Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joker lights up!

AWESOME!!!!

I just found this note from Hot Toys:

We apologize for our mistake, the stand does not light up for this figure. There is instead, similarly to iron man, a LED light inside the joker, making him light up.
attachment.php

The stand that makes the most sense to me is the burning pile of cash scene. His make-up was the same as Mob scene and the fire gives purpose to an led display.

Between that and the poseable eyes, I'd have a field day. Even though it wasn't in the movie, I'd replicate that shot where he's looking at the burning pile and his eyes just look out to the side from the trailer.

I just wish I could have the PERS head, I'll wait 10 months for the rest, I just want that head now, the creative freedom it'll offer me has my gears spinning like crazy.

Same here, everything else although repetative is essentially the same thing.

The stand that makes the most sense to me is the burning pile of cash scene. His make-up was the same as Mob scene and the fire gives purpose to an led display.

At this point the stand leaves me truly intrigued, this is a very cool idea though.

Damn, I just thought of something. I need a HT True Type body.

That's exactly what I was thinking! I guessed it would look similar to the custom base Elvis1976 made for his Punisher:

IMG_0801.jpg

Except instead of the money being bloody it would be burned with orange LED's scattered across to simulate fire etc.

The only thing I would absolutely be disgusted with is if it were something REALLY gawdy like a marquee theatre sign with Heath Ledgers name or something gay like that in LED's. :sick

I'm not sure a burning effect could be achieved well with LEDs, maybe fiber optics. This mystery stand is probably the least exciting thing for me due to my refusal of displaying figures with their stands.

I'm not sure a burning effect could be achieved well with LEDs, maybe fiber optics. This mystery stand is probably the least exciting thing for me due to my refusal of displaying figures with their stands.

hahaha.. I would do that too if I could. I use them out of neccessity. I actually hate stands. :(

I wish Hot Toys was giving us the shotgun rather than the pistol and knife. I know it isn't scene specific to the figure, but neither was the machine gun that came with bank robber.

I'm undecided about the coat. In the promo shots, its looks great, the one where all the accessories are out, and the head on the plastic cube, THAT is perfect, coat wise, but the promo shots for the original V1 coat looked nice and light purplish too. Not so much light purple, but just that turning pink hint in it. I'm worried its just whatever type of filter/photography setup they have or use after seeing that newer pic, it does indeed look a near black with a hint of purple, instead of a lighter purple with a hint of pinky color.
And i still think the makeup is too neat, it looks more like perfected mime paint than the powdery/chalky war paint look it's supposed to have. I'm definately going to tweak mine, with a teeny tiny bit of rub through over it, if they dont change it

gloves too indeed look too black. Again with the v1, promo shots had that real nice rubbery purple hit to them, and release figure was much darker, same deal here, promo shots look great, that dioramma setup few pages back, not so great

Last edited:
shotgun for joker...
the top one in this one is screen accurate if you saw off the end and the top front...
USF0008-DD080-2.jpg

see..
SawnoffShotgun2.jpg

batman's grenade launcher...just paint it silver...
GC0033-2T.jpg

Damn you HOT TOYS! I just got myself a MKIII Iron Man, and a Sideshow Snake Eyes, and now there's this !? Now I see why I've left 1/6 scale collecting once before; and this is only the beginning what with the new MMS DX line and all.
Goodbye financial security......:crying

man i wish they wouldnt do this. bad enough i bought both jokers. now i have to ebay them back to buy this one. :(

Back