1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel the same as you, I don’t get it, but maybe it is better in hand.

It’s a relief that it’s not just me. It’s weird and I’m not knocking the talent involved in sculpting but I also MUCH prefer the standard HT Luke HS too. I guess I’m easily pleased!

The HT Han is very underrated I think, and looks even better after lightening the hair. But I'd still give the edge to the Jnix sculpt, at least when it's painted really well by someone like ShortRound.

Or Mark Simpson, to name another exceptional talent. Here’s mine painted by Mark:

444DD369-818D-4F41-89BD-143F0C9199B9.jpeg

It’s a relief that it’s not just me. It’s weird and I’m not knocking the talent involved in sculpting but I also MUCH prefer the standard HT Luke HS too. I guess I’m easily pleased!

The standard HT Luke sculpt in lieu of the Jnix one? I'd agree there also, the eyes on the Jnix one are really sunken in. That's really its only flaw, but to me it's such an egregious one that it throws the entire sculpt off. The biggest flaw plaguing the HT Luke sculpt is the copper watermelon hair.

I think if HT sculpted the hair differently it probably would have made some difference. But the jnix version is the best

I was thinking the same thing - Perhaps I am blind, but their faces don't look that much different to me. Jnix's sculpt has a more neutral expression and *slightly* exaggerated features (medial cleft, "pouty" lower lip), at least based on the shadows created by the lighting in the above photo.

I was thinking the same thing - Perhaps I am blind, but their faces don't look that much different to me. Jnix's sculpt has a more neutral expression and *slightly* exaggerated features (medial cleft, "pouty" lower lip), at least based on the shadows created by the lighting in the above photo.

Yeah, the hair on the HT isn’t great, but the whole head is a bit elongated compared to the Jnix head, I prefer the rounder face of the Jnix. But the profile on the HT looks less like Ford to me too.

Back