Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes.

20090401050947386.jpg.jpg

Sorry if I wasn't clear. From this picture, I think the coat must have a wire. I don't see how the coat would stay open like that otherwise. If the coat were subject to gravity alone, it would hang freely ... not stay open as if blown by a fan.

SnakeDoc

I just found this note from Hot Toys:

We apologize for our mistake, the stand does not light up for this figure. There is instead, similarly to iron man, a LED light inside the joker, making him light up.
attachment.php

P.S. April Fools!:D
P.P.S. If anyone actually fell for this, bang your head against a wall 50 times...or live with the shame.

Last edited:
Sorry if I wasn't clear. From this picture, I think the coat must have a wire. I don't see how the coat would stay open like that otherwise. If the coat were subject to gravity alone, it would hang freely ... not stay open as if blown by a fan.

SnakeDoc

It just looks like his left hand is holding the coat open to me.

IF there is a wire, it brings pluses and minuses: easier to pose but also a biyatch to get those wires straightened out once you tweak them.

We apologize for our mistake, the stand does not light up for this figure. There is instead, similarly to iron man, a LCD light inside the joker, making him light up.
attachment.php

P.P.S. If anyone actually fell for this, bang your head against a wall 50 times...or live with the shame.

:rotfl:rotfl:lol:lol

The LED stand would be sweet if it was like burning rubble or money. Otherwise it just seems like a strange idea.

Not sure why or how they'd do it, but if they made to be useful for the TDK line and not just Joker, LED Batsignal :rock

We apologize for our mistake, the stand does not light up for this figure. There is instead, similarly to iron man, a LED light inside the joker, making him light up.
attachment.php

:lol joker is powering up

Yep, coat looks really good to me. I doubt I'll pick one up but you never know. I like the dusty distressed look and cut of it a lot.

From a construction stand point, I'm really excited, I'm just nervous about the purple shade. It'd be nice to have a coat where I don't have to work hard to see the purple in it.

From a construction stand point, I'm really excited, I'm just nervous about the purple shade. It'd be nice to have a coat where I don't have to work hard to see the purple in it.

I think the color is fine. I saw the thing in person and it wasn't a deep purple, more of a muted purple. I think HT did their homework on the fabric, look and cut. Unfortunately they didn't follow up on the correct lining. Or the socks, or the suspenders. BTW, I saw the shoes too and they were pretty distressed as well.

I think the color is fine. I saw the thing in person and it wasn't a deep purple, more of a muted purple. I think HT did their homework on the fabric, look and cut. Unfortunately they didn't follow up on the correct lining. Or the socks, or the suspenders. BTW, I saw the shoes too and they were pretty distressed as well.

Well as long as it's purple like the proto shots that'll be fine by me. My v1 didn't turn out well so I'm crossing fingers on the second time around.

My only issue is that the collar sits right this time around. My bigger excitement now is seeing this stand! Very curious.

I just wish I could have the PERS head, I'll wait 10 months for the rest, I just want that head now, the creative freedom it'll offer me has my gears spinning like crazy.

oh boy....what a surprise to come home to after a long day of work............working to pay off the other 2 jokers and god knows what else... :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Back