Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_3030.jpeg

Yes the new logo is more accurate in shape, size, has the correct satin / gloss finish, the logo font has been corrected as well.

Not related to the figure but all the promotional Batman 89 photos I've seen, Batman looks goofy as hell. The lighting of the movie being all moody and dark and then these bright promotional photos make him look silly lmao
1000051016.jpg

This one is my favourite. He looks cross eyed almost lol.

Not related to the figure but all the promotional Batman 89 photos I've seen, Batman looks goofy as hell. The lighting of the movie being all moody and dark and then these bright promotional photos make him look silly lmao
View attachment 717982

Yeah he looks awkward when his exposed face are fully directly lit with no shadow play. Is this why Burton didn't like this suit? :ROFLMAO:

FovbIzyaQAIZ8am.jpg

batman-lg.jpg

Thanks đź‘Ť surprised there's so little difference between the standard and deluxe price, though postage might bump the deluxe one up.
Timcent. He had the deluxe up for 100 hkd cheaper than the regular but the catch was:
postage for the deluxe was ÂŁ126 compared with ÂŁ27 for the regular.
Said the reason was the box was as big as the qs001.
Even if it was that’s a stealth charge

All those photos (except maybe the 1st) are low angle making the emblem more oval.

Need some photos of the bat-emblem straight on to really judge, but looks like Matrix has already down those.

Here's a good straight on shot from vspectra above...

batman-lg.jpg

Timcent. He had the deluxe up for 100 hkd cheaper than the regular but the catch was:
postage for the deluxe was ÂŁ126 compared with ÂŁ27 for the regular.
Said the reason was the box was as big as the qs001.
Even if it was that’s a stealth charge
Yeah, when I said **** it and ordered the regular off TBA (en route as we speak) I tried the deluxe first and shipping was insane-o.

In my entire history of 1/6 I've never displayed a diorama base so I figured no need to shell out that much for something I'll never display. It's a good looking base but ... nah.

View attachment 717982
batman-batman-smile.gif

I honestly think the people that are bad mouthing this 2.0 are the ones that already have the DX09 and are mad it’s now devalued due to the rerelease OR the people that are salty for paying resell before the 2.0 was announced.
While I wouldn't discount that there's an element of that for some people, for the most part I'd chalk it up to the 2.0 having some flaws and lacking in improvements that could have been made.

I used to own the DX09 and while it's fantastic, if I had to choose between these two now, I'd accept the flaws and go with the 2.0 for updated paint and no giant trapdoor on the back of the head or fragile, unusable PERS mechanism.

It's not what it should have been, but barring a major letdown in-hand, I'm fine with it.

Back