1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 241-Captain America:TWS-Winter Soldier 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol....that place is a disaster.
You going to get it?

I think its great, I sell most of my stuff there. Yes I will be getting this guy for sure.

I agree. I was tempted to cancel but wanted to wait and see what he said. Now I'm thinking I may keep this order.

I think its worth getting. :dunno Is it not as good as you expected? I feel that way about most of the Winter Soldier figures so far.

I remember all of the complaints about Black Widow and she's easily my favorite Widow and one of my very favorite figures in my MCU collection.

My only problem with this figure has only ever been the lack of a clean face sculpt, but the sculpts included are fantastic. I don't expect I'll have much of an issue with the arm once I get the figure in hand. The only real issue I have with it now is at the joint. Don't like that.

But I'm such a fan of the character and everything else about the figure looks awesome, so it's not even close to being even a tiny deal breaker for me.

Just watched Clipperking's Winter Soldier review today. It's funny how I seem to disagree with him on almost everything--our favorite movies, favorite characters, our taste in action figures--and I of course disagreed with a lot of what he said about the Winter Soldier figure, right down to which head he prefers to display it with. But even though I tend to disagree with him, I'll be damned if I don't still love watching his reviews. It's not just that they're so informative, but it's Clipperking himself--he's just great fun to listen to.

He didn't love the figure (though he ended up rating it fairly highly) and he's selling it. I, on the other hand, can't wait to receive it.

And no, Clipperking, Amazing Spider-Man 2 was not a better movie than Captain America: The Winter Soldier! :)

Just watched Clipperking's Winter Soldier review today. It's funny how I seem to disagree with him on almost everything--our favorite movies, favorite characters, our taste in action figures--and I of course disagreed with a lot of what he said about the Winter Soldier figure, right down to which head he prefers to display it with. But even though I tend to disagree with him, I'll be damned if I don't still love watching his reviews. It's not just that they're so informative, but it's Clipperking himself--he's just great fun to listen to.

He didn't love the figure (though he ended up rating it fairly highly) and he's selling it. I, on the other hand, can't wait to receive it.

And no, Clipperking, Amazing Spider-Man 2 was not a better movie than Captain America: The Winter Soldier! :)

Truth :lecture...... its insane to think otherwise.

So just took WS out of the box for a quick look while I'm at work. First impressions are that this is well put-together figure. He's solid, as in he has mass and the tailoring and weathering is some of Hot Toys' finest to date. Head sculpts, aside from the hair, are amazing. I think this figure would have been a total home run with rooted hair. I will be doing the heat up and reform mod I posted a few days ago.

The one thing that's really confusing to me is why the arm isn't painted the same way as the derringers. Those are a nice shiny silver. I mean, I had to look twice and make sure they weren't actually die cast. Then the arm is silver, yet dull. Both pistols and arm are made of plastic and contain moving parts, so why not use the exact same paint on all of them? That would have solved the huge nitpick everyone has with this figure.

I'm going to officially unbox him later tonight so i'll post pics and any additional feedback once I get to really take a look at him. Feel free to ask any questions you have in case you're on the fence with this one.

Until I have Falcon to complete the line, I think I'm going to shelve him with my new Dredd figure. Should look pretty good together.

So just took WS out of the box for a quick look while I'm at work. First impressions are that this is well put-together figure. He's solid, as in he has mass and the tailoring and weathering is some of Hot Toys' finest to date. Head sculpts, aside from the hair, are amazing. I think this figure would have been a total home run with rooted hair. I will be doing the heat up and reform mod I posted a few days ago.

The one thing that's really confusing to me is why the arm isn't painted the same way as the derringers. Those are a nice shiny silver. I mean, I had to look twice and make sure they weren't actually die cast. Then the arm is silver, yet dull. Both pistols and arm are made of plastic and contain moving parts, so why not use the exact same paint on all of them? That would have solved the huge nitpick everyone has with this figure.

I'm going to officially unbox him later tonight so i'll post pics and any additional feedback once I get to really take a look at him. Feel free to ask any questions you have in case you're on the fence with this one.

Until I have Falcon to complete the line, I think I'm going to shelve him with my new Dredd figure. Should look pretty good together.

Congrats on the pickup! If you happen to have a 1/6 Barrett, I'm sure a lot of Freaks would like to see WS holding it!

Congrats on the pickup! If you happen to have a 1/6 Barrett, I'm sure a lot of Freaks would like to see WS holding it!

Yup, I'll do that plus I've had the multiple grenade launcher since I preordered so I'll pose him with that as well.

This guy is packed with weapons and almost everything can be on him at any given time. I wish the larger firearms all had slings but oh well.

Coincidentally, recently I've been doing research on the Toynami 30th Anni. Voltron and a lot of those reviews touch on the subject of chrome paint. There are some people who wrap the Black Lion's legs before putting the Blue & Yellow on to preserve the chrome. It seemed to be an issue over time with the old versions from the 80's.

I believe that the decisions made on the arm were tough ones for HT. I'm sure that they have to balance out what will be acceptable to us picky bastards, with what will give them a slew of QC complaints and another nightmare for them. I'm sure it was either budget or functionality issues that made them decide against going a die-cast.

This choice of paint is probably for the same reason why the under-part on Bane's arms are plain plastic and cheap looking, and not painted the same as the rest of his arm.

Don't get me wrong.... it sucks that the arm isn't metallic, and I want it chromed as bad as everyone else; I'm just making sense of why they chose not to

A-FOOKIN-MEN!!!

I didn't agree with a word he said in that one but I know what you mean; I usually enjoy his reviews too whether I agree or not. This one I didn't get anything out of though. Even if I don't agree, at least he usually gives us a good look at a fig with an HD camera and good poses, but not this time.

Coincidentally, recently I've been doing research on the Toynami 30th Anni. Voltron and a lot of those reviews touch on the subject of chrome paint. There are some people who wrap the Black Lion's legs before putting the Blue & Yellow on to preserve the chrome. It seemed to be an issue over time with the old versions from the 80's.

I believe that the decisions made on the arm were tough ones for HT. I'm sure that they have to balance out what will be acceptable to us picky bastards, with what will give them a slew of QC complaints and another nightmare for them. I'm sure it was either budget or functionality issues that made them decide against going a die-cast.

This choice of paint is probably for the same reason why the under-part on Bane's arms are plain plastic and cheap looking, and not painted the same as the rest of his arm.

Don't get me wrong.... it sucks that the arm isn't metallic, and I want it chromed as bad as everyone else; I'm just making sense of why they chose not to

Some collectors -- no, some people in general, can be so demanding at times that their demands go over their logic. You really can't please everybody. Just look at how some complain about "ugly" joints visible, while some complain about the possible premature deterioration of rubber for seamless bodies, and/or it's lack of articulation compared to jointed ones. You try to bash Hot Toys for their "poor decisions" and some would brand you a hater. You try to be open to possible reasons behind those decisions and people would brand you an apologist fanboy.

I'm with ya. I guess I'm an apologist-hater because I'm usually caught in the middle of both ideals :lol

I'm part of the collective monster that HT created because I have high expectations of my $250+ figures, and I'm as picky as the next guy (I say "that HT created" because it's the evolution of the potential of the hobby + the price increases that has made people have high expectations). But I think to throw around hate and excuses fairly, it's important to know what's feasible and what's not for the manufacturer.

Looks like a solid figure. Two great scuplts, nice outfit and well accessorized. Only minus I see is the execution of the bionic arm could've been better executed (actually that's a pretty important thing given it's the defining design element for the character). Too bad it's not really an iconic enough of a character for me to warrant a purchase and wouldn't fit in my collection (and speaking as a fan of the movie too).

I'm with ya. I guess I'm an apologist-hater because I'm usually caught in the middle of both ideals :lol

I'm part of the collective monster that HT created because I have high expectations of my $250+ figures, and I'm as picky as the next guy (I say "that HT created" because it's the evolution of the potential of the hobby + the price increases that has made people have high expectations). But I think to throw around hate and excuses fairly, it's important to know what's feasible and what's not for the manufacturer.

Yeah. HT themselves have set the bar too high as well as the pressure on them, and their rising prices of course would only mean rising expectations. However, there are times that these expectations get the better of us and demand for things that may not have been actually feasible.

If you could get to read various forums and Facebook discussions regarding Hulkbuster... At its size some people are demanding that HT makes it die-cast. If HT does so even those who asked for it would curse HT for the high price. Reminds me of people who complained about The Bat being in 1/12, but won't they be the first to bash HT (and SSC) for its SRP and the horrific shipping fees if it were 1/6? :lol

Could the figure have come with an extra jacket? He's got a jacket on when he fires the mine gun thing at Nick Fury. The scene is flipped in the film - his right arm is bionic.

Back