Hot Toys-MMS 220-The Wolverine-Wolverine 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know the chances of Hot Toys making a Days of Future Past Wolverine? I'm debating whether to buy this Wolverine or wait and see because i really like his costume in DOFP.

People are anticipating that. My guess is yes, HT would make a DOFP Wolverine -- only Wolverine :lol

While we wait for that to happen, here's a cool custom shared by William Lau on OSR

1897873_597663150308222_364433490_n.jpg

1653619_597663176974886_1548139615_n.jpg

1620967_597663163641554_2039907399_n.jpg

A little more progress, started on the first skin tone wash layer. More skin layers tomorrow, then repainting the hair and stubble.

Nice and very brave work, Ralph! Makes the likeness more apparent.

People are anticipating that. My guess is yes, HT would make a DOFP Wolverine -- only Wolverine :lol

While we wait for that to happen, here's a cool custom shared by William Lau on OSR

1897873_597663150308222_364433490_n.jpg

1653619_597663176974886_1548139615_n.jpg

1620967_597663163641554_2039907399_n.jpg

Nice and very brave work, Ralph! Makes the likeness more apparent.

That custom looks great really liking it

I think the MMS220 sculpt looks better with the moustache.

movies_the-wolverine-poster.jpg

WFTCRMImageFetch.aspx

Logan goes a few days without shaving his upper lip. What's the big deal? When you think about it, it's a bit metrosexual to spend every day grooming a particular look. :monkey3

With Logan's healing factor his mustache would just grow back every time he shaves. Kind of like Evan Almighty. Lol

Seems to me that Hot Toys is having a difficult time in nailing Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale likeness in their sculpts. They already had at least 3 goes at them and are getting better and better but just not quite there yet. Had these 2 actors played Superman, Hot Toys would do it right on their first go. So far for me, Jack Sparrow DX, Reeves Superman and Cavill Man of Steel are the top 3 head sculpts closest to the likeness to the actors. They really should post on Facebook a voting for approval by fans. Anything less than 80% for final product should be reworked before mass production. In my humble opinion, a figure commanding a price over $200 dollars should be near identical in likeness of the actor in role. Resemble, or lighting or looking in different angles just shouldn't happen. We shouldn't have to be convinced about a high quality product.
Saying a figure looks better in person than in picture is just as insulting as if it was said to a real person directly. That speaks a lot for this figure.

Seems to me that Hot Toys is having a difficult time in nailing Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale likeness in their sculpts. They already had at least 3 goes at them and are getting better and better but just not quite there yet. Had these 2 actors played Superman, Hot Toys would do it right on their first go. So far for me, Jack Sparrow DX, Reeves Superman and Cavill Man of Steel are the top 3 head sculpts closest to the likeness to the actors. They really should post on Facebook a voting for approval by fans. Anything less than 80% for final product should be reworked before mass production. In my humble opinion, a figure commanding a price over $200 dollars should be near identical in likeness of the actor in role. Resemble, or lighting or looking in different angles just shouldn't happen. We shouldn't have to be convinced about a high quality product.
Saying a figure looks better in person than in picture is just as insulting as if it was said to a real person directly. That speaks a lot for this figure.

Have you seen john connor..? id say thay nailed that one

Yeah, the John Connor is so far the closest to Bale's likeness, they took a step back with The Dark Knight Bales. Have you seen the Iminime Bale for Psycho? That sculpt is more spot on just needs HTs painting touch. I'm sure HTs is going to get another crack at him with the next Xmen film. I hope they slam dunk it with the next one.

anyone interested in trading me a wolverine for MoS Superman? I'm looking for a Wolvie head, body, metal claws, tank top, brown pants with boots, and brown shoes for MoS Superman head, body either with or without the collar mod, hands, boots, command key, and box. Let me know if you're interested at all! Thanks!

Yeah, the John Connor is so far the closest to Bale's likeness, they took a step back with The Dark Knight Bales. Have you seen the Iminime Bale for Psycho? That sculpt is more spot on just needs HTs painting touch. I'm sure HTs is going to get another crack at him with the next Xmen film. I hope they slam dunk it with the next one.

Just needs Hot Toys painting touch...................... please tell me your joking.

iminime is by far the best company to paint sculpts. They are in a league of their own, and Hot Toys have never put a single painted sculpt out that even comes remotely close to them.

Just needs Hot Toys painting touch...................... please tell me your joking.

iminime is by far the best company to paint sculpts. They are in a league of their own, and Hot Toys have never put a single painted sculpt out that even comes remotely close to them.

:lol:lol:rotfl

You must be the one who's joking right?

Back