HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

My Tony Mei cape shipped today, looking forward to slapping it on my Batman. The stock armory cape is like a huge beach towel... HT needs to up the cape effort in the future.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Finally pulled the trigger and got myself this guy. Bit late to the party! Should get him in the next few days. Does anyone know if the stock cape is that bad? I've seen a fair few pics of people who've managed to get it looking really good. And is it worth getting a custom cape?where and who's best?
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't even bother with the stock capes. As FlyAndFight said, there's LForigno. There's also Jaxon, two posts above. And probably the most popular option, Tony Mei.

I don't even bother with the stock capes. As FlyAndFight said, there's LForigno. There's also Jaxon, two posts above. And probably the most popular option, Tony Mei.

Cheers man I'm gonna try and hunt one down. Tony me I seems to be the popular one like you say. Where can I find his stuff?

Cheers man I'm gonna try and hunt one down. Tony me I seems to be the popular one like you say. Where can I find his stuff?

No problem, man, happy to help. You can contact Tony at [email protected]. You can see pics of his work in this thread. https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...c-arkham-city-batman-justice-superman-29.html

Just to let you know, I don't believe he'll be making TDK and TDKR capes for long. Good luck. :duff

Cheers mate, appreciate it. I'll have a look today. If I can't get a tony mei cape I'll just have to get one from one of the others :)

Cheers mate, appreciate it. I'll have a look today. If I can't get a tony mei cape I'll just have to get one from one of the others :)

Sure, no problem. I believe Tony's still making them, but he won't be for much longer. Feel free to drop him a line. Jaxon and Lforigno do good capes as well.

Congrats man. I can't wait to get hold of mine, should be tomorrow night.

Yeah I've seen the stock cape looking good. I think it just takes some messing with it to get it right. And I'm with you on modding, I'm not mad on it unless it absolutely needs doing.....like the stealth strike cap, that fat suit underneath needed to go!

Thanks! :duff

Yeah, TDKR Bats is a great looking figure. You should be more than pleased with him.

Got this cowl last week and my god does it make a difference.Best TDK cowl to date imo.

2dwdfyv.jpg

Got this cowl last week and my god does it make a difference.Best TDK cowl to date imo.

2dwdfyv.jpg

What cowl is that? I definitely need one with the darkened eyelids.

Yeah it's Ben's cowl.He is out and not sure he will make another run.

Yeah it's Ben's cowl.He is out and not sure he will make another run.

How much did they go for initially?

Got mine the other day and it's brilliant, love it. The stock cape is actually pretty good too. My one issue is the stand. Is it just mine or does the cradle not go all the way down? So in some poses with the stand batman looks like he is hovering.......
Am I being stupid here?

2dwdfyv.jpg

Wow very awesome!

Just curious also, is your cape stock or is it custom? If the former, how did you get it to sit so flat against his shoulders?

How much did they go for initially?

It was 65$ plus shipping.

Wow very awesome!

Just curious also, is your cape stock or is it custom? If the former, how did you get it to sit so flat against his shoulders?

It's iforigno's cape i got when DX 12 was released.A very nice cape that drapes nicely.

It's iforigno's cape i got when DX 12 was released.A very nice cape that drapes nicely.

Ah, I gotcha. Both the cowl and the cape look really good. Even though the custom sculpt looks good, I think they made the separate, removable facial expressions too "clean" so to speak. Meaning the skin doesn't really have a slight, darker tint to illustrate light whiskers/facial hair and the skin detail as far as showing pores in the skin, doesn't seem to be as good as other sculpts.

This is as far as I was able to get my stock cape in, which seems to be about how far it goes in, judging by the way it looks in the photo of the figure at the expo. Just waiting for my BR Keaton Batman.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Don't know if I've posted this already, but here it is anyways...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443235650.417133.jpg

Back