Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So does anyone know when anything is coming out? Bane and Joker moved to March along with SS Obi Wan, Black Widow, and Thor. But with the recent pics and video I was thinking Bane and Joker would be here in 3-4 weeks. Whats the deal?

So does anyone know when anything is coming out? Bane and Joker moved to March along with SS Obi Wan, Black Widow, and Thor. But with the recent pics and video I was thinking Bane and Joker would be here in 3-4 weeks. Whats the deal?

They are already out, Go on ebay and there are tons from sellers in China ready to ship out. Thor, Black Widow are released next month I think.

I probably could, I just don't have the spare cash to drop on the entire set. If I hadn't sold my Batman, I wouldn't have been able to get the sculpt.

Yeah I hear ya. Tbh i'm also getting tired of the constant need to upgrade and the process of listing stuff for sale.

The fact that HT is making Bat-signal and armory dioramas for the Nolan trilogy makes me wonder if we won't see a more substantial "Interrogation room" set-up at some point in an official capacity.

Of course we will. Anything previously made custom will be made officially with this particular franchise. Likewise Iron Man.

If you are in HK you could get this already, looks great (pics not mine).

"Ah... The good cop bad cop routine...?"

IMG_9377_zpsb08c7d26.jpg

"You see? I'm not a monster... I'm just ahead of the curve"

IMG_9379_zpsce750b68.jpg

"Oh, look at you go!"

IMG_9382_zps39d499ee.jpg

"You have nothing... nothing to threaten me with... nothing to do with all your strength..."

IMG_9383_zpsdf9ed8d9.jpg

"I want my phone call, I want it..."

IMG_9384_zps5337b5d1.jpg

The material/fabric does look similar to the DX 11 :lol
:goodpost:

The coat is wool. It does have texture. Just not as much as the DX11 has in it's scale. If you have a 1:1 coat made out of the DX11 fabric, it would probably not be nearly textured enough.

In 1/6, it's probably better to just err to the side of simply not trying to recreate the wool texture.

If you are in HK you could get this already, looks great (pics not mine).

"Ah... The good cop bad cop routine...?"

IMG_9377_zpsb08c7d26.jpg

"You see? I'm not a monster... I'm just ahead of the curve"

IMG_9379_zpsce750b68.jpg

"Oh, look at you go!"

IMG_9382_zps39d499ee.jpg

"You have nothing... nothing to threaten me with... nothing to do with all your strength..."

IMG_9383_zpsdf9ed8d9.jpg

"I want my phone call, I want it..."

IMG_9384_zps5337b5d1.jpg

EXCELLENT pics! :rock

Wishing this week away. :panic:

The coat is wool. It does have texture. Just not as much as the DX11 has in it's scale. If you have a 1:1 coat made out of the DX11 fabric, it would probably not be nearly textured enough.

In 1/6, it's probably better to just err to the side of simply not trying to recreate the wool texture.

Yeah, the DX11 coat does look very..."furry" in some of the photos, but who knows, maybe it will look good in hand :pray:
Why would Kato choose that particular fabric if it doesn't look good in 1/6 scale? :slap

Yeah, the DX11 coat does look very..."furry" in some of the photos, but who knows, maybe it will look good in hand :pray:
Why would Kato choose that particular fabric if it doesn't look good in 1/6 scale? :slap

Yeah Im going to trust in Kato. I dont own any of his stuff, but Ive seen his work in photos and seems like everybody that has owned his work are more than satisfied with the product, so Im going to wait it out before I decide to alter my DX01 coat.

My guess is there were probably factors at work on the manufacturing side of things. What we see in the prototype doesn't always translate to the finished mass produced product. Most of these figures are made in Chinese factories, so in most cases HT gets it right since they're literally speaking the same language (well, people in Hong Kong speak cantonese, while mainlanders speak mandarin, but still...). As for why they seemed to have chosen such a different fabric from the DX01, who knows? Perhaps the source for the original fabric is no longer available or cost effective. Just my guess.

Back