Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah sure is, it is even worse for people that buy the handmade figures by talented artist like Serang and Rainman as they are between $800 and $1000. People that buy those customs must be rich as well as the Kato outfits. I can't believe I bought a Joker Kato outfit for close to 1 k, what the hell was I thinking since I am not rich. :cuckoo:

I think Hot Toys are just up themselves now. I remember the days when the figures were between were around $130 at most $150. I think in comic stores the first Joker was $130 something like that.

I can't decide if I got into this hobby at a good time or bad. I started last summer and I have to say the good is definitely the quality/realism and the shot at reissues of figures like Joker, Batman and the Batpod (though I know many vets to this hobby didnt like that.) But certainly the downside for newer collectors is the big price tags. Then again, some of us haven't known any differently until seeing what some of these used to cost.

I'll be honest. I'm not retiring anytime soon. Sure, I'll get pissed at HT when they make more ****ing IRON MAN, but, at the end of the day, when I finally see solicits for Arkham City, or West Batman, or Man of Steel, or etc., etc., etc. I'll be as excited as I ever was (providing they haven't ****ed up anything aesthetically with said figures). My main problem isn't with any of those things, but the sheer amount of stuff hitting. HT and SSC are putting out a ****load of stuff, so, honestly, and I know this is selfish, but I hope they do **** some of these figures up (believe me when I say that I never thought I'd pass on the DX 12, but, after seeing the final product, it was much easier than I thought:lol).

That being said, I hope that they don't **** up Arkham City or MoS. 66 Batman; I'm not sure. It's arguably one of my most anticipated lines, but the sheer volume of product that will be riding in with it will undoubtedly leave me penniless and alone.:lol

Arkham City was announced a year ago and Batman Returns was well over a year ago. I highly doubt we'll see anything from 66 anytime soon.

But certainly the downside for newer collectors is the big price tags. Then again, some of us haven't known any differently until seeing what some of these used to cost.

That's what I've learned looking for the Medicom Dark Knight 1/6 fig. Especially when I saw that BBTS used to have it for $112.:(

"Back in the days" HT's figures would have not caught my eye like they do today (even if they were $130). They were still doll looking to me. Today they look "High End" (if that makes sense)

Yeah it does make sense but IMO success Hot Toys has gone to their heads. Their figures are not worth the prices they charge now IMO. Then scalpers charge insane amounts like $700-$800 a figure when they become rare because the figure already started off at $300 in the beginning.

Arkham City was announced a year ago and Batman Returns was well over a year ago. I highly doubt we'll see anything from 66 anytime soon.

Honestly, I am starting to lose hope for Returns. Which sucks, because I did not order the DX08 Keaton because I prefer the Returns suit. :pray::pray::pray: They do not cancel this line.

Then scalpers charge insane amounts like $700-$800 a figure when they become rare because the figure already started off at $300 in the beginning.

Exactly.

This is a problem in most forms of toy collecting these days, but it gets especially inflated by the original high price tag of most 1/6 collectibles.

And I used to think that $30-$40 for a scalped Transformer was bad. haha

I'm sure at some point I'll find a decent price on that Medicom DK in my travels. Especially with the DX 12 and DX 11 being the new hotness.

Yeah sure is, it is even worse for people that buy the handmade figures by talented artist like Serang and Rainman as they are between $800 and $1000. People that buy those customs must be rich as well as the Kato outfits. I can't believe I bought a Joker Kato outfit for close to 1 k, what the hell was I thinking since I am not rich. :cuckoo:

I think Hot Toys are just up themselves now. I remember the days when the figures were between were around $130 at most $150. I think in comic stores the first Joker was $130 something like that.

Not sure if that's sarcasm or not. Hard to interpret over the internet :lol but it's true. For most people that is a lot of money and the bad part is it's an addicting hobby. I originally passed on the 89' batman stuff and was only going to get the Nolanverse and quit Now I have both 89's and I'm waiting on the 89' Batmobile which is insanely expensive. And I had no intentions of getting any of the Avengers but now that they have pushed some of them back I figured what the hell. And so on and so forth. If they were still the prices of $130 or so I'd be in heaven lol

Not sure if that's sarcasm or not. Hard to interpret over the internet :lol but it's true. For most people that is a lot of money and the bad part is it's an addicting hobby. I originally passed on the 89' batman stuff and was only going to get the Nolanverse and quit Now I have both 89's and I'm waiting on the 89' Batmobile which is insanely expensive. And I had no intentions of getting any of the Avengers but now that they have pushed some of them back I figured what the hell. And so on and so forth. If they were still the prices of $130 or so I'd be in heaven lol

While it might not be "worth it" per se (this stuff is way too expensive now), having a display/set up of the TDK Batman stuff from the Nolanverse, and the '89 Batman stuff from the Burtonverse, and the team of the Avengers, AND the friggin' Batmobile will be pretty damn impressive.

Especially that Batmobile. I keep looking at the spot that I plan to display it in and I know what I'm imagining is underestimating what we'll be getting. I've said it again and again, but the day that comes in will be one hell of an event. Those lights, those machine guns, those gadgets. It'll be a good day.

I've never known a piss take with a figure like this one, I dont blame Sideshow I blame Hot Toys for releasing such limited stock back in January in the first place :mad:

While it might not be "worth it" per se (this stuff is way too expensive now), having a display/set up of the TDK Batman stuff from the Nolanverse, and the '89 Batman stuff from the Burtonverse, and the team of the Avengers, AND the friggin' Batmobile will be pretty damn impressive.

Especially that Batmobile. I keep looking at the spot that I plan to display it in and I know what I'm imagining is underestimating what we'll be getting. I've said it again and again, but the day that comes in will be one hell of an event. Those lights, those machine guns, those gadgets. It'll be a good day.

How are you planning on displaying that beast? I am trying to gather ideas before it gets here. I am thinking of having a case built to hold it and a figure.

Not sure if that's sarcasm or not.

No its not sarcasm, I truly believe I am idiot for paying that much, no outfit is worth that IMO!:slap

I have no space for the Batmobile so I am not getting it. :(

However, I would love to have it, with all those gadgets that come with it like you said.

I don't know when Joker will ship but yeah SS stills says March for the regular so it would be the same or sooner in the month for the exclusive I'd think.

And I agree with some of the people on here, I haven't been in this hobby long and already it's a rich man's game. Even with flex pay. I already canceled Catwoman for simple picking and choosing reasons. If she would have came out when she was suppose to I could have got her but the last vehicle I will buy from Hot Toys, the 89' Batmobile, is slated for May which I believe is around her new release date. When standard figures are now over $200 and DX's are closer to $300 that's just too much for the common man collector. I have Joker, Bane, and the 89 Batmobile on pre-order, but there are a few Avengers (not the whole line), and maybe some of the future DC releases pending price at that time they release that I want to get. Such as the Batsignal, Armory, Arkham line, and Superman from Man of Steel. But again that depends on the price. By the time that those items are released prices may go up and be out of my range, but like many I have to pick and choose for my collection.
I kind of agree with you. My focus has stayed on getting the Nolan Batman figures and that's all I truly care about. As long as I get most of the main characters from those three films finished up I'll be happy and will likely back off on collecting a bit. As much as the figures are awesome they just can be too much at times so I'm limiting myself to a franchise I really love and want to collect.

I might still get a figure here and there but really this hobby is a bit too easy to get out of control with and as much as there are a bunch of figures I'd love to have I'm really trying to restrain myself. I've done pretty good so far, the only figure that's outside of my Nolan collection at the moment is the DX13 Battle Damaged T-800 which is on pre-order.

Wow...The Dx11 has been pushed back to April? What is going on? Lol.

It's crazy that this keeps getting pushed out. I wonder what the issue is? I'm kind of ok with it since the masked man comes soon at least. All these delays just give me more time to put money aside. I just bought the IM Suit Up Gantry and those were 'Joker funds' so now I have plenty of time to replace them. :)

It's crazy that this keeps getting pushed out. I wonder what the issue is? I'm kind of ok with it since the masked man comes soon at least. All these delays just give me more time to put money aside. I just bought the IM Suit Up Gantry and those were 'Joker funds' so now I have plenty of time to replace them. :)

I already have Bane so I won't be getting any figures soon since they've all been pushed back :gah:

here i thought bane would be one of my last figures ~ but looks like he will be shipping next week.

c'mon clown, get out of the box already.

: D

Back