1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel the same as you, I don’t get it, but maybe it is better in hand.

It is better in hand. Much better in fact. But price is a BIG factor. The painted head costs as much as the figure itself! So I’m not sure about the actual value but in person it is 100 times better than the stock HT head. That’s without question. I was even 2nd guessing my decision until I got it in hand.
1078fa630aa575a481d2bb5139cb4159.jpg

Am I the only one who prefers the Hot Toys HS to this one? Am I alone in the world?!

I'm in this camp as well. The Jnix by no means isn't bad, but I really don't see how it's just leaps and bounds better than the HT sculpt and how the HT sculpt is so bad. To me, the Jnix sculpt looks like Han maybe 5-10 years after RotJ.

Of course this is just basing the Jnix one solely on pictures compared to how the HT one looks both in pictures and in hand.

Am I the only one who prefers the Hot Toys HS to this one? Am I alone in the world?!

Nope, youre not alone. Personally I dont understand the fuss. Sure it may look better in hand but to me the paint application doesnt look anywhere near as good as ht.

But each to their own.

It is better in hand. Much better in fact. But price is a BIG factor. The painted head costs as much as the figure itself! So I’m not sure about the actual value but in person it is 100 times better than the stock HT head. That’s without question. I was even 2nd guessing my decision until I got it in hand.
1078fa630aa575a481d2bb5139cb4159.jpg

I’m definitly not hating on it by any means and like you say I might love it in person but I think the HT sculpt looks pretty good to me. I think it’s something about the paint is what throws it off for me. The jinx Han is way better than the Luke jinx from the pics I’ve seen I can definitely say that. Wow, had no idea the head alone cost as much as the fig.

How much is the HT Han sculpt going for these days?

Mine was replaced by the Jnix sculpt some time ago and is languishing in a spare parts box somewhere. May be tempted in selling it.

I’m definitly not hating on it by any means and like you say I might love it in person but I think the HT sculpt looks pretty good to me. I think it’s something about the paint is what throws it off for me. The jinx Han is way better than the Luke jinx from the pics I’ve seen I can definitely say that. Wow, had no idea the head alone cost as much as the fig.

Ya painted anyhow it was just under $200 I believe. 2nd hand prices I’m sure are higher. It’s the gloss thats probably throwing u off. It did it for me. In pictures it still shows up. Not there in person. In person it’s a really nice representation of Ford as Solo.

The HT head sculpt is very good. Good enough that u don’t need to upgrade but be careful. The more u compare these two the more you will hope they do another run. Or that’s what got me. 🤪

Just in general as far as HT head sculpts go I’ve been happy with all of the OT sculpts to this point. The only one that has let me down a bit was the Emperor but to be honest even if it doesn’t get any better between now and release I will still buy it. Just keepin it real! Haha

Holy Sheet. Did you win the auction for the $400+ dollar head from a week ago? Man this Jinix head appreciated well if so. Not that it shouldn't, its Han Solo perfection.

I had the funds...but more importantly, I had the desire. I really wanted the duo together in the best likeness to my eye:

6F11E106-9571-4650-A7FF-D4884B17134D.jpeg

I'm in this camp as well. The Jnix by no means isn't bad, but I really don't see how it's just leaps and bounds better than the HT sculpt and how the HT sculpt is so bad. To me, the Jnix sculpt looks like Han maybe 5-10 years after RotJ.

Of course this is just basing the Jnix one solely on pictures compared to how the HT one looks both in pictures and in hand.

For me, it’s not that the HT is bad, it looks great at certain angles. It’s just in my opinion the JNIX captures Ford the best in that era.

HT in its awesomeness
5C24FAAB-DC43-47D3-8B7E-9FE5B4BCF9C8.jpeg

7B90D057-6C9F-4A18-98E5-7357AEFB6DDD.jpeg

E1D30359-36A6-4D63-9BC4-0286D7FD3A82.jpg

The JNIX sculpt looks More human, more like a still.

By the way, does anyone know the best pieces to use to connect this to a Smuggler figure neck?

I had the funds...but more importantly, I had the desire. I really wanted the duo together in the best likeness to my eye:

View attachment 379861

For me, it’s not that the HT is bad, it looks great at certain angles. It’s just in my opinion the JNIX captures Ford the best in that era.

HT in its awesomeness
View attachment 379866

View attachment 379864

View attachment 379865

The JNIX sculpt looks More human, more like a still.

I concur it looks more "human" being that the paint apps look sharper in that comparison image, but he just looks slightly too old to me. Roughly 5-10 years post RotJ.

If it were Brosnan James Bond as an analogy, the HT Han sculpt would be the Golden Eye era equivalent and the Jnix how he looked by Die Another Day.

By the way, does anyone know the best pieces to use to connect this to a Smuggler figure neck?

I have mine just plopped on to the smuggler body, with the peg on there. Sits pretty securely. Another option is to get a onesixthkit adapter to put on the peg, but then shaved down to where it gives more stability.

The HT Han is very underrated I think, and looks even better after lightening the hair. But I'd still give the edge to the Jnix sculpt, at least when it's painted really well by someone like ShortRound.

I have mine just plopped on to the smuggler body, with the peg on there. Sits pretty securely. Another option is to get a onesixthkit adapter to put on the peg, but then shaved down to where it gives more stability.

Thank you. I did really like your pictures, didn't give credit to you after stealing them...but i thought for sure you had him plugged in there. I tried buying one of those neck plugs on ebay, but not a fit with the HT peg.

Back