Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess SS had been punished back again till April. :(

this is actually good news for me, I'm already getting Bane and Black Widow this month, 3 figures would have really put me over, although I can see how it would be frustrating for people who only have the DX11 on preorder

Announcing licenses and leaving it hanging for over a year, half assing or short cutting in the designing of figures and then not taking any customer critiquing into consideration, pointless delays, time and time again dropping the ball in mass production, endless quality control problems, and a practically non-exsistant customer service.

Just to name a few issues I have with them.

This is my biggest problem with them. It often feels like they don't care about the people that put them at the top of the 1/6 world.

Strange how they have enough time to make loads of Banes and ship them out early, but now have a delay about 5 or 6 months long from the supposed original release of the DX11

Why did this figures shipping get knocked up to $18.07? When most of HT are only a $10 flat fee?

So you guys who got the email regarding the 20th that's just for your final flex payment yeah? There's no actual word yet on when he'll start shipping?

Why did this figures shipping get knocked up to $18.07? When most of HT are only a $10 flat fee?

For which? The EX or regular version? The regular was free. I've never seen the $10 flat other than the newer figures like Coulson, BD Terminator, GI Joes, etc. I was expecting to pay $16-18 for shipping on the Ex. I've been paying a lot in shipping on most pieces that don't offer free shipping. Then again I'm on the east coast.

For which? The EX or regular version? The regular was free. I've never seen the $10 flat other than the newer figures like Coulson, BD Terminator, GI Joes, etc. I was expecting to pay $16-18 for shipping on the Ex. I've been paying a lot in shipping on most pieces that don't offer free shipping. Then again I'm on the east coast.

Typically, I get charge $16-$18 for a HT shipment from SSC and I'm in California. :monkey1

Ive been collecting toys for 14 years and Hot Toys for 5....Im tired and bored of it, and Im ready to start spending my money somewhere else. Im not getting rid of anything and Im sure Ill get an occasional NECA figure, but Im definitely done with HT. Im beginning to really hate them and their business model. Theyve really just dropped the ball.

I've been collecting for 14 years as well. I'm definitely not getting rid of anything but I'm officially retiring from this hobby once my joker and catwoman arrive. I'll finish up some customs from time to time.

I'm just wish this flippin figure would ship already! Very annoyed with the early april fools joke. Just take my money and ship him already pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.............

I've been collecting for 14 years as well. I'm definitely not getting rid of anything but I'm officially retiring from this hobby once my joker and catwoman arrive. I'll finish up some customs from time to time.

Wow a few people are now saying they are retiring from this hobby. Who is next? :lol

I'll be honest. I'm not retiring anytime soon. Sure, I'll get pissed at HT when they make more ****ing IRON MAN, but, at the end of the day, when I finally see solicits for Arkham City, or West Batman, or Man of Steel, or etc., etc., etc. I'll be as excited as I ever was (providing they haven't ****ed up anything aesthetically with said figures). My main problem isn't with any of those things, but the sheer amount of stuff hitting. HT and SSC are putting out a ****load of stuff, so, honestly, and I know this is selfish, but I hope they do **** some of these figures up (believe me when I say that I never thought I'd pass on the DX 12, but, after seeing the final product, it was much easier than I thought:lol).

That being said, I hope that they don't **** up Arkham City or MoS. 66 Batman; I'm not sure. It's arguably one of my most anticipated lines, but the sheer volume of product that will be riding in with it will undoubtedly leave me penniless and alone.:lol

I don't know when Joker will ship but yeah SS stills says March for the regular so it would be the same or sooner in the month for the exclusive I'd think.

And I agree with some of the people on here, I haven't been in this hobby long and already it's a rich man's game. Even with flex pay. I already canceled Catwoman for simple picking and choosing reasons. If she would have came out when she was suppose to I could have got her but the last vehicle I will buy from Hot Toys, the 89' Batmobile, is slated for May which I believe is around her new release date. When standard figures are now over $200 and DX's are closer to $300 that's just too much for the common man collector. I have Joker, Bane, and the 89 Batmobile on pre-order, but there are a few Avengers (not the whole line), and maybe some of the future DC releases pending price at that time they release that I want to get. Such as the Batsignal, Armory, Arkham line, and Superman from Man of Steel. But again that depends on the price. By the time that those items are released prices may go up and be out of my range, but like many I have to pick and choose for my collection.

Wow a few people are now saying they are retiring from this hobby. Who is next? :lol

I feel like I have already retired because there is nothing in HT's current offerings that interest me. My last figure DX t-800 my next Batman Returns. You can see I will be retired for sometime.

No I am too addicted, I spend money on this stuff and miss out on other stuff that I actually need. I mean sure if I was rich I would keep buying this stuff but I am not and I have to sell old stuff on ebay in order to afford new stuff.

I've literally just started collecting high-end figs and I know that I'll have to be very disciplined in my spending habits. I'm compelled to ONLY buy figures of great interest to me. If I'm even remotely on the fence about one, I will not buy it for any large sum of money.

And I agree with some of the people on here, I haven't been in this hobby long and already it's a rich man's game.

Yeah sure is, it is even worse for people that buy the handmade figures by talented artist like Serang and Rainman as they are between $800 and $1000. People that buy those customs must be rich as well as the Kato outfits. I can't believe I bought a Joker Kato outfit for close to 1 k, what the hell was I thinking since I am not rich. :cuckoo:

Even with flex pay. When standard figures are now over $200 and DX's are closer to $300 that's just too much for the common man collector..

I think Hot Toys are just up themselves now. I remember the days when the figures were between were around $130 at most $150. I think in comic stores the first Joker was $130 something like that.

I think Hot Toys are just up themselves now. I remember the days when the figures were between were around $130 at most $150. I think in comic stores the first Joker was $130 something like that.[/QUOTE said:
"Back in the days" HT's figures would have not caught my eye like they do today (even if they were $130). They were still doll looking to me. Today they look "High End" (if that makes sense)

Back