Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it comes late, ht has not shown enough interest, if it comes early, its a rush job... Hmm wondering what hot toys should do...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If it comes late, ht has not shown enough interest, if it comes early, its a rush job... Hmm wondering what hot toys should do...

You didn't see us say "rush job" with DX12. :wave

It's a rush job because it looks uglier than we were led to believe, plain and simple.
Soft sculpt, weird paint apps..

Then again I will wait to see it in person before giving final judgement.

The fact that he beat Zod kind of ruined both characters for me to be honest

He did not beat Zod. Zod killed him. I would not in any way call that a victory for Jor-El.

He did put up a respectable fight. But there was no way a scientist is going to overcome a guy who has been training in physical combat since the day he got slipped out of the incubator; that would have been stupid.

He did not beat Zod. Zod killed him. I would not in any way call that a victory for Jor-El.

He did put up a respectable fight. But there was no way a scientist is going to overcome a guy who has been training in physical combat since the day he got slipped out of the incubator; that would have been stupid.

In fair hand-to-hand combat Jor El PWNed him. The fact Zod later stabbed him is incidental to the point being made. If memory serves Jor El wasn't even putting up a fight anymore at the point Zod 'killed' him.

There is no way a scientist was going to overcome a guy who has been training to fight since birth? You would think. But that's what the film shows. :dunno

I honestly don't see the different between final and prototype, at least not enough to call it a rush job. It looks great.

Did i see a different movie... I thot he kicked zods butt in a fist fight! ... How was zod stronger... No idea...

I honestly don't see the different between final and prototype, at least not enough to call it a rush job. It looks great.
I don't think it's a rush job either. Half the time people on these boards seem like they're just looking for something to complain about if you ask me. My only real complaint about this figure is the lack of the hope symbol on the bodysuit.

There are pics out there without the harsh lighting where he doesn't look as tanned or as shiny.
So i'll wait till i have mine in hand to judge it.

$_12.JPG

I don't think it's a rush job either. Half the time people on these boards seem like they're just looking for something to complain about if you ask me. My only real complaint about this figure is the lack of the hope symbol on the bodysuit.

:goodpost::exactly:

Agreed with both of y'all! Only real difference I see are the paint apps but that always happens. And the error in in not including the proper suit detail can be fixed with buying another superman suit when it comes out and repaint the chest symbol

That paintjob :monkey2 :monkey4 Can't decide if I want to keep my order or not. :slap

Face needs a coat of matte.

090110f1rfh9p8c338r8up.jpg

090112it7omwmstzsqxvz5.jpg

Looks good to me. Only thing I would say thats not so good is the under suit. No emblem and its not fitted well like someone else mentioned.

Looks good to me. Only thing I would say thats not so good is the under suit. No emblem and its not fitted well like someone else mentioned.

:exactly:

It would have been nice to be able to display him with or without the robe, but that was never a deal breaker for me. I think it looks fantastic and I am super excited to begin my Man of Steel collection. I can, however, understand those that say it lacks a certain wow factor. Though, I think that has more to do with the version choice Hot toys made than with the figure itself. I don't think this would be criticised as much if it had been the armoured version of Jor-El. I think you probably need to have some hardcore love for the Man of Steel film to want to drop the money on this guy, because honestly, this is the most boring version of the character in the film.

Totally agree.. With the suit on, he looks fantastic!!

It must have been rushed out to coincide with the movie's videocassette release.

Can you dig it?

Can you DIG IT...?

CAAAAAN YOOOOOOU DIG IIIIIIIIT.........?

The Warriors was the first film I ever saw on VHS!

back OT, I am happy that this is one of the figures I did not have to cut from the roster in my recent kull.

I was originally gonna pass on this and just get Superman and Zod. But after watching the movie again. I kinda wanna get this too now to have the complete set. I just love this movie.

Can some help me .. If any of you guys have in hand the jor el can you post the dimmensions on the base shield .? Thank you guys

Back