Hot Toys- MMS 67 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (Original Costume) full spec+pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of style I love my Tak Bats, but for accuracy this new HT blows every other piece out of the water.

I can't wait to get this - prefer it over the HT TDK Bats at the moment too.

Hey, I'm not ripping it necessarily - I'm just not sure what to think - those proto shots are incredible, but then you have shots where he looks weird and some look awful, like these:
https://www.eddiewong.net/2008/06/22/...man-and-joker/

And the neck is immobile which is a big minus. And I actually think he looks a bit tubby in the film too! That's why I like Takara's, it's more sleek.

But I'm really liking the HT face shots - at least some of them.

What I might do is pick this one up so I can see it in hand, and then if it's better or worse than Takara, I'll sell one or the other.

Yup, don't know why the newbs have been coming out recently to rip lots of product coming out.

But that headsculpt/cowl is dead on. It does put TakBats to shame.

the neck cowl wouldn't move anyway would it ?.

I don't know - does it move in the film? Either way, it's hard to imagine being a ninja when you can't even move your neck! And that limits the poseability, which for me is a big thing. Actually, my one complaint about the Takara batman was that the neck mobility was too limited, though you can move it from side to side fully, but up and down is only about 15 degrees either way.

It also looks like the boot ankles are immobile, which is weird because the Superman boot ankles move.

Hey, I'm not ripping it necessarily - I'm just not sure what to think - those proto shots are incredible, but then you have shots where he looks weird and some look awful, like these:
https://www.eddiewong.net/2008/06/22/...man-and-joker/
Anyone can take some bad angled photos.

And the neck is immobile which is a big minus. And I actually think he looks a bit tubby in the film too! That's why I like Takara's, it's more sleek.

:confused::confused: It is exactly the same thing on the film suit. The cowl was one piece. The figure has the same exact movement the movie suit would have.

You just need to buy the TakBats and leave :lol

I have the Takara one already! My thing with the HT batman is that I almost want to buy it because the head and human face look so good in the proto shots at least, but I can't tell if that's just the protos, and I'm iffy on the body. Therefore I'm just throwing these criticisms out to hear what other people have to say.

So far, most people here are all about the HT with a few detractors, and on mediworld which is where I usually hang out, it's more 50-50

Dude, have you actually seen BB? There is a scene in the Batcave with Rachel when Bale removes the Cowl, it is clearly one piece. You can also see it being cast and "sewn" in the Special Features DVD.

This HT Figure is about as dead on as it can be.

No, it doesn't move in BB, which is a partial reason why TDK has a new suit for some of it - freedom of movement.

Example scene - when Bats defeats Ra's Al Ghul's guards before Ra's boards the train. Bats falls of a big drop and citizens hopped up on fear toxin our gathering. Bats literally has to turn his full body around to see everyone - not just his head/neck.

Dude, have you actually seen BB? There is a scene in the Batcave with Rachel when Bale removes the Cowl, it is one piece.

Of course it's one piece in the film, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's immobile. Could be stretchable rubber etc. Does he ever tilt his head in the film? I don't remember, saw it last year.

I know that Takara made it two pieces just to get the motion - less accurate but more poseable.

HT is going for film accuracy.

But now I'm curious - does he ever swivel his head at all in the movie?

No, it doesn't move in BB, which is a partial reason why TDK has a new suit for some of it - freedom of movement.

Example scene - when Bats defeats Ra's Al Ghul's guards before Ra's boards the train. Bats falls of a big drop and citizens hopped up on fear toxin our gathering. Bats literally has to turn his full body around to see everyone - not just his head/neck.

Ah - well there you go. I guess it's a testament to the filmmakers that they managed to pull that off without making Batman look stiff.

I'm not sure how to judge the BB version, but one thing's for sure, the TDK version by hot toys looks gawd awful. The medi one looks amazing. I'm not a fan of that costume either way so I won't be getting either.

There is nothing further to discuss. The HT figure is acurate in looks and function to the movie suit. That is all that matters to me, period. Bad shots by a photographer, figures by Medicom or Takara or the ill first attemp by HT doesn't matter. This figure is dead on.

https://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5860

That article a year ago had the first pic of the new suit and also a small interview with the costume designer. I believe that answers everything...

newbatmansuit.jpg

All previous suits had a one-piece cowl

There is nothing further to discuss. The HT figure is acurate in looks and function to the movie suit. That is all that matters to me, period. Bad shots by a photographer, figures by Medicom or Takara or the ill first attemp by HT doesn't matter. This figure is dead on.

There is nothing further for YOU to discuss since you're all knowing and all seeing. Therfore don't participate in the discussion with rude yawning remarks. If that's all that matters to you then great - go read a different thread and keep insulting remarks to yourself.

Meanwhile, in the real world, everyone knows that prototypes always look great - look at the BB Medicom prototype shots, those were amazing, and the figure was way less impressive.

The only actual figure shots of the new HT batman are confusing - some look cool, some look bad. It's really hard to tell because none of the photographs are high quality. I'm questioning whether to buy this thing or not, and I'm voicing my issues here to get feedback and I'm getting it.

Perfectly legitimate questions.

https://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5860

That article a year ago had the first pic of the new suit and also a small interview with the costume designer. I believe that answers everything...

newbatmansuit.jpg

All previous suits had a one-piece cowl

Ha - that makes sense. I can't believe they got away with making all those Batman movies looking good with a totally immobile head! That must have been incredibly frustrating for the director and actor in terms of fighting scenes!

Do you guys like the new suit though? Not the figure version, but the actual movie suit design.

Makes him look like a really hard bastard...there's chain mail in there too so it adds more to the 'Knight' in the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back