Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's crazy that this keeps getting pushed out. I wonder what the issue is? I'm kind of ok with it since the masked man comes soon at least. All these delays just give me more time to put money aside. I just bought the IM Suit Up Gantry and those were 'Joker funds' so now I have plenty of time to replace them. :)

My only guess is SS had a ton of orders for this.

While it might not be "worth it" per se (this stuff is way too expensive now), having a display/set up of the TDK Batman stuff from the Nolanverse, and the '89 Batman stuff from the Burtonverse, and the team of the Avengers, AND the friggin' Batmobile will be pretty damn impressive.

Especially that Batmobile. I keep looking at the spot that I plan to display it in and I know what I'm imagining is underestimating what we'll be getting. I've said it again and again, but the day that comes in will be one hell of an event. Those lights, those machine guns, those gadgets. It'll be a good day.

I've pre-ordered the '89 Batmobile as well and I think it will be absolutely incredible. What are the gadgets that come with it? I've seen the machine gun pics and the shields - anything else?

I've pre-ordered the '89 Batmobile as well and I think it will be absolutely incredible. What are the gadgets that come with it? I've seen the machine gun pics and the shields - anything else?

Hot-Toys-1989-Batmobile-Prototype-002_1332416503.jpg

Hot-Toys-1989-Batmobile-Prototype-007_1332416503.jpg

Also comes with those shin breakers.

What about full pre-orders? I guess, considering that we got an email about Mr. Bane yesterday, that full paid PO's are still waiting to be taken care of too.

Why is it people could buy these in Hong Kong back in mid-January but SS won't have them until sometime maybe in late March or April (maybe)?

Why is it people could buy these in Hong Kong back in mid-January but SS won't have them until sometime maybe in late March or April (maybe)?

Their whole schedule is out of whack. I'd say the whole "CHINESE NEW YEAR" thing is the cause, but I don't think that's the case at all.

It's just messed up, worse than usual. Sideshow will probably get this guy in April, and even then, it'll probably be a 1st batch thing where it doesn't hit hard until the Summer.

I'm starting to wonder if it has something to do with the Kato suits somehow. Or maybe just overall demand. It does seem strange though. It would be nice if HT would at least address it on Facebook or something.

Their whole schedule is out of whack. I'd say the whole "CHINESE NEW YEAR" thing is the cause, but I don't think that's the case at all.

It's just messed up, worse than usual. Sideshow will probably get this guy in April, and even then, it'll probably be a 1st batch thing where it doesn't hit hard until the Summer.

Basically a year since I paid for the darn thing.

Arkham City was announced a year ago and Batman Returns was well over a year ago. I highly doubt we'll see anything from 66 anytime soon.

I don't know. It seems nichey, but you have to remember what HT's goal has been, as of late: to make money. When I think of this hobby, I think that a large portion of those who collect are financially stable males. Of those, I'd think a sizeable chunk are middle aged males who grew up with the show. On top of that, I'm somewhat sure (but don't quote me on this) that the show made a pretty big splash in Japan. If I'm right with my speculations, that's a license that will pander to two core markets on each side of the hemisphere, not to mention the large number of Batman fans in Central Asia. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw that stuff before Arkham City or Returns for those reasons (well, I would be surprised, but pardon the expression:lol).

Hot-Toys-1989-Batmobile-Prototype-002_1332416503.jpg

Hot-Toys-1989-Batmobile-Prototype-007_1332416503.jpg

Also comes with those shin breakers.

Gawd almighty, she will be mine. I was watching Returns last night (the influence of DiFabio is felt greatly throughout the land!), and I got so excited for this thing when I saw him nail those thugs with the discs/shinbreakers.

While it might not be "worth it" per se (this stuff is way too expensive now), having a display/set up of the TDK Batman stuff from the Nolanverse, and the '89 Batman stuff from the Burtonverse, and the team of the Avengers, AND the friggin' Batmobile will be pretty damn impressive.

Especially that Batmobile. I keep looking at the spot that I plan to display it in and I know what I'm imagining is underestimating what we'll be getting. I've said it again and again, but the day that comes in will be one hell of an event. Those lights, those machine guns, those gadgets. It'll be a good day.

It will definitely look awesome, especially if I can display them right it will be worth it to me, but it wasn't my original intent. It just kinda happened lol but that's whay the 89' Batmobile will be my last vehicle for sure. $ and space. Now don't hold me to it because if they make the Arkham Batmobile or Ecto -1 I may have to sell a kidney :lol but I can't wait for the 89' Batmobile to arrive. Heck I can't wait to see teaser pics of the box!

No its not sarcasm, I truly believe I am idiot for paying that much, no outfit is worth that IMO!:slap

I love the quality of the suits, they are second to none. My thought though is that could have bought like 3-4 figures which is why I could never do it. People are lucky if they have one. I'd love one if I could afford it.

I kind of agree with you. My focus has stayed on getting the Nolan Batman figures and that's all I truly care about. As long as I get most of the main characters from those three films finished up I'll be happy and will likely back off on collecting a bit. As much as the figures are awesome they just can be too much at times so I'm limiting myself to a franchise I really love and want to collect.

I might still get a figure here and there but really this hobby is a bit too easy to get out of control with and as much as there are a bunch of figures I'd love to have I'm really trying to restrain myself. I've done pretty good so far, the only figure that's outside of my Nolan collection at the moment is the DX13 Battle Damaged T-800 which is on pre-order.

You can for sure get carried away, that's what's happening to me it seems. If Hot Toys could release like 1 figure from a franchise a month and stick with that I would be alright, but they release a couple in a month just a few weeks apart. Joker, Bane, Thor, Black Widow, etc. There is no recovery time. Otherwise I would have pre-ordered all the Avengers and a few things from Sideshow.

Heres some food for thought.... Iron Man 3 is coming out this spring. Everyone knows HT lovvvvvvvves to suck that teet dry and they always make sure to get those figures out. With all the past lisences they havent delivered on, I guaruntee theyre gonna push them back even farther to make sure they pocket that IM3 money.

I really hope that IM3 is the last in a trilogy. Tony can die of alcohol poisoning in Avengers 2 for all I care (seriously, if they're going to replace RDJ, I'd rather they just call it quits:lol).

Back