Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rule of thumb for HT teaser pics:
1. Partial HS + Costume= will make figure
2. Costume Only= will make figure but leave you dry on any new info.
3. Accessory only= will announce figure when you've forgotten about it or
lost hope of it being released.
4. Logo only= License acquired but nothing will be made or released
5. If Enterbay has produced a similar figure- will release new pics every
time EB does to 1 up them.

*Shrug* Sorry, got to call it like I see it. Wasting time on stuff they are never going to follow through with is just.... a waste of time. Ask the following franchises: X-Men 1st Class, Prometheus, and of course Mandarin from IM3. If we ever actually see one figure from those movies released, I will eat my hat. We got all of one figure from Tron: Legacy... ONE. [That they made people wait 99 forevers for.]

I would NOT hold my breath expecting to actually see Tonto produced. That may not be what you want to hear, but its just being smart.

From what I gather, it seems like you're projecting what you WANT to happen, rather than what you think actually is going to happen. We'll see the First Class figure. They wouldn't have gone through the trouble of making it and showing it to the world, had they intended to cancel it. They'll most likely release it a short time prior to Days of Future Past to gauge interest in that license. Plus, it seems like everything, from the teasers in January to Howard Chan's interview in May seem to suggest that the Prometheus fans will at least be seeing Elizabeth.

As for Mandarin, ask yourself: how many times has Hot Toys ever cancelled a figure that was publicly teased or unveiled? Other than The Bat, which was a different situation entirely, and that they're still releasing it, just at a smaller scale. The only license I've ever seen them cancel was Green Lantern, and that was for technical reasons. Other things that were cancelled were never actually formally announced, like Rorscach and Zombie Jack Sparrow.

With all of that being said, I think that you might want to rethink eating your hat. I heard they're quite bad for digestion.

6 hands+1 Gun = 219.99... Not worth it imo. I'll wait to see what they come out with next. Hopefully enough people will buy this one so they'll do a version with more accessories. I know in the fill he didn't do much but come on HT.

As for Mandarin, ask yourself: how many times has Hot Toys ever cancelled a figure that was publicly teased or unveiled?
It happened, oddly enough, with an Iron Man figure in the past--the Stealth, possibly Mark 3 2.0 Iron Man. Was supposed to come with a book or something. Apparently was scrapped. So, there's a precedent, but yeah, it's extremely rare. If they are showing off something at Comic Con, particularly a high profile product they preview before the show even starts like Tonto, I would bet on seeing the figure released.

S'ok, I'm over it now. I just scored Faora for less than $100 shipped, using a bunch of points I had accumulated on my CC.... HT can do what they want [and they will anyways], I ended up scoring BOTH Zod and Faora for less than what one HT figure would cost me anyways.

HT: :pfft: to you.

Me: :yess:

[I almost want to buy HT Jor-El, can't make up my mind. This has been a problem lately.]

What Faora and Zod are you talking about? Are there other 1/6 versions out there?

Also, I'm definitely buying Trevor and I'll probably pick up Tonto as well, especially if they make a Lone Ranger to go with him.

What Faora and Zod are you talking about? Are there other 1/6 versions out there?

iipsrv.fcgi

61GzEnqtF5L._SL1000_.jpg

From what I gather, it seems like you're projecting what you WANT to happen, rather than what you think actually is going to happen. We'll see the First Class figure.

I own a bridge in Brooklyn, which is for sale cheap! Want it? :yess:

They wouldn't have gone through the trouble of making it and showing it to the world, had they intended to cancel it.

I doubt they INTENDED to cancel anything, but these things have a way of happening.

As for Mandarin, ask yourself: how many times has Hot Toys ever cancelled a figure that was publicly teased or unveiled?

I don't have a running count; meanwhile we have yet to see anything other than the initial teasers for Prometheus AND XM:FC. This well over a year later I might add.

Hey, if you want to, keep hope alive within yourself. Its a free country. However it seems to me that movie franchises with, shall we say, diminished expectations are experiencing significant delays. We as collectors can make of that what we will, but it does not exactly look good.

Nothing says "Diminished expectations" quite like "Lone Ranger," but we shall see what ends up happening.

Yes, this one:

iipsrv.fcgi

DC has this back in stock as of today; they were out for a bit. I ended up purchasing mine from BBTS via Amazon. I paid a few dollars more than I would have for the PAK version, for a better likeness; she'll stand opposite my Krypton Zod whom I am very happy with. Win!

I have these two, so am much less invested with HT's doings re the MoS line. If it happens it happens, if not I will survive.

I own a bridge in Brooklyn, which is for sale cheap! Want it? :yess:

I doubt they INTENDED to cancel anything, but these things have a way of happening.

I don't have a running count; meanwhile we have yet to see anything other than the initial teasers for Prometheus AND XM:FC. This well over a year later I might add.

Hey, if you want to, keep hope alive within yourself. Its a free country. However it seems to me that movie franchises with, shall we say, diminished expectations are experiencing significant delays. We as collectors can make of that what we will, but it does not exactly look good.

Nothing says "Diminished expectations" quite like "Lone Ranger," but we shall see what ends up happening.

No offense, but now you're just using diversions, sarcasm and continuing your parade of doom and gloom all while avoiding and not addressing any of the facts everyone here has posted. I feel bad for you that you feel that way, but its pretty obvious, to varying degrees, that most others don't.

No offense, but now you're just using diversions, sarcasm and continuing your parade of doom and gloom all while avoiding and not addressing any of the facts everyone here has posted. I feel bad for you that you feel that way, but its pretty obvious, to varying degrees, that most others don't.

Ok, well let me know when those preorders for Prometheus, and XM:FC stuff go up...which more than a year after the initial tease, we still have not seen.

But if that was an existing figure, perhaps it's truer to say the variant was scrapped?
Never got total confirmation, but I'm pretty sure that was a new mold never used on a released figure--the Iron Man Mark II 2.0 without the sculpted rivets--which is something HT really should (probably will) release in red/gold as a regular release sooner or later.

Back