1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pictures! This is really one of the best action figures ever. OG Han Solo... gunslinger, gambler, drinker of space booze, womanizer, Captain of the Millennium Falcon!!!

By the way -- how many drinks did Han have in the Cantina before flying out of Mos Eisley? Do you think he was FUI?

Held off on pics of Han, because, like Chewbacca, he's such a mystery. In hand, also like Chewbacca, he's stunning. But they're both difficult to photograph. Lighting is crucial. I tried playing with shadows and washing him out. I think these two pics do a decent job of displaying the fact that it's an excellent sculpt with excellent paint. One of the main problems with the likeness, in my opinion at least, is his hair color. It's simply too dark. I may attempt to mist a lighter brown over it. Not sure. Anyways, I'm over the moon with both figures. Many more pics to come.

DSC_0031.jpg

Yeah, this fig is a mystery - and yep, Chewy too. I love your professional quality pics and lighting (really, as good as Paramore's,) but don't see much Harrison Ford there, yet some pics do have a real young Harrison Ford vibe. Until I have this in-hand it really is a bit of a pendulum of liking and not liking - just like with Chewy.

Chewy is more extreme though - some pics are absolutely awful, while others are stellar, like a shrunken down real Chewy. Han never looks awful or stellar, more in the middle range of not great to pretty decent, maybe due to his somewhat blank expression. Though the outfit does always look pretty amazing.

I really had come to think there are lighter and darker batches of CHewy (and had been hoping mine would be lighter) but again - it's just the mystery of the Chewy fig that makes people think that. Twilight Zone figs.:dunno:lol

Great pictures! This is really one of the best action figures ever. OG Han Solo... gunslinger, gambler, drinker of space booze, womanizer, Captain of the Millennium Falcon!!!

Only if you'd spent years in a prison cell surrounded by dozens of Iron Man figures, and were then released.

What are the chances for getting a waitlist converted for this guy off SSC? First time testing trying it out. there are some variables to consider from what I've read on other threads but I'm not familiar.

If its more likely zero chance I'll have to go for regular version.

Anyone have any problems with Han, i.e. broken pegs, paint rubs, missing pieces, etc?

My lovely wife has gotten this for my birthday in December, so I wanted her to give it a thorough inspection before it goes into long term storage and I wanted to give her a few things to look for (in case she doesn't let me do the inspection myself)!

I'll have mine tomorrow and let you know.

There's enough TESB stuff from Sideshow this year I wonder if that's why HT isn't doing any figures. Maybe SS has claimed that turf.

What are the chances for getting a waitlist converted for this guy off SSC? First time testing trying it out. there are some variables to consider from what I've read on other threads but I'm not familiar.

If its more likely zero chance I'll have to go for regular version.

Pretty good, I jumped on the waitlist on Thursday (Oct 15) and got a conversion on Friday (Oct 16) lol.

I'm just debating if I should pay full for the ex (I'll never use the Stormtrooper belt or gun for Han) or wait for a $20 coupon and get the regular. I probably should have just got the two pack but I am not a fan of how they are packaged (looks ghetto IMO).

Pretty good, I jumped on the waitlist on Thursday (Oct 15) and got a conversion on Friday (Oct 16) lol.

I'm just debating if I should pay full for the ex (I'll never use the Stormtrooper belt or gun for Han) or wait for a $20 coupon and get the regular. I probably should have just got the two pack but I am not a fan of how they are packaged (looks ghetto IMO).

Cool! I'll go and order now. Thanks.

I almost went for the set but it'd be troublesome to sell if I only want to sell one. I don't need the gun since the 2 pack ST has that.

Yeah, $20 off for regular is a good deal I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know I got Han the other day... It's not an exact likeness of Ford( maybe 80-90%) but there is no doubt that it is Han Solo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These pics aren't the greatest quality, but I was playing with lighting and feel that I was able to pull the likeness out by getting his brow to cast a shadow on his eyes. Ford has a pretty heavy brow shadow in most of the ANH promo shots. I'm pretty happy with this result.
4480234d4684cb27aae329cd761560fa.jpg

597b332424d795bae43bbdeff06666a0.jpg

These pics aren't the greatest quality, but I was playing with lighting and feel that I was able to pull the likeness out by getting his brow to cast a shadow on his eyes. Ford has a pretty heavy brow shadow in most of the ANH promo shots. I'm pretty happy with this result.
4480234d4684cb27aae329cd761560fa.jpg

Nice work - that high-contrast top lighting is what sold me on the figure. It's a bit bland and the likeness less in flatter lighting but with my top Dioder lighting (similar to what you've done) it really pulls the HF likeness out.

Very nice Bmac! When you have a quality sculpt, lighting can be better than a full repaint in bringing it out. I had just come in here to add a few found shots that show the exact same thing...

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Pixel is about to come in and call all of these shots blurry and worthless, but is think they show that under the right display lighting, the likeness is awfully close to dead on.

Yeah, anything that casts some sharper shadow from above or side really helps bring out HF on this one. It really comes alive in harsher light - and gives it some expression which is so key for Han.

Definitely think some brown paint for the hair would help too. More Corsican pirate than space pirate with that jet-black 'do.:lol Anyone brave enough to give it a shot (ie. before me)?:pray:

Very nice Bmac! When you have a quality sculpt, lighting can be better than a full repaint in bringing it out. I had just come in here to add a few found shots that show the exact same thing...

View attachment 217891

Wow, awesome shot and lighting on that!

Definitely think some brown paint for the hair would help too. More Corsican pirate than space pirate with that jet-black 'do.:lol Anyone brave enough to give it a shot (ie. before me)?:pray:

Heck, I'm tempted to order one of these just so I can finally paint the dang hair! I've been dying to know what that would look like for weeks, but it seems no one is interested in trying it.

Yeah, anything that casts some sharper shadow from above or side really helps bring out HF on this one. It really comes alive in harsher light - and gives it some expression which is so key for Han.

Getting mine Tuesday, painting it Wed. Maybe Wed. night will have pics.

Back