Hot Toys-MMS 220-The Wolverine-Wolverine 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
look like the same inaccurate ones as before. I have some accurate ones coming from ebay though. :impatient:

That's great. got a link to them?

How exactly are the claws inaccurate? Does anyone have photos showing the differences?

Sure thing. I have Spekerol's pic of the Claw curvature. The actual claws are supposed to have a flattened edge on the top and the tips, extending back about 6 inches(In full scale).
As they still are:

101A9DC6-0B65-4AA6-BF63-ABB9FE97E340_zpsoktqzpxc.jpg

As they *should* be:

X-Men-Wolverine-Claws-2.jpg

Although how those bone claws are supposed to fit in there is anyone's guess, haha.

Please the claws are fine this is 1/6th scale let's not ruin the stride by worrying about the friggin claws

So we can't talk about inaccuracies now?
I am sure we can. I was just wondering if they had corrected a flaw which is quite glaring.
It's not a personal attack upon you or your family, so just chill a bit, lol.
I am not saying this to say "It's inaccurate and i want NO PART OF THIS!!!!!".
I was just asking if the claws had been fixed.
It would probably be quite tough to make them in 1/6 totally accurate. But i *was* just asking after all, lol.

That's great. got a link to them?

Sure thing. I have Spekerol's pic of the Claw curvature. The actual claws are supposed to have a flattened edge on the top and the tips, extending back about 6 inches(In full scale).
As they still are:

101A9DC6-0B65-4AA6-BF63-ABB9FE97E340_zpsoktqzpxc.jpg

As they *should* be:

X-Men-Wolverine-Claws-2.jpg

Although how those bone claws are supposed to fit in there is anyone's guess, haha.

So we can't talk about inaccuracies now?
I am sure we can. I was just wondering if they had corrected a flaw which is quite glaring.
It's not a personal attack upon you or your family, so just chill a bit, lol.
I am not saying this to say "It's inaccurate and i want NO PART OF THIS!!!!!".
I was just asking if the claws had been fixed.
It would probably be quite tough to make them in 1/6 totally accurate. But i *was* just asking after all, lol.

Sorry Bar no offense I'm just so sick of people bashing this figure and most have not even had it in hand! LOL as far as the claws go I think it is a bit similar to the X3 which IMO have what you say and are the closest to the actual film production props they use

Sorry Bar no offense I'm just so sick of people bashing this figure and most have not even had it in hand!
Funnily enough, you were one of them at one point.

Got the figure anyway, in hand it's an okay figure. Tailoring is great.

Jackman likeness (though greater than prior attempts) is definitely NOT there. People that see a lot of Hugh in this sculpt need to get their eyes checked. It looks more like a pissed off Sean Connery than Jackman in-hand.

Man I love the tank top wife beater and blazer look it looks so Mafa style

That is a good look for him. Long term Hot Toys must be expecting the jacket to stain the and body arms, so maybe I'll try that using the spare unpainted spare body and save the MMS220.

Ralph_Sutter said:
Got the figure anyway, in hand it's an okay figure. Tailoring is great.

Jackman likeness (though greater than prior attempts) is definitely NOT there. People that see a lot of Hugh in this sculpt need to get their eyes checked. It looks more like a pissed off Sean Connery than Jackman in-hand.

Glad you like him better than you thought you would.

Might not look exactly like Jackman (I don't have him in hand to judge) but I agree that it's the best of the attempts so far. The Origins version seems to lack the detail HT now put in; The Last Stand looks okay from certain angles, but this new one is the one that sells the character to me.

Rainpaulo said:
Loved the pose at the end as well...I'm stealing that one..to think people were worried about this piece.

I think a lot of Wolverines will be striking 'the Ryno pose' !

Sorry Bar no offense I'm just so sick of people bashing this figure and most have not even had it in hand! LOL as far as the claws go I think it is a bit similar to the X3 which IMO have what you say and are the closest to the actual film production props they use

I'm not rubbishing the figure at all. Just saying it's shame they never fixed the claws.
The claws have been exactly the same in all the movies. I wish we could have had him wearing a decent hairstyle for as long, lol.
Here are the claws from X1, X2 and XMO(I don't count Last stand, and will *not* watch it to get a screen cap, lol):

x1X-Menavi_snapshot_001948_20140222_132524.jpg

X-Men22003avi_snapshot_005032_20140222_132653.jpg

X-MenOrigins-Wolverine2009avi_snapshot_010534_20140222_133024.jpg

I am of the mindset, Jackman likeness is best here than previous two attempts but still not 100%. I wish we had more info on Wolfman figure banned from the site. I am either picking up,a second HT version or Ex version for beater look. Then await the DOFP version and have so many Wolvies all my.....

I am of the mindset, Jackman likeness is best here than previous two attempts but still not 100%.

I agree, and also the most aesthetically pleasing. I haven't seen any sculpting changes between the prototype and the production, so I guess I'm lucky in that I'll be getting what I pre-ordered.

For that matter, since Hot Toys use artists rather than 3D scanning techniques (which would be impossible for actors who's performances were from many years ago), the sculpts are always going to be an artistic interpretation rather than verisimilitude.

Darkseed said:
I wish we had more info on Wolfman figure banned from the site.

You and me both!

I agree, and also the most aesthetically pleasing. I haven't seen any sculpting changes between the prototype and the production, so I guess I'm lucky in that I'll be getting what I pre-ordered.

For that matter, since Hot Toys use artists rather than 3D scanning techniques (which would be impossible for actors who's performances were from many years ago), the sculpts are always going to be an artistic interpretation rather than verisimilitude.

You and me both!

Let's not forget that we're paying them good money to be WOW'ed here. I get what you're saying, this sculpt is okay... but it's not what I'm used to in terms of getting a HT quality figure.

It's silly to sit here and say that we need to tilt and light the head "just right" to not make it look weird.

When I opened the Jack Sparrow box...my mind was blown.
When I opened the T1 T800...I thought they had shrunk Ahhnnnullldd.
Most of my HT figures left me that excited, and most of them do not need studio lighting or millimeter-precision-poses to look good.

This one, just like I expected, left me a little bummed. Just like the DX05. It's the best Wolvie around, just like the DX05 is the best Indy around. Does that warrant the price tag? Hell no.

The only way the price would be justified (imho) is if the delivered a second (buffer version) of his body that can be worn topless or with the wifebeater. I know the wifebeater has padding, but the arms still look to thin.

I'll be modding the ***** out of this head piece for sure. I'm definitely removing the Vincent Price stache, part of the beard on the chin and the soul patch later today using non-acetone nail polish.

I might also exaggerate the mutton chops. Right now they seem too flat, like they just smushed a bit of clay on the HS. They were way more pronounced and bushy in the Wolverine (almost like whiskers...lol). So I might sculpt and add some extra material to those as well.

Last edited:
Let's not forget that we're paying them good money to be WOW'ed here. I get what you're saying, this sculpt is okay... but it's not what I'm used to in terms of getting a HT quality figure.

It's silly to sit here and say that we need to tilt and light the head "just right" to not make it look weird.

When I opened the Jack Sparrow box...my mind was blown.
When I opened the T1 T800...I thought they had shrunk Ahhnnnullldd.
Most of my HT figures left me that excited, and most of them do not need studio lighting or millimeter-precision-poses to look good.

This one, just like I expected, left me a little bummed. Just like the DX05. It's the best Wolvie around, just like the DX05 is the best Indy around. Does that warrant the price tag? Hell no.

The only way the price would be justified (imho) is if the delivered a second (buffer version) of his body that can be worn topless or with the wifebeater. I know the wifebeater has padding, but the arms still look to thin.

I'll be modding the ***** out of this head piece for sure. I'm definitely removing the Vincent Price stache, part of the beard on the chin and the soul patch later today using non-acetone nail polish.

I might also exaggerate the mutton chops. Right now they seem too flat, like they just smushed a bit of clay on the HS. They were way more pronounced and bushy in the Wolverine (almost like whiskers...lol). So I might sculpt and add some extra material to those as well.

I'm really looking forward to seeing your modded sculpt. I might pick up an extra to experiment on if I like how yours comes out! I really do think the likeness is in there, just buried.... Dat stache tho!

All in all, I am happy with how it came out, and am extremely excited to get mine on Monday! But there is really NO reason for that stache to be on there.

I'm not rubbishing the figure at all. Just saying it's shame they never fixed the claws.
The claws have been exactly the same in all the movies. I wish we could have had him wearing a decent hairstyle for as long, lol.
Here are the claws from X1, X2 and XMO(I don't count Last stand, and will *not* watch it to get a screen cap, lol):

x1X-Menavi_snapshot_001948_20140222_132524.jpg

X-Men22003avi_snapshot_005032_20140222_132653.jpg

X-MenOrigins-Wolverine2009avi_snapshot_010534_20140222_133024.jpg

I'm not saying the claws on the figure are any more accurate, but in The Wolverine, his claws were actually noticeably different from the other movies...
the-wolverine-claws-popped.jpg

Back