Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May just have to cancel on Russell and order Arnold. :dunno

Final product gave a rather underwhelming feeling compared to the proto.

May just have to cancel on Russell and order Arnold. :dunno

Final product gave a rather underwhelming feeling compared to the proto.

you are not alone regarding the final product. i am not even surprised that this figure looks a bit underwhelming considering the fact that it's gonna be released before it's schedule release. This is a rush job if you ask me.

I love this figure...what more could you want?? (ooops now I've done it.....):slap

Looks good to me....the only things that are jumping out differently from the proto though are the eyes (way darker) and the hair (also darker...no variegation in the paint app... pics almost make it look one color).

It's funny...the hair paint app and the eye change remind me of how different some of those early Sideshow SW figures came out like ROTS Kenobi & Anakin...decent looking proto sculpts undone in production by paint apps....I hope that's not the case here....

Glad they added the codex...looks nicely detailed....and I really like the new gun...cool detailing on that too.

The outfit looks good... cape wired? Hope so....

Nice box design....and still wish it had a "regular" style HT stand along with the big shield one (especially a crotch-grabber, not this waist-clip, crump-the-robe thing....ah well)...but I'm still looking forward to this one...especially that it's soon....

....and just saw OMG's and jingobell's great galleries...and dayum! I can't wait for this one now! Looks great

Last edited:
This figure looks great. The close up pics of the head sculpt look good to me and the outfit looks great. This is a must for me. Love superman and the man of steel film. Can't wait.

Meh. IMO the worst comic movie of the summer and the figure not doing much for me to warrant a purchase. Maybe Supes......
think you're getting this mixed up with IM3 :monkey3:
It was better than The Wolverine.
Agreed..however, Wolverine was my second favorite
This figure looks great. The close up pics of the head sculpt look good to me and the outfit looks great. This is a must for me. Love superman and the man of steel film. Can't wait.
Yea I think the top dog photographers got it wrong...up and coming Jingobell's pics look the best IMO

DSC_5169_zpsfef27567.jpg

DSC_5144_zpsb3790f68.jpg

Is it me or this the quickest "prototype to production" time I have seen lately from Hot Toys. This went up for pre order in July and already we may have him before the end of the year. In fact Superman went up for order in earlier in June, but Jor-El comes first. I wasn't expecting either of these until next year.

Is it me or this the quickest "prototype to production" time I have seen lately from Hot Toys. This went up for pre order in July and already we may have him before the end of the year. In fact Superman went up for order in earlier in June, but Jor-El comes first. I wasn't expecting either of these until next year.

The Sideshow site says December.
Why was he released before Superman?
Think Sideshow will have him in time for Christmas?

Looks pretty good to me.

Say what you will about MOS, but you have to admit Jor-El was pretty awesome in it. I enjoyed the first 20 minutes or so with him more than anything Superman did in the entire movie. Glad to see a figure was made of him.

Looks pretty good to me.

Say what you will about MOS, but you have to admit Jor-El was pretty awesome in it. I enjoyed the first 20 minutes or so with him more than anything Superman did in the entire movie. Glad to see a figure was made of him.

The fact that he beat Zod kind of ruined both characters for me to be honest

The fact that he beat Zod kind of ruined both characters for me to be honest

I don't understand how beating Zod ruins both characters. If anything, it just further cements jor els status of bad@$$, and should they ever make a movie centered around him, you can bet ill be there opening night.

I'd understand if an @$$ kicking jor el wouldnt make sense if played by another actor, but c'mon, it's russel crow, effin Maximus!!

What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater?

What if a scientist learned how to fight and rebelled against a centuries old doctrine saying he could only be a scientist?

What if a General was so set in his ways and so blinded by doctrine that he never expected a scientist to be any threat?

Zod was trained since birth to be a warrior but it would seem that he was never told how to change tactics on the fly when they weren't working.

Common sense would tell Zod that if every other kryptonian was dead, then it was Kal-El he was supposed to be serving.

I don't understand how beating Zod ruins both characters. If anything, it just further cements jor els status of bad@$$, and should they ever make a movie centered around him, you can bet ill be there opening night.

I'd understand if an @$$ kicking jor el wouldnt make sense if played by another actor, but c'mon, it's russel crow, effin Maximus!!

Well for one, the main villain is gets defeated in hand-to-hand combat in the first act.

What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater?

What if a scientist learned how to fight and rebelled against a centuries old doctrine saying he could only be a scientist?

What if a General was so set in his ways and so blinded by doctrine that he never expected a scientist to be any threat?

Zod was trained since birth to be a warrior but it would seem that he was never told how to change tactics on the fly when they weren't working.

Common sense would tell Zod that if every other kryptonian was dead, then it was Kal-El he was supposed to be serving.

I think it's really unlikely that Jor-el would be successful. If he really was the first person to try and step out of his "destined path" or whatever, then the act of even trying to fight Zod would be a pretty big deal. How could he possibly prepare enough to beat someone who is trained against other fighters? Also, he changed his tactics in the fight with Superman when he took off his armor. He didn't really display superior knowledge of combat in that fight either. Maybe just slightly better.
Anyway, I just kept thinking about Jor-el beating him. It made Superman's fight seem like we were watching 2nd and 3rd place. Idk...it might just be because I'm a fighter so I tend to rank people like that when they win or lose. I see it this way: Jor-el > Zod. But Jor-el is just a scientist so what does it mean that Superman struggled with him? Jor-el> Superman> Zod? Something tells me the only reason Jor-el beat Zod was because Russel Crowe said he's not getting his *** kicked. But I'm just pulling that out of my ***.

Also, I wonder if Zod considered the data in the codex "the people" he was serving? That was a pretty good point.

Back