Hot Toys-MMS 220-The Wolverine-Wolverine 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really looking forward to seeing your modded sculpt. I might pick up an extra to experiment on if I like how yours comes out! I really do think the likeness is in there, just buried.... Dat stache tho!

All in all, I am happy with how it came out, and am extremely excited to get mine on Monday! But there is really NO reason for that stache to be on there.

Thanks dude. I just started working on it. I am in the process of stripping all of the brown paint/hair around the mouth to better match the actual facial hair from the film.

I'm using regular (non-acetone) nail polish remover, that I am applying with one side of a Q-tip and then rubbing with the other.

It takes some time for the paint to come off, and afterwards you are left with this.

As you can see there is (lighter) exposed resin, so I'll touch that up with a darker wash to match the main skin tone. I'll probably dry-brush some black/grey on the upper lip to give it a bit of a stubble effect, but that's about it :) It definitely looks 2000x better than the stache and soul patch combo.

Last edited:
Thanks dude. I just started working on it. I am in the process of stripping all of the brown paint/hair around the mouth to better match the actual facial hair from the film.

I'm using regular (non-acetone) nail polish remover, that I am applying with one side of a Q-tip and then rubbing with the other.

It takes some time for the paint to come off, and afterwards you are left with this.

As you can see there is (lighter) exposed resin, so I'll touch that up with a darker wash to match the main skin tone. I'll probably dry-brush some black/grey on the upper lip to give it a bit of a stubble effect, but that's about it :) It definitely looks 2000x better than the stache and soul patch combo.

Can't wait to see the competed paint of up it.

Wow man, world of a difference IMO. Guy is no longer a homeless mariachi.

Looking forward to your finalized work as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know the chances of Hot Toys making a Days of Future Past Wolverine? I'm debating whether to buy this Wolverine or wait and see because i really like his costume in DOFP.

Oh HELL YES. I'm definitely going to try to pick up an extra sculpt to do this with, though. I'm not at all confident in my ability to match the paint work post-removal. It already looks SOOOOO much better!!!

Recieved mine yesterday! I think it looks great! :)

w-03-6212-small_zpsf611dd39.jpg~original

Current position in the display. I'll be making some changes later on.

w-01-6208-small_zps11434323.jpg~original

w-04-6286-small_zps87f58f74.jpg~original

w-05-6267-small_zpse3a85517.jpg~original

Beautiful pics fellas! I can't wait to start taking my own pics tomorrow evening. :clap

I looked pretty closely to the claws and they are definitely the style from the first 4 films. Although the claws are different in The Wolverine, they are not new claws on the figure

I am not too familiar with custom bodies, so if somebody can tell me if this body will fit just fine with the suit? I am planning to use the suit for my tony stark.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Figure...7524?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item33839d51f4

That might be a be a bit skinny.

This is the Wolverine body type:

Hot-Toys_TTM19_TrueType-Figure-Muscular-Body.jpg

I think these two are the TTM19 compatible types:

https://www.kghobby.com/1-6-scale-custom-muscular-nude-action-figure-body/

https://www.kghobby.com/muscular-club-1-6-muscular-nude-caucasian-figure-body/

Back