1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow Hoth Han may be promising, but like all SS figures that deal with any human likeness the production figure always goes down hill. I would love SS to be on par with HT but they arent and never will be. They simply can not compete at that level consistently.

Even the SDCC prototype has lazy eye. I dont forsee it being any better at release time. Shame really.

Nope, it does not look like a Sideshow figure. Big difference in quality...at least when it comes to prototypes. Just look at the paint and the hair sculpt. This is why I wanted a Betlejuice figure from HT, not SS :gah:

But I agree that it could be better. It reminds me of Steve Guttenberg from Police Academy.

Whatever your opinion is of this sculpt, it is still miles ahead of SS:lecture

The problem is I want a ht han. He paint work etc is always brilliant but I just can't get how the scuplt is so far off when they smash the avengers stuff

I'm hoping to get a HT Stormtrooper & Sandtroopers soon too. SS are little too much in the aftermarket for me right now. Especially since they're 4-5 years old now?

I think troopers or Anakin are next...from the looks of the trooper belt, they will make it ANH elite status. Screen accurate!

The problem is I want a ht han. He paint work etc is always brilliant but I just can't get how the scuplt is so far off when they smash the avengers stuff

I was in the same boat as you with HT's Indy. I held off for a good while after the figure was released but ended up caving and getting it, despite the bad likeness. But I'm ultimately glad I got it. While the sculpt is lacking (I still to this day don't like it), everything else is a big step up from the Sideshow version--from the clothing to the accessories to the finish.

That's how I'm looking at this one. I truly hope they fix the head sculpt (but I kinda don't think they will), but chances are I'll get him and Chewie anyway. I know the quality will be top notch, even though the one thing that truly counts is off.

:lol He looks like a Ken doll in SW cloths.
:lol :lol :lol

Yeah, nice. :)

Ok, we've gone from "its someone in cosplay!", now we're moving onto the " I showed it to ( enter persons name) and they had no idea who it was!" phase of the new figure reveal mania. :lol
Tell me about it. :monkey1

I just showed it to a cosplayer dressed as Solo, and they had no idea who it was.
Yep - 80% of the thread so far. :lol

Nope, it does not look like a Sideshow figure. Big difference in quality...at least when it comes to prototypes. Just look at the paint and the hair sculpt. This is why I wanted a Betlejuice figure from HT, not SS :gah:

Thanks for posting that TCPOC - says it all right there. :duff

Back