HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Always found it interesting that people posed their Batmen with back pack and sonar head as he never appeared like that in the film.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

This may sound ludicrous, but I saw dx 02 bodies being auctioned off for around $290. I'm guessing when you say dx 02, you're not referring to the whole package - because from what I understand, those are going for anywhere from $5-700 brand new.

I look forward to putting the backpack and sonar head sculpt on the dx 12. :D

Hmm it used to cost about $600 MSIB last year, but I thought with the announcement of the DX 12 the price of the DX 02 (whole package) would have dropped down to roughly the same price of the DX 12 by now.

Indeed. It can still use a little tweak in smoothening out the cowl some. A few minor things.

Yeah. All the *****ing about the suit but I'm completely fine with it. I love the suit and if they didn't change it I'd be just as happy. Which makes the head sculpt inaccuracies all the more curious. They went through all the trouble of getting the suit right and promoting it as such but dropped the ball on the sculpt. Actually, if they could only change one thing and one thing only it would be the eyes for me. Oh well, if they don't, I got the Medi head, which I have out getting painted now. :yess

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Yeah. All the *****ing about the suit but I'm completely fine with it. I love the suit and if they didn't change it if be just as happy. Which makes the head sculpt inaccuracies all the more curious. They went through all the trouble of getting the suit right and promoting it as such but dropped the ball on the sculpt. Actually if they could only change one thing and one thing only it would be the eyes for me. Oh well, if they don't I got the Medi head which I have out getting painted now. :yess

yeah exactly! Everytime some posts a comparison pic between the DX 12 and an actualy photo of Bale's Batman. the HS is the first thing that attracts my eye.

I'm so jealous of you have a medi head.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

0712-00487-001b4.jpg

This is the mouth that should be in the cowl. When this figure is released someone mold it, make a mouth piece and sell it. Thanks in advance :)
Wow, where did u get this photo?

After analyzing the **** out of the cowl, I realize that medic
Came the closest (cowl-wise) to the 1:1. The eyes are closer together, the framing of the eye holes are smoother and less pronounced, and the curvature the top of the forehead curves with more protrusion, whereas the dx 12 kind of just slopes too gradually.
I wonder what the chances are that hot toys actually address these issues? I mean, as a visual artist, this irks me like crazy, because Im not looking at bale as bats. Thwe talent at hot toys are also visual artists and if I had just 10 min with yuli (or whoever sculpted this cowl) I could definately convince her that things were over looked... Whether or not they would DO anything about it is another issue, but ya, if they were to touch up the top forehead, the framing of the eye holes, and make the eyes a tad closer, and squinting, I think bales likeness would SCREAM through.

The cowl is the clincher on this. If the in-hand pics show no sign of improvement, it's getting cancelled.

They redid the Mark 1 2.0's RDJ sculpt and I didn't hear many complaining about it in the first place.

After analyzing the **** out of the cowl, I realize that medic
Came the closest (cowl-wise) to the 1:1. The eyes are closer together, the framing of the eye holes are smoother and less pronounced, and the curvature the top of the forehead curves with more protrusion, whereas the dx 12 kind of just slopes too gradually.
I wonder what the chances are that hot toys actually address these issues? I mean, as a visual artist, this irks me like crazy, because Im not looking at bale as bats. Thwe talent at hot toys are also visual artists and if I had just 10 min with yuli (or whoever sculpted this cowl) I could definately convince her that things were over looked... Whether or not they would DO anything about it is another issue, but ya, if they were to touch up the top forehead, the framing of the eye holes, and make the eyes a tad closer, and squinting, I think bales likeness would SCREAM through.

Yupp spot on with the critiques. As i've said before, no surprise that the Medi looks as good as it does, it's not sculpted. It's a 3D scan of the real thing.

HT needs to follow suit. No point constantly sculpting the cowl if they can't get it right.

I feel like the neck of the suit need to go up higher on the Wayne sculpt. If he put his mask on the way it is now his entire throat would be exposed.

I feel like the neck of the suit need to go up higher on the Wayne sculpt. If he put his mask on the way it is now his entire throat would be exposed.

True, but I reckon it was done to allow articulation for the head :dunno

Yupp

True, but I reckon it was done to allow articulation for the head :dunno

The head has a full neck, how would that give it more articulation?

This was addressed way earlier in the thread. Here's a pic of the 1:1 armor on exhibit to promote the movie. Bale is hunched a little bit in the pic on the left and those vertical pieces supposedly act like tracks that the armor plates can slide on. Non-issue.

KR_bats4.jpg

I think it is inaccurate hot toys
bale with suit in a neutral position
does not have that space

Last edited:
Yupp spot on with the critiques. As i've said before, no surprise that the Medi looks as good as it does, it's not sculpted. It's a 3D scan of the real thing.

HT needs to follow suit. No point constantly sculpting the cowl if they can't get it right.

Void knows all. :lol

How do you know about the Medi cowl, void?

I haz an..uh...well what he said

I'm still buying this, however I wish they'd fix the cowl and give a more neutral interchangeable face.

Three of them on order :yess:

:mad:

:lol

They'll all be modded though if there's no improvements made :gah:

Back