Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still see more Returns in this cowl/sculpt…🤔
Interesting. I always saw the 89 cowl made of a more flimsy thinner softer rubber. Thats why it contracts and expands depending on Keaton's expression in the mouth and eye area, however its also more form fitting to his head and the neck area leans in a curveed shape.

Whereas the Retuns cowl i feel is more symetrically shaped with a thicker material, so it doesn't flex or change shape as much like the 89 does. Has more sharp well defined features. Also the sides of the cowl from ear to neck is a straight line and not curved, and last difference is there is a V shape near the throat area.

Or i can just look at the chest emblem and call it a day hahaha. I'm no artist, can't draw to save my life, and don't spend hours looking at every detail. Just my impression.

Last edited:
Anyone think sanding/buffing the texture out of the 2.0 body would be possible?
Don't know how the material would react; would it get gummy? Retain the fragments of the grit, however fine? If it's got a porous interior would you reveal more pits and divots? Is it too thin for that, will it tear as a result?

I wouldn't try it, personally.

Interesting. I always saw the 89 cowl made of a more flimsy thinner softer rubber. Thats why it contracts and expands depending on Keaton's expression in the mouth and eye area, however its also more form fitting to his head and the neck area leans in a curveed shape.
Yeah the 89 cowl is goofier and rougher but it gives it all its charm.
The 1/4 Neca completely nailed it IMO.
IMG_5699.jpeg

Yeah the 89 cowl is goofier and rougher but it gives it all its charm.
The 1/4 Neca completely nailed it IMO.
View attachment 723902

NECA's mask also has issues. It's too narrow in some places and I had to heat it up to adjust the ears a bit. Having said that, it didn't matter to me simply because face and mask were sculpted separately which made the figure appear so much more authentic than any other Keaton statue or figure I've owned. I don't think you can achieve that result with face plate sculpts. Unfortunately, the body they used kinda threw me off.

That Unreal sculpt is looking sexy as hell. Definitely leaves 2.0 in the dust. Lips are looking so much better now. Something about the eye colour though. Could it be too dark maybe? I'd love to see more images of this sculpt from a distance. I don't have IG. Are there more photos on there? Also, anyone know what pricing will be like for this?

That Unreal sculpt is looking sexy as hell. Definitely leaves 2.0 in the dust. Lips are looking so much better now. Something about the eye colour though. Could it be too dark maybe? I'd love to see more images of this sculpt from a distance. I don't have IG. Are there more photos on there? Also, anyone know what pricing will be like for this?
Hope you like parting with a lot of money, because it's 300+ hehe

I bet the second you get a notification for this thread, you salivate at trash talking this sculpt. I honestly do not think you know the custom side of this hobby.
Lmao relax. I made 1 silly comment on the price. Was just letting them know it's expensive. I couldn't care less what it costs

Back