1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 241-Captain America:TWS-Winter Soldier 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are a few quick snaps with him holding the Barrett. This is the wrong model but I'm kind of liking it. You would think an assassin like him would use a suppressed weapon.

There's no way for him to hold it other than the way I have it. It actually fit into his hand really well without the scope but it didn't look quite right. Really liking the way this figure came out.

It's the suppressor that makes it look so freaking huge. If I get another one it'll be the CQ (close quarters) model. It's just more compact. I'll stick with what I have for now. Plus he's loaded with weapons already so I'm sure I'll do some sort of pose rotation.

I ordered an extra pair of Dredd boots for him and they sent me the whole figure by mistake. I was only charged $35 for a $150 figure. I think I'm going to make another WS figure using the boots and jacket from Dredd and just getting another pair of WS pants. That way I can use both head sculpts and show both looks he had in the movie.

Very cool with the Barrett...have to think about this...i just love 1/6 firearms, but in real life I'd never touch weapons ;)

20.jpg

Man, that's a nice mistake.

I couldn't believe it. I was wondering why a box that was supposed to contain only boots was so big. Opened it up and thought, oh crap...until I saw the invoice. $35 for Judge Dredd.

Question for you guys: would you return the figure? i hadn't thought twice about it until now and I'm actually considering it.

I couldn't believe it. I was wondering why a box that was supposed to contain only boots was so big. Opened it up and thought, oh crap...until I saw the invoice. $35 for Judge Dredd.

Question for you guys: would you return the figure? i hadn't thought twice about it until now and I'm actually considering it.

Keep it.

I'd probably return the figure with the fear that they'd catch their mistake and charge me for it:rotfl

I'd definitely keep it. A full figure for $35? Heck yeah.

That's kind of my line of thinking as well. I mean how do mistake boots for the whole figure?

I really do want to part him out so I can make a second Winter Soldier figure. I already have Dredd and don't see the need for another. Although mine is a little better equipped now and is dual wielding pistols.

You could offer them some money for it :dunno just be like 'I got this figure but i don't want to send it back, so I'll give you $50' Also consider the fact that someone paid full price for that figure, but they just got your boots :slap

Here are a few quick snaps with him holding the Barrett. This is the wrong model but I'm kind of liking it. You would think an assassin like him would use a suppressed weapon.

There's no way for him to hold it other than the way I have it. It actually fit into his hand really well without the scope but it didn't look quite right. Really liking the way this figure came out.

I'm never disappointed with this guy in every good quality pic I see. Can't wait

Nice score on the full Dread but I hear ya, I'd have a moral struggle in the same situation too. But maybe I'm not the guy to listen to. I'm the idiot that does things like tells people at registers when they forget to charge me for something, or tell them if the gave me back too much change.

Damn that barrett is big. I didn't realize that.

Even the shorter one with the arrow head muzzle is like 10"-11"

Yeah. HT themselves have set the bar too high as well as the pressure on them, and their rising prices of course would only mean rising expectations. However, there are times that these expectations get the better of us and demand for things that may not have been actually feasible.

If you could get to read various forums and Facebook discussions regarding Hulkbuster... At its size some people are demanding that HT makes it die-cast. If HT does so even those who asked for it would curse HT for the high price. Reminds me of people who complained about The Bat being in 1/12, but won't they be the first to bash HT (and SSC) for its SRP and the horrific shipping fees if it were 1/6? :lol

:exactly: sometimes the expectations are valid and sometimes they're outlandish. Just what I always wanted... a $1400 DC Hulkbuster that can accommodate a full MK 43 :lol

Back