Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was it an issue on the DX09 as well? When i bought mine a couple years ago the line launcher never had the spring so i assumed it just fell off, didn't really bother me.
Not sure, but seeing how HT tends to not improve things, it might actually be worse in this edition haha

My day one pre order of my deluxe with sideshow has been on preparing to ship for a week & they took payment a week ago too but it still hadn’t moved to shipped.
So I live chatted with them about it, I was told “as I pre ordered it’s in a shipping queue, as they sort through the pre orders it takes longer to get to shipping them” ********.
Then when I questioned why payment was taken a week ago, when it wasn’t goin to ship they said they take payment 5/10 days before shipping.
They’ve stated it’s 1/2 days they take payment before shipping previously. They ignored that part and just asked if I had anymore questions!
3hours later and Iv got notice it’s shipped.
Just a quick reminder why sideshow absolutely suck!!!
& I’m not even talking about the £75 customs charge for it.
Sideshow need to lose the hot toys license

Last edited:
457235432_1202105000990296_6389238805399617446_n.jpg
456587599_1202105027656960_6631512454741831312_n.jpg

Mine’s still been sitting in the facility since Monday 30 min from me and they don’t want to deliver it until tomorrow. I’m so pissed, always happens when I’m anxious about a figure.

I took a picture of Unreal's sculpt and overlayed it with a promotional screenshot from the movie. I then modified Unreal's sculpt to align with the screen grab for the most part (without getting too ridiculous with micro tweaks). What you get is pretty close to pixel accurate alignment with the movie screenshot.

The main changes are:
-adding thickness to the rubber around the exposed chin and making the exposed area slightly wider
-Changing the shape around the bottom of the nose/upper part of the exposed mouth area
-lowered the entire top half of the cowl (eyes included)

I don't understand why he hasn't done these changes himself, especially the one about lowering the top half of the cowl lower. When putting it all into photoshop and lowering the opacity its clear as day what changes need to be made, and they aren't that extreme. He must have access to the same images I do. I know these digital sculpting programs allow you to import screen grabs so you can essentially "trace" over them to some extent. Maybe if we get more people telling him to use these references we can get a more accurate sculpt. These aren't huge changes but greatly help the likeness.

Here is a screen grab and an animated gif to comparing the changes.

View attachment 721179View attachment 721182
The problem with using online photo ref is that 9 times out of 10 you will not know the focal length/lens info, so what you see on screen will look different in hand. ZBrush does have camera/ focal length options but most of the time a sculptor will be using between a 30-35mm FOV.
That shot of Keaton looks like it was using quite a flat FOV, making his head look more square than it is in most other ’89 shots. It's almost an orthographic shot.

I actually think the slightly open mouth plate is the worst of the three. Will keep the neutral one only and switch with the smiling BD one.
The only instance that goofy faceplate may possibly work is if we posed Batman holding the batmobile remote to his mouth as though he's talking into it. Which is probably never.

The only instance that goofy faceplate may possibly work is if we posed Batman holding the batmobile remote to his mouth as though he's talking into it. Which is probably never.
If you could achieve the Pose, it not only works to cover the faceplate, but also the oatmeal suit , and the supposedly wrong color belt. :lol
91qbne.gif

You could also pose him in the box with the lid on, that works too.

Last edited:
Back