1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 241-Captain America:TWS-Winter Soldier 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember the pic you're talking about.... Pretty sure it was earlier in the thread from months ago. Someone used a hair dryer to heat the hair and moved it. I was looking for that pic too when I got my fig but never found it

I finally decided to take this figure apart yesterday to try to remove the padded suit, and since I don't recall seeing any detailed posts about it, I thought I might put this out there for anyone else interested.

The first thing to do is to remove a stitch holding the shoulder strap to the vest (under the left arm). Once that's off, the clothing can all be taken off (some of it more easily than others). There's some stitching at the crotch for the padding, which if you cut, lets you take the padded suit off from the top (like a shirt). The right arm is one of the big shouldered ones, like the ones on the Cap bodies (I'm guessing based on pictures, since I don't have that body to compare).

Once the padding is off, the right shoulder articulation improves a tiny bit, as does the torso articulation. The issue is that the outer vest is tailored to a larger body, so it fits pretty loosely when you put everything back on. I was hoping to create a slightly more tapered torso (this brings up memories of the Stealth Cap thread) by tightening the vest near the waist, but after my crude attempts, it still manages to look like a straight torso.

Also, for those who complained about how the metal arm is supposed to extend a bit onto the chest, HT actually sculpted some of that onto the torso (see the black areas near the left shoulder). They just buried it under layers of padding and clothing. :slap
winter shoulder.jpg

I'm still deciding if I want to keep the padded suit on or not, but for the moment, it's back on the body. It helps with the fit of the vest, and since I don't know enough yet to try to tighten/tailor it, I might as well leave it on since it doesn't make as much of a difference on the articulation as I initially thought. Breaking the stitching at the crotch already helps plenty with waist articulation.

Huh was it? How about the strap over it? Considering getting a new vest since mine lost a few buttons and I don't want to bother gluing them back on ha

You have to first snip a thread that's holding the harness to the vest (under the left arm); once that's cut, you can slip the harness off over the top (that one took a while to get off).

From there, the vest comes off fairly easily. The bands across the chest (with the button studs) are just velcro'ed together, so you undo each of them (plus one under the collar), then the vest just comes off the body like a jacket (without any sleeves).

It might be possible to take the whole thing off without snipping the harness thread, but you'd still undo the velcro straps (to loosen the vest). If you're getting a new vest though, then you'll definitely need to snip the harness thread, in which case you get the easy vest removal option.

You have to first snip a thread that's holding the harness to the vest (under the left arm); once that's cut, you can slip the harness off over the top (that one took a while to get off).

From there, the vest comes off fairly easily. The bands across the chest (with the button studs) are just velcro'ed together, so you undo each of them (plus one under the collar), then the vest just comes off the body like a jacket (without any sleeves).

It might be possible to take the whole thing off without snipping the harness thread, but you'd still undo the velcro straps (to loosen the vest). If you're getting a new vest though, then you'll definitely need to snip the harness thread, in which case you get the easy vest removal option.
Cool. Thanks for the info!

I wanted to display him with comic look, so i took it apart after a few days of getting him.
Once I saw the stain and the work needed to be done - I stopped and put everything. But I did cut the undershirt (or whatever the last layer is called) around the right armpit area off to have his right arm hang closer to the body in a neutral pose. Quite happy with how it came out. (Also changed the right hand to the original Barney Ross's)

Here's mine with Iron Monger

image.jpg

I wanted to display him with comic look, so i took it apart after a few days of getting him.
Once I saw the stain and the work needed to be done - I stopped and put everything. But I did cut the undershirt (or whatever the last layer is called) around the right armpit area off to have his right arm hang closer to the body in a neutral pose.

Did you cut the padded suit along the torso or the upper arm? I was thinking of doing something similar (cutting along the torso in the armpit area), but I'm also probably never going to have the right arm hanging in a neutral pose, so I held off.

Nice looking pose there with the Monger! :clap

Back