1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I heard Hot Toys got the SW license, I was thinking about which figures they would release first? I didn't buy the Anakin rumors. We'll see him down the line, but not first. I honestly thought a ANH Han should be first, w/ the Stormtrooper gear as an exclusive, then a Chewie. Third would be a ROTJ Fett. I'm very curious to see if I'll be 3 for 3...

If you convert the retail price listed on that site prior to the discount they're giving, that means $263.86 for Han and $295.85 for Chewie in USD. With that and Sideshow's price hike compared to Asian retail markets, this is going to be a very expensive set of figures for us U.S. residents.

Han = $229.99
Chewie = $269.99

Sideshow prices. My guess.

That sounds about right. Although I could see Sideshow start to creep it up a little bit since their own figures are now in the Hot Toys prices category.

Oddly, if correct the price for Chewie is less than I would have thought. I would have guess around $300 for him. Han looks like a $189-$199 figure but I guess those days are gone.

Oddly, if correct the price for Chewie is less than I would have thought. I would have guess around $300 for him. Han looks like a $189-$199 figure but I guess those days are gone.

They could correct for that by having Chewie closer to $300, and lowering Han to $209.99. Make the set $479.99.

When I heard Hot Toys got the SW license, I was thinking about which figures they would release first? I didn't buy the Anakin rumors. We'll see him down the line, but not first. I honestly thought a ANH Han should be first, w/ the Stormtrooper gear as an exclusive, then a Chewie. Third would be a ROTJ Fett. I'm very curious to see if I'll be 3 for 3...

I thought Sideshow just did a Boba Fett? I'm not sure if HT will be allowed to do armored characters since they are using Sideshows license?

That's too high.

Han = $229.99
Chewie = $269.99

Sideshow prices. My guess.

I agree with that line of thinking, but Sideshow always seems to have their prices a little higher than the Asian msrp. If what's crossed in Singapore dollars is the true MSRP, then I would expect the Sideshow price to be higher than that.

I agree with that line of thinking, but Sideshow always seems to have their prices a little higher than the Asian msrp. If what's crossed in Singapore dollars is the true MSRP, then I would expect the Sideshow price to be higher than that.

I didn't correct for the $20 coupon. Bump my numbers up $20. :)

I always cringe when I see talk on the prices. I know it happens, but I can't help thinking SS base their prices after seeing everyone say what they are willing to pay.
(So pssst, let's all say not more than $190 for Han and $230 for Chewie, delete all the other posts and see what happens! Right...? Right!)

I always cringe when I see talk on the prices. I know it happens, but I can't help thinking SS base their prices after seeing everyone say what they are willing to pay.
(So pssst, let's all say not more than $190 for Han and $230 for Chewie, delete all the other posts and see what happens! Right...? Right!)

I always feel that way too, but these prices were decided on long ago when they were deciding if they could pull this off with a good profit margin built in. Doubt tehy are watching our guesses and quickly reworking their price.

Of course, you never know. But ultimately, sales dictates prices.

I always feel that way too, but these prices were decided on long ago when they were deciding if they could pull this off with a good profit margin built in.

A Long Time Ago....in a Galaxy Far Far Away.

Back