1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I almost bought sideshows 1/6 smuggler han just 2 days ago. Figured hot toys wouldn't be coming around with a 1/6 solo for couple years. It's still goin to be a wait but now I can save up and look at these pics until then ;)

I'm pumped because the news of these two happening alone is great but both have a good amount of room for improvement. I'm definitely getting them, but I also definitely recognize their shortcomings. As pumped as I am that they're finally happening, it's also pretty disappointing that they aren't 95% perfect. I mean come on... it's Han and friggin' Chewy!! Aside from the likeness they really should've included other iconic, necessary bits like others mentioned; Metal of Yavin, cuffs for Chewy, pointing finger for Han or even a alt. smirking Han sculpt.

As far as the comparison goes, I think that Trevor has the best handle on Ford's likeness to date, and it's just been mediocre paint jobs that let the sculpts down every time. I feel that this is a beautified sculpt like HT has done with other characters in the past like Gordon. I hate to say I do see where people are going with the Guttenberg, Travolta, Dennis Miller comments :lol. That's actually not really funny but pretty disappointing :(. The more I look at it, the less Ford I see, but it is 100% Han and the best set to date, so I'm in.

Yeah, what is this, the TTM-19 again? Oh, well.

Top may be but the hips are much wider than the 19. I think this is a modified TrueType that we haven't seen. Neck is a new sculpt too I think. Arms a slim too.

Other than the shortened torso, this looks to me to be the first body that HT has made that is close to a normal guy.

I may be wrong but I'd imagine that's the Banner body (19 & 21 hybrid)

Nope, it does not look like a Sideshow figure. Big difference in quality...at least when it comes to prototypes. Just look at the paint and the hair sculpt. This is why I wanted a Betlejuice figure from HT, not SS :gah:

But I agree that it could be better. It reminds me of Steve Guttenberg from Police Academy.

Comparing it to that SSC Han, HT is far closer to Ford's likeness.
I agree in some of the images it doesn't look quite right, but I think the sculpt is pretty good.

Holy **** dogs.
Looks boss.

I haven't bought a Star Wars toy in 20 years.

They really got Harrison in the late 70's down

Last edited:
Echoing what others have said, which is complete and utter giddiness from the announcement, but recognizing room for improvement on th sculpt

I only saw one photo that looked like Ford, the rest definitely shows flaws in the sculpt. Hopefully there will be a tweak here and there. This, as well as the announcment of future SW figures is hot toys most monumental release announcment yet in my eyes!

Isn't Howard Chen (?) like some kinda SW fanatic?...That being said, you'd think HT would go the extra mile to make sure each and every little detail is perfect on these SW figures...

And, that could also be a reason why these 2 are listed as coming out so fast...

I bet these were done a long time ago but the Disney acquisition put them on hold until now. Which would explain the huge wait from HT Bespin Luke to all of a sudden these guys being previewed and ready to ship in just a few months. For all we know they have ROTS Anakin in the bag but decided to skip to Chewie and Han due to their involvement in Ep VII.

Isn't Howard Chen (?) like some kinda SW fanatic?...That being said, you'd think HT would go the extra mile to make sure each and every little detail is perfect on these SW figures...

And, that could also be a reason why these 2 are listed as coming out so fast...

Howard Chan is a SW fanatic!! But you know what he loves more than SW? MONEY $$$! Why get it 100% right the first time, when you can do it the second or third time. :lol

It must have been some red tape hold up because they really could have been shown at SDCC if they're going to be released in 2Q15. I mean, they showed 2 Ripleys at SDCC and we haven't seen the official specs on those yet.

I think a lot of people forget how Harrison actually looked in the first film. His face changed a bit in ESB

Anyone knows what is the base of the figure stand about? I thought HT could have done better.

Looks great to me.
The SS one looks pretty goofy. Like an old rockabilly guy with a giant nose.

So the exclusive will be the blaster rifle with stormtrooper belt. I wonder how many exclusives will be made and how soon this pre order will go to waitlist.

Well I'm a little bummed I don't have the Bespin Luke now (since it's one of my favorite looks for him) but I am sure they will release a different version soon enough.

I wonder what Leia they will release first?

Why do HT sculptors keep using photo reference of Zach Snyder for any project involving Ford?
From the neck down very impressive though.

Well I'm a little bummed I don't have the Bespin Luke now (since it's one of my favorite looks for him) but I am sure they will release a different version soon enough.

I think they should focus on ANH versions first so that people can complete the set. I do want a ROTJ Luke to go with their Vader figure though...

Slave girl Leia lets all hope lol :)

Chewie looks almost spot on but Han needs more work. This is a very good Harrison Ford but still not great. Why is this guy so hard to make?

Back