1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stepping back and looking at Hot Toys' figure in general, they are certainly moving in a positive direction from where they used to be in my mind. '66 Batman, Robocop just released, and we've seen announcements for police shootout T-800, Marty McFly, Han Solo, and Chewbacca this year. Even though I'm not buying it, classic Optimus Prime as well. Good job, Hot Toys.
Yup. While I didnt buy it you can add The Crow to that list too. Its been pretty cool.

Well since the photoshopping has begun can you make his hair lighter and skin a tad darker? Just curious.

That's got to be a near record for breaking out the photoshop :lol

Are you telling me that Hoth Han isn't a better sculpt than this one? Here...........let me :lol back

This is what looks to be the best produced ANH Han yet and likely the best looking one until HT releases and ESB or ROTJ version. I am still optimistic that the Sideshow Hoth Han might eek out the best produced likeness, but that means they have to not **** up the paint or give him googly eyes... but that sculpt is also an incredible one:

sideshow_hoth_han_by_trevorgrove-d6ehov1.jpg

And for those who haven't seen the unpainted ANH sculpt... a bit blank, but I think he really captured a young Harrison Ford and is still the best one to my eye.

Sideshow_Han_Solo_portrait_by_trev_solo.jpg

No joke, asked my mother to look at this, and asked her, 'does that look like Harrison Ford?"

Her response. 'not really. More like his double.'

Objective, non SW nerd opinion.

One think to remember with HT, is their prototypes tend to have a abundance of detail and look a bit harsh... however that get's softened in production and tends to result in a better looking figure. I'd imagine once Han is released he'll actually look a bit better as all the pours and lines for his face will soften out a bit.

This is what looks to be the best produced ANH Han yet and likely the best looking one until HT releases and ESB or ROTJ version. I am still optimistic that the Sideshow Hoth Han might eek out the best produced likeness, but that means they have to not **** up the paint or give him googly eyes... but that sculpt is also an incredible one:

sideshow_hoth_han_by_trevorgrove-d6ehov1.jpg

And for those who haven't seen the unpainted ANH sculpt... a bit blank, but I think he really captured a young Harrison Ford and is still the best one to my eye.

Sideshow_Han_Solo_portrait_by_trev_solo.jpg

Agreed. Trevor can nail Harrison's likeness, it's the paint apps that fall flat.

No joke, asked my mother to look at this, and asked her, 'does that look like Harrison Ford?"

Her response. 'not really. More like his double.'

Objective, non SW nerd opinion.

Poor eyesight is genetic... so is insanity. :lol

;)

This figure could not be revealed at the best time. I was considering making my fourth T-800 purchase with BD T-800 Police Shoot Out. Once I saw the Chewie reveal I went and purchased the T-1 “road stand” on ebay for my Tech Noir and calling it a day. The $230 that was for T1 has now been put away for Chewie!!!!

It's a very stylised ford, HT tend to make everything symmetrical which can really throw a likeness. Look at the left and right sides of the HT sculpt (and hair) almost a mirror reflection of each other now look at the pic of Ford, completely asymmetrical, eyes, mouth, nose hair etc. Still I really like it as a Solo. :rock

This figure could not be revealed at the best time. I was considering making my fourth T-800 purchase with BD T-800 Police Shoot Out. Once I saw the Chewie reveal I went and purchased the T-1 “road stand” on ebay for my Tech Noir and calling it a day. The $230 that was for T1 has now been put away for Chewie!!!!
2617145-9674591564-disap.gif

Ok, we've gone from "its someone in cosplay!", now we're moving onto the " I showed it to ( enter persons name) and they had no idea who it was!" phase of the new figure reveal mania. :lol

I dunno i kind of like the sculpt its not prefect but han is there in my opinion.

Ok, we've gone from "its someone in cosplay!", now we're moving onto the " I showed it to ( enter persons name) and they had no idea who it was!" phase of the new figure reveal mania. :lol

I just showed it to Harrison Ford, he has no clue who it is! :slap :rotfl
Seriously, it's bought, I like it.

Vintij you're acting like a little sloot in here. If it was Sideshow (and seriously this looks like it could be a Sideshow figure, nothing about it screams hot toys), you'd be tearing it a new one!

It looks like what modern Sideshow is capable of achieving in 1/6 prototype form. There's nothing about this Han that's jumping out at me telling me it's Hot Toys. Not the likeness, not the body proportions. I don't think it's any better than Hoth Solo, which also looks jacked up.

Their upcoming Pilot Luke looks just as good, if not better. Other than the trademark scar and maybe the nose, I don't see Ford here. The eyes, lips and hair are weird. Ben Stiller or John Travolta? Nah. But that sort of "looks like this person" hyperbole is common place for portraits that are off. You've done it and I've done it too!

Nope, it does not look like a Sideshow figure. Big difference in quality...at least when it comes to prototypes. Just look at the paint and the hair sculpt. This is why I wanted a Betlejuice figure from HT, not SS :gah:

But I agree that it could be better. It reminds me of Steve Guttenberg from Police Academy.

Back