1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As in, prequel trilogy? Sorry, I'm more accustomed to PT as the abbreviation.

Wasn't the very first DVD release (2001-ish) sans Christensen? His Ep III look wasn't finalised at that point.

The only other "NT" bit I can think of is the brief Coruscant scene, and that's pretty harmless (in fact it was more EU than NT when the SE first came out).

I heard this in regard to the divorce of his wife, that one of the reasons he made the special editions was for that reason that you stated, and so therefore he wouldn't have to pay her royalties since they were "new."

Yeah, I heard that too...I tought it was common knowledge.

I wish there was a way to watch the original SE's before lucas put all that NT crap in it. That would actually be acceptable almost.

With the original 1997 VHS boxset and a VCR?

Yeah, I heard that too...I tought it was common knowledge.

Film editors don't receive residuals (i.e. ongoing payments based on non-theatrical income,) so Marcia Lucas would not be due any royalties based on her work anyway. The Star Wars films were not made under any union jurisdiction anyway, so any back end payments - residuals/royalties type (which are paid to writers, actors, directors) - to people would have either been due to star contract leverage (Alec Guiness, and post ESB, HF) or the kindness of George's heart (most others.)

The Marcia Lucas rumor has been around forever - it's an old internet fave and usually starts with "a friend told me..."

The Marcia Lucas rumor has been around forever - it's an old internet fave and usually starts with "a friend told me..."

Yeah, I took this to be an interesting "story" not fact, a conspiracy theory for why George messed with the original movies. But regard to her being paid residuals, as far as the rumor goes, I understood this to be related to the fact that the money was earned from an income source made from the time they were married, and not because she was an editor on the film. So that it was part of the division of assets during divorce.

no i meant the 97' SE's before that "PT" crap was put in, and i meant dvd as well not vhs. It's not that important since i have my superior harmy SW but still that was the only way i knew SW growing up so since the 2004 additions ruined the SE versions i kinda wish i could have the 97' version on dvd somehow so i could have both options.

I guess if i wanted i could track down the vhs 97' and convert it onto some dvds, i dont how good the quality would be though :dunno

SE or OT? The only PT stuff in SE VHS is Naboo at the end of ROTJ.

I would guess all the PT-esque in quality and thought changes/additions 1997-2004 that makes the OT lose a considerable amount of it's original shine is included in that statement.

Lately fixed by the Harmy editions mentioned in the previous post so we will never have to touch the 2004 abomination again.

edit: Typing too slow.. :slap

I guess if i wanted i could track down the vhs 97' and convert it onto some dvds, i dont how good the quality would be though :dunno

Wasn't there a project transfering the SE Laserdiscs to DVD on originaltrilogy.com as well? I guess there were many different ideas at one time or another.

the biggest changes in the original 97' SE's were: the sarlac pitt, death star explosions, the end theme of ROTJ, wampa scene, biggs scene, jabba's band, dewbacks in the 1swt film, cantina scene was slightly different in 1st film, greedo scene. None of that stuff bothered me watching it as a kid cuz it gave the films something new about them which was cool. The 2004 changes just **** all over those good memories though. I got so tired of it i got the harmy SW and gave away my 2004 dvds :lol

the biggest changes in the original 97' SE's were: the sarlac pitt, death star explosions, the end theme of ROTJ, wampa scene, biggs scene, jabba's band, dewbacks in the 1swt film, cantina scene was slightly different in 1st film, greedo scene.

And Jabba. The cold blooded gangster that loves to have people walking on his tail.

These are the cover images i chose for my harmy SW by the way:

10572148_814237461930462_531641490377272279_o.jpg
10580864_814237458597129_3333071061991026937_o.jpg
10620412_814237535263788_5315266450895221102_o.jpg

So much unnecessary money spent when all the true fans want is a straight up release of the originals with the movie posters as covers. :slap

I especially like the ESB one, that's the only Star Wars poster I have on my walls.
I really would like to have this one too:

StarWars_B1_Seito_Japan-1-500x704.jpg
Picture stolen from filmonpaper.com

So much unnecessary money spent when all the true fans want is a straight up release of the originals with the movie posters as covers. :slap

I especially like the ESB one, that's the only Star Wars poster I have on my walls.
I really would like to have this one too:

View attachment 187378
Picture stolen from filmonpaper.com

i just noticed the Death star is upside down in that poster :lol

Back