Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to have this one on order. .looks fantastic. Too bad no codex skull..maybe HT saving that for another version?

Nice figure. Figure-wise no complaints.

Don't jump on me, but keep justifying the price. You'll keep saying I'll pay $20 for this, $20 for that, just keep upting the ante. I know, don't buy if you don't want to pay the price; which is what I'm doing.

This is the concept art for the costume from the book Man of Steel: Inside the Legendary world of Superman by Daniel Wallace. All I’m saying is that it appeared blue on screen that was the film makers intent so the figure should reflect that.

Also… I think it’s a great price for what you get, and as a sculptor I think the likeness is very good. I just wish the robe was a little on the blue side. :wink1:

jorelcosdesign.jpg

jorelcosdesign01.jpg

I dont see it as blue at all. the undersuit, yes, but not the robe from the suit they made a HTs figure of. Its one of those colors that looks a little different in different lighting situations. The concept art, is concept art...its not what they made for the movie. HTs used a fabric color that is close to what the real suit fabric color is in-person. Thats what you want, the real fabric color. not what it may look like on screen in certain lighted scenes.

Man-of-Steel-02.jpg

Last edited:
HTs used a fabric color that is close to what the real suit fabric color is in-person. Thats what you want, the real fabric color. not what it may look like on screen in certain lighted scenes.

Well a lot can be said about that… in the TOS Trek Kirk’s command tunic was pea green but filmed gold, every licensed product since then had had him in a gold tunic. Do you think anyone accept a pea green uniform now?

Dorothy’s blouse from the Wizard of Oz was pink because it filmed white.

And I spoke to the costume designer for V for Vendetta when I was prototyping a figure and he told me that the costume was varying shades of grey because a full black costume would have looked like a big black hole on screen and you would have seen no detail.
Many arguments can be made on both sides, The figure is what it is, and it’s what were getting so that’s that.

I hope the robe comes off easily, I’m going to sculpt the full armor and just do a custom Jor-el for myself anyway.

Last edited:
Well a lot can be said about that… in the TOS Trek Kirk’s command tunic was pea green but filmed gold, every licensed product since then had had him in a gold tunic. Do you think anyone accept a pea green uniform now?

Dorothy’s blouse from the Wizard of Oz was pink because it filmed white.

And I spoke to the costume designer for V for Vendetta when I was prototyping a figure and he told me that the costume was varying shades of grey because a full black costume would have looked like a big black hole on screen and you would have seen no detail.
Many arguments can be made on both sides, The figure is what it is, and it’s what were getting so that’s that.

I hope the robe comes off easily, I’m going to sculpt the full armor and just do a custom Jor-el for myself anyway.

I just meant with Jor-El's robe, the color looks pretty accurate to the film for his Kryptonian robe when he was alive. Its more blue looking when he's a hologram. But the figure they made is the colors when he is alive. It looks to be the same robe, just lit differently for when he's alive vs. hologram. This is the Jor-El we are getting.

MAN-OF-STEEL-Jor-El-before-the-council.jpg

Even here, as a hologram, the robe looks the same color when he was alive. Its just certain scenes i think the lighting tends to make it look more blue. But the robe to me looks more like a reddish-brown color that has some blue in it.
Utfy.png

Thats why I say its better to make it the real color of the fabric because different lighting will effect the color just like the real robe.

Last edited:
Check this **** out. Guess people can pose this one next to the Mandarin??? Oh, genius decisions being made over at HT, can they pick 'em or what?!!

988243_10151495693787344_1408066429_n.jpg

YOU. HAVE. GOT. TO. BE. KIDDING. ME. Is it April Fool's again so soon, did we do a time warp?!!

What are you talking about.

I am talking about stupid decisions being made over at Hot Toys, if I wasn't clear enough before. :wink1:

Deciding to pass over Zod and/or Faora in order to release freakin' Tonto is what I call a Stupid Decision Extraordinaire. Will there even be demand for such a figure? From the ten people total who saw it? Guess soooo.... lol

Back