HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Cool. Didn't see that. Kinda gave up on that thread 'cos I didn't order the figure.

Yeah.

Throw the glasses on him and BAM, a great 1/6 Gordon. It's not worth $224 but I did have trouble putting it down. I'm tempted.

I liked it so much that it actually makes me sad to see you (such a big Batman fan) not be able to enjoy it the way I do. I can't help it.

It's just a movie, don't be sad. Different strokes for different folks.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I don't think my EB belt has any foam in it...
There is a glued felt/fabric/foam strip on the inside of the belt. It keeps the belt links together and protects the suit from contact with belt.

Regarding the DX12, the Wayne sculpt itself is fine, just that god awful vinyl look. The cowl is ok, the faceplates are pants. I'm interested to see if I can get a previous plate to work on it.

But it's the wonky PERS which worry me the most. I know your Jack Joker drove you nuts because one was slightly off, these look boss eyed in comparison.

By the way I didn't really think TDKR was great either, but in fairness I didn't like the last third of TDK either.

It's just the light reflecting on the suit. Look at the real suit when a flash is used:

878a0c07332ef8c0e8bacf9065281e87.jpg

Thanks for clearing that up for me. :hi5:
I never saw that picture before, it's just when he fights Bane in TDKR in the daylight the suit is still Black, so I just assumed ...

Ah this thread.....

Eugene.gif

Cool. Didn't see that. Kinda gave up on that thread 'cos I didn't order the figure.

Maybe this is just about me trying to comprehend why you don't like TDKR. The only reasonable explanation I can come up with is that you dissed Bane and the story line before it was in theaters and don't want to contradict yourself after you actually saw it.

I liked it so much that it actually makes me sad to see you (such a big Batman fan) not be able to enjoy it the way I do. I can't help it.

TDKR was awesome. Nolan took the story in a different direction...not just the Batman battling another insane villian but a broader tale of Gotham City and it's connection to Bruce Wayne and his destiny.
Very different from TDK...the tone and "feel" of the picture very unique- not like the first two films. BB was very different from TDK so i expected a different film.
I liked Bane and Catwoman and yes, even Talia. Blake was an added bonus.
This figure just sums it up for me.....eager to get it.

TDKR was awesome. Nolan took the story in a different direction...not just the Batman battling another insane villian but a broader tale of Gotham City and it's connection to Bruce Wayne and his destiny.
Very different from TDK...the tone and "feel" of the picture very unique- not like the first two films. BB was very different from TDK so i expected a different film.

Great review of the film spindrift. I agree with everything you just mentioned. :lecture
An added bonus for me is that it coincides a little with The Dark Knight Returns (Comic), which is a tremendous tale. Obviously, there is a different story told, but it is very reminiscent of TDKReturns. Really cool.
Plus, seeing Bruce alive at the end added a few tears to the scenario. :lol

You're talking about close-ups. I'm telling you, in-hand it's a non issue.

Keaton has the red veins, and all it does is add realism.

IMG_3893.jpg

Well that doesn't make any sense at all. :confused:

I thought you didn't like the red veins in the eyes. How is painting anything other than the eyes themselves gonna change that?

I told you it's not in the eyes themselves. Look at the pictures again of the DX12 and you'll see the red lining on the cowl between where the eyes start and cowl ends. I kind of know what sort of realism Hot Toys was going for with some of the inner eye flesh exposed, but IMO it looks like ass cause you can look at any picture of Batman in the TDK/TDKR and you won't see any inner eye flesh exposed. I say "inner eye flesh" bc I dunno the right term. I would actually be filling in more black on the cowl, not the eyes. Literally a dab of paint on each side

Regarding the DX12, the Wayne sculpt itself is fine, just that god awful vinyl look. The cowl is ok, the faceplates are pants. I'm interested to see if I can get a previous plate to work on it.

But it's the wonky PERS which worry me the most. I know your Jack Joker drove you nuts because one was slightly off, these look boss eyed in comparison.

"pants" :lol

I've been looking at OMGs pis and I'm pretty convinced that his PERS is cross-eyed. Worse than my Jack Joker. :(

:lecture

I told you it's not in the eyes themselves. Look at the pictures again of the DX12 and you'll see the red lining on the cowl between where the eyes start and cowl ends. I kind of know what sort of realism Hot Toys was going for with some of the inner eye flesh exposed, but IMO it looks like ass cause you can look at any picture of Batman in the TDK/TDKR and you won't see any inner eye flesh exposed. I say "inner eye flesh" bc I dunno the right term. I would actually be filling in more black on the cowl, not the eyes. Literally a dab of paint on each side

Ah, I see. Might be a good idea actually...

Ah, I see. Might be a good idea actually...

Yeah that was my main problem with the eyes. It gave Batman a sort of drunk/bloodshot look to his eyes. The red lining if you will around the eyes was more pronounced in certain pictures with certain lighting. I can live with the sub standard mouthplates but I don't want bloodshot eyes

Just stop saying "blood-shot". That refers to the eyes themselves! :gah: :lol

bloodshoteyes.jpg

Call it "red eyeliner" and everybody will understand. :peace

miss-red-eyeliner--large-msg-121209701417.jpg

:horror

Last edited:

Why are so many people in the last 10 pages complaining about nitpicking? Do you not come to this forum often. That's the whole point of a forum, to discuss. If you dont like it...then get off.

Just stop saying "blood-shot". That refers to the eyes themselves! :gah: :lol

bloodshoteyes.jpg

Cal it "red eyeliner" and everybody will understand. :peace

miss-red-eyeliner--large-msg-121209701417.jpg

:horror

I know what bloodshot means and that's the impression the paint job gives to me. Because the red around his eyes is so pronounced, it gives an overall bloodshot look to the DX12, even if the eyes themselves aren't bloodshot technically

Why are so many people in the last 10 pages complaining about nitpicking? Do you not come to this forum often. That's the whole point of a forum, to discuss. If you dont like it...then get off.

d4256a10.jpg

Let me ask this, since I haven't seen a really good up close pic of just the head on this figure...Just by looking at the pics we've seen, do you all think the eyes on this one are better than the DX02 or worse?...I have the 02, and while I agree there is a bit too much white, the actual placement of the eyes isnt that bad...One eye looks in towards nose just a tad more than it should when you position them looking to the right, but other than that they arent bad...So DX12 eyes better or DX02?...And do you think the eyes themselves look more like real eyeballs on this figure than the 02 ver.?...The 02 ones just look like white with black dots on them to me..Just wondered if the ones on this figure looked more realistic like on the Keaton Batman...

Also, just curious, but is there any way to get up inside the head where the actual eyeballs are and futz with them somewhat to maybe correct some of the googly look, without breaking the PERS?...Didnt know if some of you customizers might know or not...

Thanks...

Matt

Back