Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"kidadult" has his "unboxing" video up...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2qMOB0FB_w"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2qMOB0FB_w[/ame]

Really stoked for this now....looks awesome!

If we're talikn' about another HT figure of a Crowe character...I say bring on "Maximus" from "Gladiator"...

However back to MOS...I hope this figure does well enough to imspire HT to do a second figure of JorEl....one with an "House of El" enblem-blazoned chest/skinsuit with the outer -robe (AI version) and/or an armored version...

In the meantime, the more "in hand" reveals" coming out for this one are looking good. This video shows what looks like a partially wired cape, an extremely well-detailed shoulder/chest piece and the robe's material looks sturdy but malleable enough for some good futzing. The sculpt and paint apps look great on the one here. The "gooseneck"-style stand support looks cool too...presumably Kal-El should feature that one as well far some great "floating" poses.

I think Jor-El looks great. It's a pleasant surprise to get something early from Hot Toys for change. Hopefully we get the same treatment for Supes and Zod.

Jor-El will make a mighty fine Christmas gift to myself.:p

From all the blogger shots I still haven't seen him posed with his hands together at his front like this:
Mos_JorEl.jpg

It may be a different outfit(would have been nice if he came with it) But i like the pose.

Trying to hold off on purchasing this guy as i've put my collecting on hold for a while.

Kind of wondering why this release was pushed up a couple months, especially since the Man of steel figure went up for pre order long before this figure.

It's a pleasant surprise, but makes me wonder if perhaps there just wasn't alot of orders so they wanted to finish the line quickly to focus on other lines with hefty pre orders. Any thoughts on this guys and gals?

I think they were due an expansion of their production facility and must have signed up new man power / facility / production units etc... As they were getting severely back logged.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Can some help me .. If any of you guys have in hand the jor el can you post the dimmensions on the base shield .? Thank you guys

Despite not having seen MoS yet, I'd like to get this. Only thing I will say about it is that he looks like he's about to cry, other than that, looks very good.

I'll be honest I've got no interest in getting this till Superman is out as well, he'd just look far too out of place on his own (upside of being happy to wait is I'll be able to get him cheaper from the UK sellers)

Ridiculously amazing sculpt!!!! Details in the armor is a work of art. Cant wait to see him in-hand and really most of all cant wait to see Zod!!!

If your not happy with this, then idk. Prob time to leave the hobby.:lol

:exactly::goodpost:
I think he looks perfect! HT releases a new figure- and the naysayers swarm.....:rotfl

:exactly::goodpost:
I think he looks perfect! HT releases a new figure- and the naysayers swarm.....:rotfl

I think he looks very good! HT release a new figure- and the fanboys swarm & don't want to hear any other subjective opinions....:rotfl

I should have him in the morning.

I think he looks very good! HT release a new figure- and the fanboys swarm & don't want to hear any other subjective opinions....:rotfl

Cool. Look forward to your thoughts... (and pics ;))

Mine is on his way too.

Last edited:

Very good!!! You sure get 'em fast. Hope he is here in the US soon....

I think they were due an expansion of their production facility and must have signed up new man power / facility / production units etc... As they were getting severely back logged.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I hope they did expand, it seemed like the norm was to add 1-2 months on to the projected release date. So I found this to be quite a surprise when I noticed the estimated delivery to be December.

But then again, they did the same thing with the DX12 and it seemed to be an isolated event that it was released ahead of schedule that was accompanied by alot of quality control issues. I guess time will tell with the other figures to be released soon such as Man of Steel and mark 42 which are both projected in 1st quarter of 2014 as this figure was.

How has yours been posted so quickly? Earlier today you said you'd just like to get him and now you've hit the buy button and got it posted? And all on a Sunday?

Bought him off Timcent on eBay. Should have him Thursday maybe? I sold another figure and had the money in my PayPal so thought I may as well go on and order one. His price was only £5-£10 more than the UK prices I found.

Back