Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me, this is the best evidence so far that we should be careful in thinking we know very much about what color something is "supposed" to be in this movie. It went from yellow to grayish blue! But we can say that a figure has clothing that more or less resembles the way a given outfit looked in a given scene.

:exactly::clap

Very sound logic

I just think the figure would look better if the robe was the correct color that’s all I’m saying. But I’ve learned that 1/6 collectors aren’t as concerned with accuracy as other collectors.

So…one more comparison picture just to show that there are two robes that are different, even if we can’t agree on the color. Last time I’ll bring it up.:lol

jorelrobelasttime.jpg

I just think the figure would look better if the robe was the correct color that’s all I’m saying. But I’ve learned that 1/6 collectors aren’t as concerned with accuracy as other collectors.

So…one more comparison picture just to show that there are two robes that are different, even if we can’t agree on the color. Last time I’ll bring it up.:lol

jorelrobelasttime.jpg
You're talking about two seperate robes though. The blue robe is worn when he's in his "ghost" mode on the ship. That's the blue one but the figure we're getting is the brown suit with the armor over it.

It's two different attire all together, this figure is simply a representation of when he was alive, which is the brown one.

jorelrobelasttime.jpg

There can be an explanation for this though you would have to buy into it without being told. The brown outfit version is the actual Jor-El, where the blue suited version is not Jor-El, but the holographic projection of him from the ships after the El key was placed into the key port.

Okay last, last time...

Yea, I know that… but the holographic Jor-El is wearing the blue robe from the council room scene without the shoulder armor and red cape. Although I will say it looks much bluer in the hologram scenes than it did in the council chambers. That kind of color difference do to lighting etc. I can see.

jorellatime03.jpg

At least we’re making progress before there was “only one robe and it was always brown.” :lol

yep and for those that are complaining about price, Jor-El's suit is far more intricate, layered and detailed than Superman's suit and he has a weapon. That robe looks to have some incredible tailoring. $20 extra is fine with me. :)

You can even tell how the actual figure's costume changes color a bit under the display lighting to be a bit more blueish grey :dunno

You can even tell how the actual figure's costume changes color a bit under the display lighting to be a bit more blueish grey :dunno
Yup, that photo from One Sixth Republic FB page i have to say this is one of the few times seeing someone with the figure in a crappy photo and it still looks like a mini life-like person:lol. Really think he looks amazing and very much looks like RCrowe to me! This will be a great figure!!!

They made the figure based off this suit...whats the problem?:dunno

russell-crowe-on-man-of-steel-set_402x594.jpg
1000816_488384094569462_413045711_n.jpg

Seeing that picture, I can not believe how pumped I am for a Jor-El figure. Don't think I'd pose him with the gun though, might try to make my own codex skull for him to hold instead. Base is still a little larger than I would have liked, but whatcha going to do. :dance

Good indeed! I am glad I have this on PO. These two (and Zod, when he appears...would be foolish and remiss of HT if he didn't) are for my wife really. She really loves Superman as a character and Reeve is still her definitive version, but she loved MOS.

I too like the intricacies of the costumes and I thought that Russell Crowe was one of the best elements of the film.

Back