Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS 201-Jor-El 1/6th Scale Collectible figure

For reasons I can't begin to understand, I just looked up Poundstone's wikipedia history:

"Poundstone tours the country and is a regular panelist on the Peabody Award winning weekly news quiz show, Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! on National Public Radio."

That's got to be one of the most terrible and annoying radio shows of all time.

You never spent time in your Grandma's car listening to AM talk radio as a child, I take it? :p

Empty wallet = lame excuses

I love it. And completely agree. Its like when a dude gets turned down by a hot chick. They can't get the girl. So they come up with reasons why she is ugly all the sudden. Lol

Believe it or not, even though I don't have much use for it for any other purpose, some of those religious radio shows make me wax nostalgic a bit :D

Those NPR guys try way too hard to be "clever" sometimes.

Are people really basing buying a figure or not on public perception of the person playing the character? I know some celebrities can be *******s but who really cares unless they do something truly awful? I tend to look at their personal lives and their work as completely different things.

Totally based on that alone, not over here. But it does play a factor.

I will probably not buy Jor-El due to minimal interest in the character, not how he behaves offscreen.

p.s. User, your base totally rocks. I want one. :yess:

Also, I have noticed that HT tends to use the likeness of what is seen most in the movie. This is a perfect example, we only saw Jor-El in his armor for a couple scenes. The everything else showed him in this robe.

They made a mime joker though. I would like to have his armor included because it would mean that they would probably make zod with removable armor. I hope we don't have to buy for or five figures. My guess is we're going to get an armored zod and a shackled one that is yelling.

I love it. And completely agree. Its like when a dude gets turned down by a hot chick. They can't get the girl. So they come up with reasons why she is ugly all the sudden. Lol

He could just be very very intolerant of ball-joint heads. :dunno I myself am not a fan of them, however since they seem to be the standard now I realise that I'd be passing on 98% of figures HT makes these days were I to be as intolerant of them as he must be.

I don't understand the ridicule over who Russell Crowe is as a person. They are two completely separate things, I could care less how an actor behaves off camera, its about the movie.

Surely everyone here doesn't care about all the Christian Bale meltdowns. Did that stop anyone from buying Batman stuff around here? nope

I don't understand the ridicule over who Russell Crowe is as a person. They are two completely separate things, I could care less how an actor behaves off camera, its about the movie.

*waits for reposting of David Mitchell ''could care less'' youtube vid.*

They made a mime joker though. I would like to have his armor included because it would mean that they would probably make zod with removable armor. I hope we don't have to buy for or five figures. My guess is we're going to get an armored zod and a shackled one that is yelling.

Pffft..... Zod does not need to be yelling - although he does a great job of that. I would be good with him just emoting like so:

mos_zod_350.jpg

man-of-steel_you-are-not-alone_general-zod.jpg

...I am not alone, yeah baby! Shout at me anytime. That guy has a gaze that would cut metal. But in all seriousness, I would be less interested in a shackled version, for much the same reason I don't display Loki shackled: I like my interstellar badasses displayed in all their ill-tempered, unfettered glory.

Who am I kidding, I would buy shackled Zod in a heartbeat.

He could just be very very intolerant of ball-joint heads. :dunno I myself am not a fan of them, however since they seem to be the standard now I realise that I'd be passing on 98% of figures HT makes these days were I to be as intolerant of them as he must be.

I just find it funny that something that is considered an "action figure". Is gunna get ridicule for having a visable joint here or there. What do these people want? The real actor to come to their house for 200 bucks. :cuckoo:

I just find it funny that something that is considered an "action figure". Is gunna get ridicule for having a visable joint here or there. What do these people want? The real actor to come to their house for 200 bucks. :cuckoo:

Action figures didn't always have that visible joint under the jawline and we didn't not call them action figures. They were still action figures. It wasn't even one less joint. The joint was down at the base of the neck. So personally I can't subscribe to that argument.

Idk. I just feel if people are gonna be that picky about the joints. Then they should stick with collecting the Premium Format stuff. I seen so many complaints about the new Hulk figure. Not really sure what people expect.

Action figures didn't always have that visible joint under the jawline and we didn't not call them action figures because of it. They were still action figures. It wasn't even one less joint. The joint was down at the base of the neck. So personally I can't subscribe to that argument.

Yeah, "action figure" is not synonymous with "go crazy with joints, its an articulated figure after all." The point with the high end figures is to do what you can to hide the joints as much as possible.

Both action figures, one with crazy joints and one without:

Mafex-Amazing-Spider-Man-008.jpg
Hot-Toys-Amazing-Spider-Man-012_1340882849.jpg

Yeah, "action figure" is not synonymous with "go crazy with joints, its an articulated figure after all." The point with the high end figures is to do what you can to hide the joints as much as possible.

Both action figures, one with crazy joints and one without:

Mafex-Amazing-Spider-Man-008.jpg
Hot-Toys-Amazing-Spider-Man-012_1340882849.jpg

Thats why I found it strange that someone is gonna complain about 1 visable joint. And then they say " easy pass" because of it. Lol

IMO Enterbay ****ed up by putting a ball-joint head on its BD T-800. (not that it was surprising since their first T-800 had one aswell) Aside from the visible seam/cut theres even a noticeable open gap between the underside of his chin and his neck.

Don't call it a 'museum-piece' but at the same time reduce it to the level of a toy with a feckin' ball-joint head. If not for that joint that figure would look like Arnold himself shrunk to 1:4. I'm not saying they ruined it but it is an annoyance and a shame. Particularly blown up to that scale and with no other joints visible. Most of us are too afraid to use the damn joints anyway for fear of breaking our super-expensive 1:4 scaler.

Last edited:

Will pass on this something i just don't like.

Really looking forward to this one.. He'll look amazing with superman!

Back