Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being a fairly new collector, this stuff is all new for me. The first seven figures I got this year came right away. Now, I have been waiting for my DX 12 that I have paid in full for almost a month ago ( who is sitting in a customs warehouse somewhere ). DX 11 I have on Flex with my last payment being early April. I thought I would pay that last payment, and get the figure. I guess I was spoiled in the beginning.

I really hope that IM3 is the last in a trilogy. Tony can die of alcohol poisoning in Avengers 2 for all I care (seriously, if they're going to replace RDJ, I'd rather they just call it quits:lol).

Might be out of the loop. Are talking about replacing RDJ. That would be a joke.

Well, the dude's 47 already. They said that, once he decides he doesn't want to do it anymore, they're just going to James Bond it. "It's only a matter of time, I suppose." Each movie takes 2-3 years to complete. He'll be 50 or 51 when Avengers 2 hits, and probably 60 by the time we get to phase 3 or 4's Avengers. That being said, it seems like 50 is the new 40, nowadays.

Being a fairly new collector, this stuff is all new for me. The first seven figures I got this year came right away. Now, I have been waiting for my DX 12 that I have paid in full for almost a month ago ( who is sitting in a customs warehouse somewhere ). DX 11 I have on Flex with my last payment being early April. I thought I would pay that last payment, and get the figure. I guess I was spoiled in the beginning.

My case is worst, my two first HT are DX11 and DX12. I have no one of them yet. I´m resigned.

They have been talking about the whole James Bond type thing with Stark... but for so many people RDJ IS TONY so that will be tough to keep going. Plus whatever actor would take on the helm would be taking a serious career chance.

They have been talking about the whole James Bond type thing with Stark... but for so many people RDJ IS TONY so that will be tough to keep going. Plus whatever actor would take on the helm would be taking a serious career chance.

Yea you wouldn't want to be the George Lazenby of the Iron Man franchise. :rotfl

Yea you wouldn't want to be the George Lazenby of the Iron Man franchise. :rotfl

tumblr_m40cyeuz3e1qdojzho1_500.gif

Downey had a 50 million dollar payday on Avengers. I don't know what he's getting for IM3 but you can be sure it's at least that much. Somewhere there's a dump truck with "Disney" painted on the side ready to be loaded with cash for him to re-up his contract.

These films have turned him from a once floundering actor who had done jail time for substance abuse into an A-List star. He's insanely popular and almost everyone here loves his portrayal of Stark. He's a producer on the Iron Man francise and has substantial artistic input. It's difficult to think of a bigger comeback story.

It's tough to see where he'd be in a hurry to leave.

I honestly don't think this is that big a deal. No actor is bigger than the character. Keaton left Batman, and Kilmer stepped. Bale has left Batman, a new actor will assume the role. RDJ is good as Tony, but he could always be replaced. Tony Stark is bigger than RDJ. Just like Bond is bigger than any of the actors that have played him. Just find an actor who brings something new to the table, and isn't trying to do an impersonation of RDJ.

Downey had a 50 million dollar payday on Avengers. I don't know what he's getting for IM3 but you can be sure it's at least that much. Somewhere there's a dump truck with "Disney" painted on the side ready to be loaded with cash for him to re-up his contract.

These films have turned him from a once floundering actor who had done jail time for substance abuse into an A-List star. He's insanely popular and almost everyone here loves his portrayal of Stark. He's a producer on the Iron Man francise and has substantial artistic input. It's difficult to think of a bigger comeback story.

Making that kind of dough, he may be developing his own Iron Man suit. Why is it that Zuckerberg isn't flying around in a ****in Iron Man suit.:rotfl

Honestly, regardless of my hatred of HT's milking. I love Downey's portrayal. The first Iron Man still remains at the top as my favorite Marvel film because it's just so perfect (the epitome of the comic book movie). I really don't want to see him go, but, sadly, time waits for no man, and I know that, someday, he just won't want to (or be able to) do it anymore, and I really can't see anyone else in the role.

I honestly don't think this is that big a deal. No actor is bigger than the character. Keaton left Batman, and Kilmer stepped. Bale has left Batman, a new actor will assume the role. RDJ is good as Tony, but he could always be replaced. Tony Stark is bigger than RDJ. Just like Bond is bigger than any of the actors that have played him. Just find an actor who brings something new to the table, and isn't trying to do an impersonation of RDJ.

True, but Batman is a much bigger character in the minds of general audiences than Iron Man.

I think any actor that takes up the role immediately afterward is going to have an uphill battle, and just won't look as good - even if they would otherwise appear to be amazing.

Make a decent break - 5 or 10 years, maybe - in between actor switches, though, and it'll be another story completely.

True, but Batman is a much bigger character in the minds of general audiences than Iron Man.

I think any actor that takes up the role immediately afterward is going to have an uphill battle, and just won't look as good - even if they would otherwise appear to be amazing.

Make a decent break - 5 or 10 years, maybe - in between actor switches, though, and it'll be another story completely.

I dont think you have to wait that long. They are already considering actors to replace Daniel Craig, when he steps down. If Disney was smart they would already be narrowing down a list and gauging interest. It's like when people say no one can play the Joker again because of Heath, or voice him after Mark Hamill. DC Animated was already preparing for Hamill's retirement. And they have been preparing for Conroy's. Ledger was great as the joker in that film. But who's to say that version of the character would work with another writer's take. It certainly wouldn't have worked as a voiceover. The character is not the actor. Now there are exceptions, but even those are small. Robert Englund is Freddy. He loves the part and still wants to play him, so why cast a new one. Plus I doubt he is that expensive.

they can recast the joker without any problem so long as they don't try to do him the way heath ledger did him (because then it just begs comparison). the joker has been reinvented dozens of times in the comic books and on screen over the last 75 years. there's more than one way to skin a cat.

and i say this with all due respect to ledger's performance, which i personally love more than all the rest.

but i also love the joker and eventually someone will bring him back to the plate in a new way.

There was 20 years between Nicholson and Ledger, I wonder if we have another 15 years of wait until we see the Joker on the big screen again.

As for Iron Man, I can't really see anyone else playing Tony Stark other than Robert Downey Jr. He sort of IS Tony Stark.

I dont think you have to wait that long. They are already considering actors to replace Daniel Craig, when he steps down.

Yes, but they already regularly recast James Bond. That's the point - he's now a very well-known character, who exists beyond the actors, in the eyes of general audiences.

The same is true of Batman and the Joker.

Tony Stark, on the other hand, is RJD in the eyes of most audiences. They didn't really know Stark beforehand and aren't going to easily move on right away afterwards. Hence, the need for a waiting period, so they can go in with fresh eyes.

Announcing licenses and leaving it hanging for over a year, half assing or short cutting in the designing of figures and then not taking any customer critiquing into consideration, pointless delays, time and time again dropping the ball in mass production, endless quality control problems, and a practically non-exsistant customer service.

Just to name a few issues I have with them.

you can say the same for any other similar foreign based company like Ht's...

Back