HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

The ribs come way too far forward.
They actually cover the abs in some poses.

That should never happen

:nono you know the rule - NEVER say NEVER!

An+American+Tail+2.png

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

'Things will get ugly'

It shall be done.

:yess:

I missed this post.

Now I finally know what the sam hell you were talking about all those pages. :lol

Makes sense and would have to agree.

Well that was part of it... :lol

I wish the figures torso was shaped more like Bale's in the suit. DX02 looked like a tube and while DX12 is more curvy it's still not close enough.

Yeah, should be more "V" shaped.

Am I the only one that thinks that the ab plates are a bit too low?

548202_409824009063142_2003292409_n.jpg

Maybe it's just the angle. :dunno

Chest is too high. But I think with posing/futzing that will go away. :pray:

In this picture of the real Bale in a suit - if it was the figure people would be freaking out that the PERS look too googley...

Chest is not too high, the Ab armour is too low

Look at it compared to the arms

:nono you know the rule - NEVER say NEVER!

An+American+Tail+2.png

:panic:

Never?

batman-big-gun-dark-knight-rises.jpg

SnakeDoc

Damn. Guess that was a bad word to use. :lol

Anyway, in the comparison pics I chose he is in a fighting stance almost identical to the figures pose, and the real deal doesn't have the ribs and abs anywhere near each other.

With the figure they are almost touching at a neutral stance. :/

548202_409824009063142_2003292409_n.jpg

tumblr_m6qe9vS4sL1rse64oo1_1280.jpg

Would like to see someone photoshop the ribs shorter in one of these pics:

21232370u5jvvjfeugejzj.jpg

212346xx81zoxhs8oxfnf8.jpg
2124335i40edzep5ep2t4t.jpg

212445hllrmor9i45s9omv.jpg

I can see Hot Toys fixing that in production. From what I see in the pics and and what the specs say it's a new body made specifically for this Batman.

The more u guys point things out the more I don't like this figure !???:pfft:

Wait till they've seen the film.

Would like to see someone photoshop the ribs shorter in one of these pics:

21232370u5jvvjfeugejzj.jpg

Look at the right side of the abs, same space you are talking about, but they are not touching.

Just the way they posed it maybe? :dunno

uuu2.jpg

Last edited:

Look at the right side of the abs, same space you are talking about, but they are not touching.

Just the way they posed it maybe? :dunno

uuu2.jpg

Those pieces are at different lengths in the combat pictures because they're individual pieces of armor hooked and attached onto a mesh/body suit. It's not a three piece rubber suit like the toys will be.

Lol @ this forum nitpicking silly stuff as usual:lol:lol

XRD0A.jpg

9GSfj.jpg

DSC09835.jpg

DSC09815.jpg

I think that side-by-side zach posted looks wtf accurate.

Those pieces are at different lengths in the combat pictures because they're individual pieces of armor hooked and attached onto a mesh/body suit. It's not a three piece rubber suit like the toys will be.

Lol @ this forum nitpicking silly stuff as usual:lol:lol

XRD0A.jpg

9GSfj.jpg

DSC09835.jpg

DSC09815.jpg

Wow, looking at the intricacies of the 1:1 suit this close - I gotta say, you can't reproduce this in 1:6 scale via mass production. I respect the arguments for accuracy - but help me understand - do you really expect HT to remake this exact design that you see in the pics above with assembly line style production and sell it for $260? There's just no way. Don't get me wrong - it's doable... but we're talking hand-crafting each figure individually over the course of many months. And forget about $260 - try AT LEAST $1000 per figure. I know there are some of you willing to pay that - but HT is a business that's in it to strike a balance between profit and quality. And don't kid yourself that they don't lean more towards the profit part of the equation. So if they released a production run of say 20 figures, they could probably make all your wettest dreams come true. But the truth is, they'll make 1000's in order to do what a business typically wants to do - make money.

What? Take a look at the figure and the actual suit side-by-side. Hot Toys did a pretty damn good job. There's not much I see on the figure that they didn't replicate. They actually have a fabric suit with the correct individual pieces of armor. They even did the translucent armor sections. The stuff they got wrong is actually easily fixable compared to what they already put into making this figure.

Yeah I don't know wtf jdeezy is talking about. HT replicated how it's made. Individual parts on an underlayer.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not a critic. I feel they reproduced the figure very well, but some criticisms(or nitpicking depending on which side of the fence you're on) seem to be aimed at the engineering of the suit - especially the armor. Calls for the proper sliding of the individual pieces with the figure's range of motion; proper distances of armor pieces from each other when posed in comparable positions to the 1:1 production shots; and every intricacy down to curvature of individual pieces of the smallest parts of the suit(e.g. neck and collar armor parts). I just want to UNDERSTAND the level of detail the harshest critics are looking for and not just lambast them for whiny nitpicking. I'm just saying - if they're really looking for 1 to 1 exact similarity between the 1:1 scale and the 1:6 scale - you need hand-craft/customization type work and not mass-prouction/assembly-line style work. And you sure as hell aren't gonna get that for $260.

Last edited:

Finally PO Batman, almost die from extreme heat .... :panic::panic::panic:

Saw the proto, suit looks very thin! yeah~ :panic:

The DX12 neck piece is 100% wrong.

Anytime we see him without the cowl he has the FULL neck piece. So now sure what HT were thinking :dunno

The HK scene... these shots in the batcave... it's always with the full neck armour.

That's why I love the Medi neck with the Wayne head.

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

Back