1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it best to order this direct from Sideshow?

I'm pretty sure Sideshow gets them a little earlier than other places. There's also the exclusives you can get in the two-pack; however, those aren't exclusive just to Sideshow...just takes some searching around to see if there are any better deals closer to you or elsewhere on the web! Then it's up to you to decide.

Of course the hair line sitting too high is a major factor in ****ing with the likeness.

It's getting irritating seeing these 'I don't know.. something's off' posts all the time.

It's as plain as the nose on your face. :lol

I think its a good sculpt. Not a 10/10. 9/10 for me.

24m9oat.jpg

Interesting that Kojun sculpted this likeness and the New Hope Skywalker. I would've thought Ford would be the easier of the two to nail but unless HT hires Trevor this will be the best we're going to get.

What a combo - Trevor Grove sculpt and HT apps and finish.

Of course the hair line sitting too high is a major factor in ****ing with the likeness.

It's getting irritating seeing these 'I don't know.. something's off' posts all the time.

It's as plain as the nose on your face. :lol

It's more than the hairline. I still like it, but it IS a little off.

I think its a good sculpt. Not a 10/10. 9/10 for me.

24m9oat.jpg

That set of pics (Rebelscum I think) is by far the best set of this figure.

^^They just showed production pictures of Electro and he's listed as July - August on SS so hopefully production shots of Han and Chewie are soon. Worried about delays on the walking carpet.

Ehh.. maybe.. & maybe not.

What people aren't taking into account enough I think, is that human faces can change subtly from day to day, depending on multiple factors. One Ford close up will somewhat differ from another, & HT would be pushing **** up hill to replicate that.

Anyway, they seem to have an ongoing problem with his bottom lip. :lol

I think the neck being a bit too thick may also be throwing off the likeness. Give him a thinner neck and lower the hair and it would look much closer to what everyone is expecting. I think the likeness is good.

I've noticed something about Hot Toys sculpts recently. They seem to be perfectly symmetrical where most human faces are not. So a straight on shot of one of their sculpts would be the worst angle to show a good likeness. I think it throws people off when it doesn't match exactly to a screen shot because of any one or all of these factors.

Bottom line, I know where I'm spending my money.

Ehh.. maybe.. & maybe not.

What people aren't taking into account enough I think, is that human faces can change subtly from day to day, depending on multiple factors. One Ford close up will somewhat differ from another, & HT would be pushing **** up hill to replicate that.

Anyway, they seem to have an ongoing problem with his bottom lip. :lol

Unlike the Han portrait which looks like they didn't even attempt to sculpt Ford.

Accuracy is in the eye of the beholder.:lol

I'm going to go with "maybe."

I bet that above promo pic of Ford was pre filming too.

Before the dark times.. before the grueling cut throat schedule.

No wonder his face looks so rosy & full. :lol

2 more flexes left but soooooo hope next month we get them both chewie & han on time, so stoked 4 this release.:yess::impatient:

O.k seems both of you know something i dont instead of saying they both will be delayed or tell me what ever is going on. I know usually we see a unbox or a review a month ahead ,but its still too early to tell and i have not been following the thread frequently. So what ever i'm sure i'll find out eventualy whats with the stupid gif pic's. Sorry if i'm excited for han n chewie to get here and your both not or either know they will be delayed like hinting.

Last edited:
O.k seems both of you know something i dont instead of saying they both will be delayed or tell me what ever is going on. I know usually we see a unbox or a review a month ahead ,but its still too early to tell and i have not been following the thread frequently. So what ever i'm sure i'll find out eventualy whats with the stupid gif pic's. Sorry if i'm excited for han n chewie to get here and your both not or either know they will be delayed like hinting.

We are all excited to see the final product and nobody knows anything besides HT being famous for delays. They are just having fun with Hot Toys perfect reputation for not delivering on time :lol

Back