid when a new HT box gets delivered :panic:

and yes imo its very weird to keep your figs in boxes and not open them ever, even unaturall. :lol

Anyone heard of Alex Leong? The MISB completist..

577024_10151165378129888_562539412_n.jpg

550260_10150671254794888_463992190_n.jpg

That crazy. Unless he wants to resell the figures in the future, what's the point of buying these figures just to keep them in a box? Regular fgures I can understand. You can at least look at them in their packages.

Anyways back on topic, I think this figure is really awesome and glad I didnt pay around the $300+ price for the Stark figure from the first film.

seen the Tony Stark display at Toy Hunters , the inhand sculpt looks good. the base is big with the card board looking outer ring is massive :lol

seen the Tony Stark display at Toy Hunters , the inhand sculpt looks good. the base is big with the card board looking outer ring is massive :lol

Do you think they ll set it up with the complete hall of armours the figures and everything eventually?

So it looks like we are getting a hall of armour cardboard background with this.

I really hope so :pray:

Lol, the longest my fig stays in its box when I first get the figure is about 5 mins, Im like a big kid when a new HT box gets delivered :panic:

and yes imo its very weird to keep your figs in boxes and not open them ever, even unaturall. :lol

5 minutes!? That is about 3 minutes longer than me :lol

Have you known toy hunters to ever put up a background that wasn't included?

Good point, maybe they decided to include it after the specs were released.

Do you think they ll set it up with the complete hall of armours the figures and everything eventually?
nah!! no space already took up the space of the 1/4 DKR fig slot lol. i took a video of it but my pc packed up not up loading pics at moment. but if the do a display at Ani-com maybe they would.

That crazy. Unless he wants to resell the figures in the future, what's the point of buying these figures just to keep them in a box? Regular fgures I can understand. You can at least look at them in their packages.

Cardboard prison. :(

It's really weird :lol I think it's a sickness to keep these things in boxes.

The fashion doll hobby is FULL of NRFB collectors. Barbie collectors especially are really bad about this.

At least with things like Barbie, you can see the product through the clear front of the box even if you dont open. Many other doll manufacturers intentionally put the product in a carboard box, because they WANT the buyer to debox and actually enjoy the product.

I cant put my finger on it, but it strikes me that people who have dozens if not hundreds of expensive NRFB figures are maybe.... not quite right in the head. It strikes me as obsessive, hoarding behavior.

A lot of them say that they keep NRFB because they are expecting the item to go up in value and they want to make a killing later. Well, speculating in collectibles is a fool's errand if I ever saw one. That's not usually how it works.

Ask the Beanie Babies crowd :panic:

I buy what i love, I open it and enjoy it. Life is short.

A lot of them say that they keep NRFB because they are expecting the item to go up in value and they want to make a killing later. Well, speculating in collectibles is a fool's errand if I ever saw one. That's not usually how it works.

:goodpost:

Whilst it's true that one or two may skyrocket in value (the Mk VI, Twoface and for quite a while the DX02) for a relatively short time, the vast majority will never ever even retain retail value. :slap

The fashion doll hobby is FULL of NRFB collectors. Barbie collectors especially are really bad about this.

At least with things like Barbie, you can see the product through the clear front of the box even if you dont open. Many other doll manufacturers intentionally put the product in a carboard box, because they WANT the buyer to debox and actually enjoy the product.

I cant put my finger on it, but it strikes me that people who have dozens if not hundreds of expensive NRFB figures are maybe.... not quite right in the head. It strikes me as obsessive, hoarding behavior.

I buy what i love, I open it and enjoy it. Life is short.

I would never spend that much money on a figure with the thought of selling it later...
First off, you can't see it through the box and second, how can you enjoy something with the constant thought of only keeping it for a while, before you sell it again? It's like borrowing something. You know it's not yours and you have to let go of it at some point.

That aside, I pre-ordered Tony Stark. Had to cancel my Mark VII pre-order for it, but I have no regrets. Might buy some parts of the Mark VII once people start parting them out. I do like the armor's arm-weapons and might get the Tony Stark headsculpt too, just to have more display options for my other Iron Man figures (not that I got many of them... ;_; ).

Back