HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

To the Bat experts, is that cowl screen accurate? :lol

a2787654.jpg

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Is that the same guy that was making them around TDK on BotB? I thought they were cheaper then but more out of my price range at the time. I liked those cuz you almost couldn't tell it was the bat suit and almost looked like a normal moto jacket.

But yeah if I had an extra grand+ lying around I'd totally pick up that suit and find a great cowl.

Yeah, that's the one.

2012-begins-Street%20Jacket-Plan-2T.jpg

Its just a black armored motorcycle jacket with a bat on the chest. Subtle enough to wear without being goofy. Honestly, I couldn't see wearing an actual batsuit ... ever. It'd look ridiculous ... but it'd look really great in the corner of a man-cave or theater room ...

bat_cave_theater_seating_2-610x335.jpg

SnakeDoc

I'm probably gonna put the new BW sculpt on my DX02 and get an empty cowl when they become available.

There is really no good reason for this not coming with an empty cowl. If you have an unmasked headsculpt, you need a separate mask.

SnakeDoc

There is really no good reason for this not coming with an empty cowl. If you have an unmasked headsculpt, you need a separate mask.

SnakeDoc

True but I feel like it has become HT's policy to include only 2 heads with 1/6 figures. Guess an empty cowl would count as a head.

But even if it isn't so the only place where they could have given the empty cowl is for DX02 because in TDK Wayne is seen with the empty cowl, in TDKR that isn't the case.

True but I feel like it has become HT's policy to include only 2 heads with 1/6 figures. Guess an empty cowl would count as a head.

But even if it isn't so the only place where they could have given the empty cowl is for DX02 because in TDK Wayne is seen with the empty cowl, in TDKR that isn't the case.

Bruce is seen in the Batsuit and empty cowl in TDKR. After the stock exchange heist and Bruce gets the antenna thing from the device Bane's henchman had. He returns to the Batcave in The Bat and he is seen taking the cowl off and handing it to Alfred.

Not as iconic as seeing Bruce about to jump off a building in HK, but its in there nonetheless.

Oh well.

Yeah, I wonder why there's no black makeup around his eyes when he took off the cowl in that scene.

Yeah, I wonder why there's no black makeup around his eyes when he took off the cowl in that scene.

I don't think Bruce wants everyone to know he's wearing black makeup under his mask...cos for realism purposes (i.e. imagine you're living in Gotham and happened to see Batman take his cowl off), it'll look silly (and I can imagine Alfred to be the first to ridicule him). Even when Keaton ripped off his cowl in the final scene of Batman Returns, there was no makeup around his eyes whatsover.

The makeup was used imo for filming to create that darker effect around his eyes so that they'll blend in better with the cowl, thus creating a more menacing effect.

Bruce is seen in the Batsuit and empty cowl in TDKR. After the stock exchange heist and Bruce gets the antenna thing from the device Bane's henchman had. He returns to the Batcave in The Bat and he is seen taking the cowl off and handing it to Alfred.

Not as iconic as seeing Bruce about to jump off a building in HK, but its in there nonetheless.

Oh well.

My bad, I assumed we are just see him with a cowl off rather than him handing it to Alfred

:horror:goodpost:

Interesting, I noticed this last time I was watching Batman Begins:

cowlbb.jpg

As you can see, in Nolan's Batman the black "makeup" around the eyes of Bruce Wayne is actually part of the cowl it wasn't makeup in theory (it actually was makeup, but at this scene you can see it was part of the cowl in theory), in Batman Begins it was like this, I'm not sure in TDK. So that would explain why if bruce takes his mask off, he is not wearing any makeup.. Nolan is a genious!!

Wow ^ never noticed that before.

They only showed the cowl like that with the eye cuts like that when there was close up shots of the cowl empty.

In the vault in batman begins
and in the armory in the dark knight

Interesting, I noticed this last time I was watching Batman Begins:

cowlbb.jpg

As you can see, in Nolan's Batman the black "makeup" around the eyes of Bruce Wayne is actually part of the cowl it wasn't makeup in theory (it actually was makeup, but at this scene you can see it was part of the cowl in theory), in Batman Begins it was like this, I'm not sure in TDK. So that would explain why if bruce takes his mask off, he is not wearing any makeup.. Nolan is a genious!!

Heh. Well, there ya go. I did not know that. Pretty impressive attention to detail on Nolan's part. Clever.

SnakeDoc

I remember seeing the cowl like that, but I didn't think anything of it. It works well enough as opposed to imagining Batman taking the time to apply eye makeup.

I remember seeing the cowl like that, but I didn't think anything of it. It works well enough as opposed to imagining Batman taking the time to apply eye makeup.

Yeah, as perfect as Nolan tries to make his universe there are little gaps here and there, they are quite small though and don't ruin the movie. Would be funny if Wayne had to do the make up every time :lol

60fae901.jpg
:lol

Back