1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You gotta remember too. It was the 70s, where those weird ugly pastel-like colors were in.

Also, the color of the shirt shifts throughout the movie, sometimes even within the same scene. These caps are from Harmy's DeSpecialized 2.5, which I think is the most correct version out there.

BqnigAR.jpg

kdsVQQV.jpg

7Nwy31B.jpg

QEhSsDg.jpg

AyTm7fj.jpg

In this sequence, it looks like it's three different colors

iyaiPfS.jpg

Here it looks just a bit saturated

2cra2cs.jpg

Even more saturated

NNJtahC.jpg

Now, it's reverted to almost no saturation, almost just as white as Leia's dress.

t6EGH4C.jpg

UEiN97u.jpg

And here, it looks tan, not cream

Overall though, I think the color should be based on the Death Star scene version. We know the Tatooine scenes are going to have a warmer tint, so even in the Death Star scenes, where it's a cooler tint, it's still very creamy, it looks like the color of Alfredo sauce.

I'm watching the despecialized version right now and that's all definitely right. Hot Toys needs to correct yet another thing.

On a side note, I can't wait for them to make Princess Leia.

- Keaton Batman's belt color
- Robocop's pearlescent hues
- Han Solo's Star Wars shirt color
- Han Solo's ESB Hoth coat color
- Zod's tunic color
- Joker's socks
- Joker's inside coat lining
- Terminator's pants

I do not know what you guys are talking about. His shirt is definitely red. Hot Toys really messed this one up.

View attachment 136393

Looking at this shot, I always wondered why Harrison had short hair in his screen tests originally and of course his hair was longer when they started filming. Was it Luca's idea to change it longer or did they take longer to start filming since his screen tests, in turn his grew in that time.

I think it was a good move either way because I don't think the shorter hair would've worked.

- Keaton Batman's belt color
- Robocop's pearlescent hues
- Han Solo's Star Wars shirt color
- Han Solo's ESB Hoth coat color
- Zod's tunic color
- Joker's socks
- Joker's inside coat lining
- Terminator's pants
Ahh, the days of the Joker socks and coat lining. :lol
Yeah I agree the shirt should probably be a bit more of a cream color, although to me it's still a very minor issue compared to the likeness.
Im just dumping the shirt in some tea and falling it a day.

I think someone did that once.....

Looking at this shot, I always wondered why Harrison had short hair in his screen tests originally and of course his hair was longer when they started filming. Was it Luca's idea to change it longer or did they take longer to start filming since his screen tests, in turn his grew in that time.

I think it was a good move either way because I don't think the shorter hair would've worked.

Those aren't screen tests shots of him with short hair. Those are post-1977 promotional shots that appeared after the film was done shooting. They're from the same assortment as this,

1345598281_Episode_4_Luke_Skywalker_1.jpg

Notice Mark Hamill's face is ****ed up.

Here it's fine,

Luke-skywalker_starwars.png

Same with Han,

First shooting batch of promo pics,

hansolo_detail_zps84c5a8d5.png

Second,

han_solo_outfit.jpg

Arnie Kim didn't sculpt the final Reeve head. His work was revised by Yulli. And he will forever be held responsible for ****ing up what should have been a Grail. THE reason why I still don't have DX05 to this day.

Oh wow, really? Thanks I didn't know this. So the original promo shots are the Kim sculpt, the final one is the revised Yulli one? Wow, that lifted the Reeve figure into being something special. I hope something similar happens here.

Ah now I see, thanks for clearing that up. I wonder if Ford took those after shots while filming Raiders since it takes the a couple of years to make a huge film, hence his really short hair.

Luke-skywalker_starwars.png

Same with Han,

First shooting batch of promo pics,

hansolo_detail_zps84c5a8d5.png

Second,

han_solo_outfit.jpg
[/QUOTE]

What exactly happened to Hammill? I know it was a car accident, but was his jaw broken or something?

Have you ever seen Corvette Summer, it was a huge accident, I think the car exploded or something but he got out before.

That accident changed his career IMO. After ANH, Mark was in huge demand by Hollywood just on his looks alone, but after his nose got reconstructed, he lost his pretty boy looks and Hollywood gave up on him other than Lucas

The shirt is not ****ing yellow you guys!!!! :lol

Swedisheat pretty much explained it - although I resent his comments about anything remotely perceived as ugly, coming from the 70s. :tap :lol

To me, the shirt ain't yellow or white.

It's like a light French vanilla.

Yeah, to me, Han in Star Wars always had an off white, cream colored shirt, hence the changes.

Thanks. I also changed the boots so they'd be more like the Reeve Superman and Keaton Batman boots. That soft, pliable plastic. I hate that baggy, cheap faux leather look they have going on.

Oh, and I made the hand smaller and the arms/forearms less thick.

View attachment 136364

The face is more ruthless, sure, but I'd rather have a stern Han Solo that looks like Harrison Ford that has his features than a Han Solo that doesn't resemble the actor at all and has a goofy, featureless expression, symmetrical features and dead, lifeless eyes. The lips they did only have a hint of a "fun" demeanor anyway. It looks just like their weird smirking expression that they did for DX 12 Batman.

If the final product looked like my shopped revision, it's not like we couldn't get a less stern expression with other Han Solo versions (like Stormtrooper disguise). The key here is actually looking like Harrision Ford.

View attachment 136365View attachment 136366

I guess I need to get my eyes checked. Thanks for blowing that up, I can see what everyone else sees now :)

Back