Hot Toys- MMS 67 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (Original Costume) full spec+pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to even refer to him as the Penguin. In the cartoons, he ran a nightclub something like that could be done using something that looked like this:

DetectiveComics824b.jpg

Instead of the deformed version. Where fans could recognize him but not really have him be featured. The Umbrella wouldn't even need to be seen as a weapon just something held.

After the Scarecrow, Ra's, 2 Face and the Joker, it will be hard to introduce a better villain for the 3rd film.

Two Face is the villain for the 3rd. He is introduced in this film but not used until the 3rd. Any additional villains at this point would be cameos because Nolan has said he is out after the next one and if the franchise continues it'd be under a new director and therefore maybe under a whole new direction.

It'll never happen, but with Nolan departing, I'd like to see the 3rd installment give some sort of story closure, leave it open like there'll always be a need for Batman, but close things like things are pretty good for now and let any future films star new people and be a whole new take on the character. I'm all for more Batman movies, but I'd like Nolan's work to be completed so to speak and let the new ones feel like a new series entirely. I remember when Schumacher took over after Burton and thinking he ruined what Burton started because the time between movies was so minimal, it felt like a single series that got ruined. I'd rather the Nolan Batman Trilogy stand as a great entry in history of live action Batman and let something new be independent and not "ruin" or change Nolan's series. Also, as much as I love Nolan's cast, I'd like to see post-Nolan Batman films have a new cast to aid in separating the series.

The thing it'd have to be like when a new creative team takes over a book and a different storyline maybe even different look but still maintain continuity to the first. WB will never allow for another origin story to begin to they'll have to be a direct tie to these but hopefully its a tie that makes sense and doesn't bastardize Nolan's work.

whoaa whoa whoa, when did nolan say he ISN'T doing the 3rd?

i was under the impression that he wants to tackle each movie and make THAT movie as complete as can be. he doesn't think about sequels.

has he actually come out and said "i will NOT be returning for a 3rd?"

He IS coming back for a third but that's it. He has directly said "After the third, I'm moving on". He has no interest in helming this franchise past a third film. While Bale has said "As long as they want me I'll keep doing it, I'll be Batman for the rest of my career" at one point.

It makes sense for Nolan to move on, I think he's got a lot of skill as a director and should put his talents to other films. I really like Insomina and The Prestige, I'd love to see more of what he's capable of.

As far as a new creative team taking over, I think at this point, the backstory has been covered enough between the 90s films and Begins that audiences don't need it, but a new team could drop a few hints of an implied past for Batman while dealing with him in a present and not being tied to the Nolan trilogy.

He IS coming back for a third but that's it. He has directly said "After the third, I'm moving on". He has no interest in helming this franchise past a third film. While Bale has said "As long as they want me I'll keep doing it, I'll be Batman for the rest of my career" at one point.

Yeah, Bale will be back if they want him, and I think he has similar sentiments toward the Justice League flick:
"It's like I was saying to Chris [Nolan] -- I'll be probably doing this in dinner theater somewhere in my 50s, so I won't knock it. Because who knows where I'll end up?"

I don't know if the movies will be as good if they don't tag team them. Bale has been an amazing Batman, but I think it has to do with Nolan's direction of the new films as well.

Just like Daniel Craig is now my favorite Bond. But he is being directed as an amazing Bond as well. I think that if they find another director up to Nolan's caliber, then I'll be fine with the movies continuing to come out. But I can see this going downhill if it gets drawn out for to long. Of course there are a ton of stories to pursue in the Batman storyline, so I guess we'll see.....

It'll never happen, but with Nolan departing, I'd like to see the 3rd installment give some sort of story closure, leave it open like there'll always be a need for Batman, but close things like things are pretty good for now and let any future films star new people and be a whole new take on the character. I'm all for more Batman movies, but I'd like Nolan's work to be completed so to speak and let the new ones feel like a new series entirely. I remember when Schumacher took over after Burton and thinking he ruined what Burton started because the time between movies was so minimal, it felt like a single series that got ruined. I'd rather the Nolan Batman Trilogy stand as a great entry in history of live action Batman and let something new be independent and not "ruin" or change Nolan's series. Also, as much as I love Nolan's cast, I'd like to see post-Nolan Batman films have a new cast to aid in separating the series.

Totally agree.

Hopefully things don't go down hill after this trilogy and someone who respects the mythos comes in.

Bale as Bond....now people are taking in loonacies. Bale is great as Batman but can't hold Craig's jockstrap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back