Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Supes and Jor-el look GREAT. i am liking the body adjustment on Superman.

1017316_10152534272394460_1603695392_n.jpg

Really starting to come around on this one. I was going to hold off on this line, but this figure does look very well done, and I like the costume a lot. I'll wait and see what else is teased at SDCC before I commit though.

Also, who said what about the Mandarin never being released? :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I know this is said a lot on this forum but that is seriously one of if not Hot Toys best likeness. It looks EXACTLY like Russell Crowe.

1005641_557277417667586_779307345_n.jpg

I'm quite critical about likeness and that, got quite a load of hate from other members at the Marvel section and this guy and Supe have great likeness to their respective actor IMO and I still think that the armor can be taken off.

From what I have been hearing, 3-D printing is going to completely change this hobby. Actors will be having their likenesses scanned and used to print sculpts instead of being rendered by an artist. We will have 1:1 likenesses that are a perfect facsimile of the actors.

From what I have been hearing, 3-D printing is going to completely change this hobby. Actors will be having their likenesses scanned and used to print sculpts instead of being rendered by an artist. We will have 1:1 likenesses that are a perfect facsimile of the actors.

Not the desktop ones. The quality is still on the poor side. And to print out a 1:1 head would cost way too much for this hobby or any hobby for that matter.

If these are both pictures of the same headsculpt...

970593_10151480827182344_1262460494_n.jpg
935026_557277424334252_914316507_n.jpg

...then it just goes to show just how bad HT are at taking pictures. I thought it was excellent in the prototype pictures from them, but these new photos taken at SDCC just make him look alive!

No kidding! 2 they have shown so far and they both sport amazing likeness to the actors!

My faith in HT has been restored! That's the power of the Man of Steel for ya!

If you want to see more great shots of this stunning figure...check out cooltoyreview...Dave Martin's doing a great job with the images.

The more I see of this one, the more impressed I am. Can't wait for this one!

holy geezus I though the film was a piece of overrated trash but I MIGHT JUST GET THAT I think that's GOT to be the best actor likeness we've gotten from Hot Toys WoOoW!!!

holy geezus I though the film was a piece of overrated trash but I MIGHT JUST GET THAT I think that's GOT to be the best actor likeness we've gotten from Hot Toys WoOoW!!!

Overrated? So called "critics" didn't like it. :dunno

Yeah, I think he looks better here than in HT official promo pics. Looks excellent.

Yah he looks amazing!!!!! One of the best life-like qualities ive seen in a sculpt even with unprofessional photos. He just looks really great every time I see him!!! :)

cant wait for Zod!!!!

I feel that "pros" tend to shoot these like they're products, not shooting people... making those "pro" pics seems very artificial and often the sculpt looks weird.

Back