HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I really hope that HT fix this minor problem. This big gap between the chest and abs

Ugly.jpg

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

That's not a problem.

The chestpiece moves and exposes more/less of that area accordingly, which is accurate to the 1:1.

Hmm..

I've always thought that it stayed in one position. I guess if there was less of a gap it'd look better aesthetically though IMO

Well you will be able to change the gap however you want by posing him.

That's not a problem.

The chestpiece moves and exposes more/less of that area accordingly, which is accurate to the 1:1.

It's not a big problem, but it is A problem. If it was normal the 1/4 would have it as well

But yeah with a bit of leaning forward it'll be covered

If only they'd change from Birdman to Batman. The cowl is the most important thing and the focal point of the entire figure. If that is wrong, it's all wrong.

If only they'd change from Birdman to Batman. The cowl is the most important thing and the focal point of the entire figure. If that is wrong, it's all wrong.

so now the DX 12 looks like a bird? :rotfl that's taking nitpicking a little too far don't you think?

Can't really see a Birdman in him :dunno:lol the cowl is off but you can still see that it's a cowl, which is already good

Birdman was a phrase coined earlier in the thread and unfortunately it fits IMO. The overall slimness of the cowl, the narrow, over sharpened brow and the small mouth opening all accentuate this. If the cowl and the Bale faceplate is nailed then I can live with the other suit inaccuracies.

Fix that god damn sculpt HT!

That's not a problem.

It's not a big problem, but it is A problem. If it was normal the 1/4 would have it as well

But yeah with a bit of leaning forward it'll be covered

I know it's moveable but to me it IS a problem - in the neutral position the gap is simply too big. One shouldn't have to bend him forward to make the gap look normal.

Fix that god damn sculpt HT!

:lecture:lecture:lecture

That side by side actually shows how good a job HT has done with this figure.

Yeah, but no way does the DX12 look like a bird or the Birdman cartoon character LOL. Outrageous nitpicking, really.

I think this "issue" is something that could easily be fixed by just pulling the suit up a little bit. I think it's like that because the belt is holding it down.

This was addressed way earlier in the thread. Here's a pic of the 1:1 armor on exhibit to promote the movie. Bale is hunched a little bit in the pic on the left and those vertical pieces supposedly act like tracks that the armor plates can slide on. Non-issue.

KR_bats4.jpg

Last edited:

Seems like the abs and stomach area won't move but when Bale leans forward in the suit, the boob chest are will occupy that gap. It was probably desgined like that to allow for movement.

Yep I sold off my DX 02 with a defective elbow last year and got a pretty good price for it. Just be upfront and state the problem(s) with the figure on your listing. If people already knew upfront what they'll be expecting when they receive the figure, you should have no problems whatsoever.

Of course, having a good track record as an ebayer will help a lot,especially if you're selling a high-priced luxury good. I've already garnered about 11 feedbacks as a seller by the time I put my DX02 up for auction.

Has to be stated though: a few weeks after selling my DX 02, I felt a deep regret as I really loved the TDK movie. But seeing that you'll replace it with the DX 12, I see no such thing happening :lol

It's very kind of you to help me. I really appreciate it... And I think that the eyes look a bit off on both the dx 02 and 12 because of the overly pronounced framing of the eye hole, it rings around the top of the eye then corners around to the bottom and gradually becomes less pronounced. With the bold pronounciation around the whole eye, it looks a little strange

It's very kind of you to help me. I really appreciate it... And I think that the eyes look a bit off on both the dx 02 and 12 because of the overly pronounced framing of the eye hole, it rings around the top of the eye then corners around to the bottom and gradually becomes less pronounced. With the bold pronounciation around the whole eye, it looks a little strange

always glad to help! and yes the DX 12 still has slight inaccuracies with the cowl, which i'm sure and hopeful that HT will fix; nevertheless, bar the price, the DX 12 seems to be an all-round better figure than the DX 02...if I could get $250 for the DX 02 right now and use that money for the DX 12, I most definitely will trade-up.

always glad to help! and yes the DX 12 still has slight inaccuracies with the cowl, which i'm sure and hopeful that HT will fix; nevertheless, bar the price, the DX 12 seems to be an all-round better figure than the DX 02...if I could get $250 for the DX 02 right now and use that money for the DX 12, I most definitely will trade-up.

This may sound ludicrous, but I saw dx 02 bodies being auctioned off for around $290. I'm guessing when you say dx 02, you're not referring to the whole package - because from what I understand, those are going for anywhere from $5-700 brand new.

I look forward to putting the backpack and sonar head sculpt on the dx 12. :D

Back