Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, some great pics in there.

Then again, now I see how Hot Toys "paints" their figures. All they do is use scans with computers that are printed on.

I noticed this on a few releases in hand, in person.

look closely at the white face paint in those pics, looks like HT are transfering the paint now, you can see the dot matrix breakup in those macro shots.

edit: Fab beat me to it.

Yep. completely agree. Looks much better there. I'm still not really impressed though, don't know why.Bane was a surprise for me in a good way, this not so much. :dunno

I have a feeling you'll be pleasently surprised when you get this in hand just like when you got Bane. Just not as surprised b/c most expected less of Bane but a lot from this.

I'm happy with what I see though. I see very little to no difference in the coat, just a matter of futzing. I think the paint work also looks very nice. Just might add a bit more "grease"'to the hair and make some suspenders

Holy crap you guys are right, there's obvious dithering in the paint application in those Elijah close ups. Not hand painted, at least, in the traditional sense.

Not bad at all. Definitely agree that the coat will look a lot better when it is properly futzed and posed.

The main sculpt still doesn't impress me though. Maybe I'll change my mind when I have it in-hand.

Looks like the other backdrop that seemed to be a mystery is the inside of the bank, with the bus crashed through the wall. Bit disappointing actually. Was hoping for maybe a street backdrop. Oh well. Figure does looks great in some of these pics, others not so much. Guess I'll find out when I get in in hand. Till then will reserve judgement. Do love the look of the scars though, particularly on the laughing sculpt.

If youre talking about Elljay's pics, no that's just photoshop of the back seen. If you look at the next 2 pics he put the street behind Joker

No that's just photoshop. If you look at the next 2 pics he put the street behind Joker

Ahh, I see. I did wonder at first if it was just something he put together but as it was in a couple of pics I assumed that was the other backdrop. So is the street photoshopped too?

This picture looks so wrong :lol

8362595935_c32462692b_b.jpg

Is it odd to say that I like bare hands more than anything else in this set?

:lol

Though, I do find myself liking obscure things in this set that AREN'T the figure itself.

Love:

- Potato Peeler

- New foldable knife

- two shoe blades

- Table (that hole in there for the pencil is genius)

- Grey sports undercoat (great tailoring there)

- realistically painted hands

- detonator and box, looks like real brown paper

- laughing head is alright I guess

- better colored gloves

- orange lining, finally!

Not sure about:

- regular headsculpt

Hate:

- purple coat, definitely (looks cheap)

- scanned face paint printing (also cheap, no more hand painted I guess)

- shoes look horrible, like pizza dough shoulda been sculpted plastic

- price tag, awful price

:lol

Though, I do find myself liking obscure things in this set that AREN'T the figure itself.

Love:

- Potato Peeler

- New foldable knife

- two shoe blades

- Table (that hole in there for the pencil is genius)

- Grey sports undercoat (great tailoring there)

- realistically painted hands

- detonator and box, looks like real brown paper

- laughing head is alright I guess

- better colored gloves

- orange lining, finally!

Not sure about:

- regular headsculpt

Hate:

- purple coat, definitely (looks cheap)

- scanned face paint printing (also cheap, no more hand painted I guess)

- shoes look horrible, like pizza dough shoulda been sculpted plastic

- price tag, awful price

I agree with every point.
:hi5:

I have a feeling you'll be pleasently surprised when you get this in hand just like when you got Bane. Just not as surprised b/c most expected less of Bane but a lot from this.

I'm happy with what I see though. I see very little to no difference in the coat, just a matter of futzing. I think the paint work also looks very nice. Just might add a bit more "grease"'to the hair and make some suspenders
Hopefully mate. I think futzing will make a lot of difference. Not sure about the heads though. I liked pretty much all the pre-release pics of bane. But fingers crossed with this one too. I'm 100% picking it up.

Back