Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I know that but I mean the Mandarin. What's he got to do with it?

Hot Toys loves them their Johnny Depp, making Tonto wasn't a surprise.

Yeah, I know that but I mean the Mandarin. What's he got to do with it?

Hot Toys loves them their Johnny Depp, making Tonto wasn't a surprise.

Mandarin is another character that is not going to sell well, either.... judging from the comments on the HT Facebook page, I am not alone in thinking that this Tonto figure is a giant waste of effort on HT's part. There are so many other characters that people are dying to have, and they waste time with this utter crap.

Oh, well. No Zod and/or Faora is money saved, I guess.

I had no Idea that making Tonto meant no Zod or Faora. I'm pissed now too.:mad:

:lol

This is time and effort and resources that could have gone into the MoS line.... or even another popular line, that isn't Iron Man.

Oh well!

p.s. I have a funny feeling the Prometheus line is toast. Just a hunch.

This is time and effort and resources that could have gone into the MoS line.... or even another popular line, that isn't Iron Man.

Oh well!

p.s. I have a funny feeling the Prometheus line is toast. Just a hunch.

You could say that about every figure HT makes. :dunno

Jor-el was shown NINE days ago, chill out. :lol

Mandarin is another character that is not going to sell well, either.... judging from the comments on the HT Facebook page, I am not alone in thinking that this Tonto figure is a giant waste of effort on HT's part. There are so many other characters that people are dying to have, and they waste time with this utter crap.

Oh, well. No Zod and/or Faora is money saved, I guess.

Mandarin/Trevor Slattery > Zod and Hot, dominant, German lady

Double points if Hot Toys gives old Trevor a voice chip, beer and those theatrical red pajama pants as a secondary look option.

Check this **** out. Guess people can pose this one next to the Mandarin??? Oh, genius decisions being made over at HT, can they pick 'em or what?!!

*Tonto teaser pic*[/img]

YOU. HAVE. GOT. TO. BE. KIDDING. ME. Is it April Fool's again so soon, did we do a time warp?!!

As much as I love Superman and MoS, I don't find Tonto a waste at all. I'll be buying it for my Depp collection. Seeing as how my collection is majorly Depp and Superman now, I am quite ecstatic for the reveal of Tonto

I had no Idea that making Tonto meant no Zod or Faora. I'm pissed now too.:mad:

:lol
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
You could say that about every figure HT makes. :dunno

Jor-el was shown NINE days ago, chill out. :lol
:exactly::lecture:lol

S'ok, I'm over it now. I just scored Faora for less than $100 shipped, using a bunch of points I had accumulated on my CC.... HT can do what they want [and they will anyways], I ended up scoring BOTH Zod and Faora for less than what one HT figure would cost me anyways.

HT: :pfft: to you.

Me: :yess:

[I almost want to buy HT Jor-El, can't make up my mind. This has been a problem lately.]

...From the ten people total who saw it? Guess soooo.... lol

Just don't exaggerate...it was twelve people...get it right! :lol

I too agree that there really needs to be a ZOD. If HT miss this golden opportunity - seeing as how he was the best and most humanly tragic figure in the movie, despite being the 'villain' - then they really need to look at this again.

Hey folks....we gotta remember that the lead time on these figures for development is pretty long... maybe a year or more in some cases. At that point, Mandarin looked like the big bad guy in IM3 and Tonto/Depp looked like a can't miss in Lone Ranger..now that both of those have turned out to not be quite as they were "supposed to be"....HT is still doing those figures...probably not in huge numbers anyway....it doesn't mean we won't see more for the Man of Steel line...at least I'm hoping we will....

1001341_4481155165542_602941464_n.jpg

Oh...and to not get too far off topic.... how 'bout that Jor-El figure, eh? :lol

Man of Steel is quite successful. HT won't sacrifice a line that sells, they'll sacrifice one of the other licenses that are not a sure thing. I would worry if you want anything from Prometheus. Probably won't get another figure from Amazing Spiderman. At least until 2 comes out.

Check this **** out. Guess people can pose this one next to the Mandarin??? Oh, genius decisions being made over at HT, can they pick 'em or what?!!

988243_10151495693787344_1408066429_n.jpg

YOU. HAVE. GOT. TO. BE. KIDDING. ME. Is it April Fool's again so soon, did we do a time warp?!!

I would never get Tonto by himself, but if Hot Toys does the Lone Ranger I would seriously consider getting the pair. From the moment I heard Depp was playing Tonto I thought this film was going to be a train wreck. A train wreck I really needed to see, but a train wreck none the less. I was very pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed the movie.

A Mandarin that comes with a Trevor change of clothes and cans of beer would be absolutely ****ing epic. :yess:

Back onto topic, I agree with what some others are saying, just because they make figures from some not so popular licenses doesn't mean we're not going to get Zod and Faora. I'm willing to bet we will see a Zod reveal before the end of the summer.

If they do a Zod, it better come with his armor...and the helmet/breathing apparatus...

general-zod-helmet.jpg

988243_10151495693787344_1408066429_n.jpg

I am talking about stupid decisions being made over at Hot Toys, if I wasn't clear enough before. :wink1:

Deciding to pass over Zod and/or Faora in order to release freakin' Tonto is what I call a Stupid Decision Extraordinaire. Will there even be demand for such a figure? From the ten people total who saw it? Guess soooo.... lol

You do not want to go there. The movie kind of pissed me off, but, seeing as how these were in development well before the movie, you are treading on thin ice here, missy.:lol I'm thrilled that HT are still going through with the stuff from The Lone Ranger, because, even though that film pissed me off immensely, it was a western, and it wasn't horrible, at that. The Western is, sadly, dying, and it's very rare to see it get any love in this community; officially, anyway.

Seeing them take a break from a top tier line to tackle something like this, even though it might not be as popular, and, even though they might not be doing it for the right reasons (*cough*JD hard-on*cough*), it's still admirable in my book. So, the moral of the story is...

Don't be a jerk face!:pfft:

It seems that lighting on promo pics is worse than at Toy Hunters display. The figure looks good on "live" photos. Especially looking from above.

You do not want to go there. The movie kind of pissed me off, but, seeing as how these were in development well before the movie, you are treading on thin ice here, missy.:lol I'm thrilled that HT are still going through with the stuff from The Lone Ranger, because, even though that film pissed me off immensely, it was a western, and it wasn't horrible, at that. The Western is, sadly, dying, and it's very rare to see it get any love in this community; officially, anyway.

:clap:goodpost:
Why is this concept so hard to understand? :dunno Tonto, Mandarin, Red Snapper, etc, were all in development, if not completed, before the films were released and discovered for what the characters roles were.

*Shrug* Sorry, got to call it like I see it. Wasting time on stuff they are never going to follow through with is just.... a waste of time. Ask the following franchises: X-Men 1st Class, Prometheus, and of course Mandarin from IM3. If we ever actually see one figure from those movies released, I will eat my hat. We got all of one figure from Tron: Legacy... ONE. [That they made people wait 99 forevers for.]

I would NOT hold my breath expecting to actually see Tonto produced. That may not be what you want to hear, but its just being smart.

But hasn't Hot Toys produced almost every Johnny Depp Character he's played in a movie? Arent we all half expecting to see a 21 Jump Street movie figure soon? Not really so far fetched when you think about it.

Back