HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I know what bloodshot means and that's the impression the paint job gives to me. Because the red around his eyes is so pronounced, it gives an overall bloodshot look to the DX12, even if the eyes themselves aren't bloodshot technically

Correct me if I'm wrong but you're talking about how it's painted at the lower and inner corner areas of the eyelids, right??

Like the arrows at the right side of this pic
afp19980601p2695-f1.gif

And the bit of pinkish-red peaking out of the edge of the lower eyelids in these pics?
601481_427620690633260_226503710_n.jpg

247815_427620717299924_1935431254_n.jpg

It's just weird that you keep mentioning the eyes themselves and if what I've mentioned above is what you mean, then mentioning the eyes makes no sense...at least not to me :lol

Last edited:
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I'm really excited for this batman. I know alot of people on here don't like it and I respect they're opinion. I'm not that picky and I think it looks great. This is gonna be a great addition to my batman and joker collection. Congrats to all those getting this figure. I look forward to the new pics and videos.:wink1:

Here we go again...Voorhees wanna join ? :1-1:

I know what bloodshot means and that's the impression the paint job gives to me. Because the red around his eyes is so pronounced, it gives an overall bloodshot look to the DX12, even if the eyes themselves aren't bloodshot technically

Correct me if I'm wrong but you're talking about how it's painted at the lower and inner corner areas of the eyelids, right??

afp19980601p2695-f1.gif

And the bit of pinkish-red peaking out of the edge of the lower eyelids in these pics?

It's just weird that you keep mentioning the eyes themselves and if what I've mentioned above is what you mean, then mentioning the eyes makes no sense...at least not to me :lol

Dempsey don't care. He's a-gonna keep-a callin' it bloodshot. :lecture

Also, DAMN! DX12 looks great in the Milk shots! :rock

:rotfl

Is Batman the stripper? :monkey4

Yeah, the scowl face is the keeper.

I'm surprised you haven't mentioned that contour above the faceplate that's protruding from the mouth piece Maglor. It's even more evident than it was on the DX 09 Keaton Batman.

I'm surprised you haven't mentioned that contour above the faceplate that's protruding from the mouth piece Maglor. It's even more evident than it was on the DX 09 Keaton Batman.

Haven't gotten around to it yet. Yes... it's awful. :(

:lol

I should've been more specific.

His leg armor wrap reminded me of LeeLoo. :lol

Reckon she looks pretty good so far. Not super accurate, but certainly enough "Batman" to make her way onto my shelf.

The BW head sculpt though... paintjob is sub-par.

Reckon she looks pretty good so far. Not super accurate, but certainly enough "Batman" to make her way onto my shelf.

Wut

After much examination, my fears are put to rest. The prototypes eyes were misaligned. His left eye was smaller or higher...either way, it was messed up. But Lukas pics clearly show that HT have corrected this. Can't friggin wait.

Can someone clarify something for me please? Who exactly are getting this early partial shipment? All toy vendors like forbidden planet? Or just people that preordered early?

After much examination, my fears are put to rest. The prototypes eyes were misaligned. His left eye was smaller or higher...either way, it was messed up. But Lukas pics clearly show that HT have corrected this. Can't friggin wait.

Can someone clarify something for me please? Who exactly are getting this early partial shipment? All toy vendors like forbidden planet? Or just people that preordered early?

SS is getting early shipment- first of several. We'll have to wait for follow up shipments to hit AE, SSC, BBTS, etc. I understand SS wants to give their customers first dibs..they are the HT official distributors you know.
I am mad about it...did not PO through SS (higher price)...and I want it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!:gah:

Stock:

1. EB 1/4
2. DX12
3. DX02
4. BB OC
5. MMS
6. BB TF Exc

Medi modded doesn't count, had to be modded. :nono

afp19980601p2695-f1.gif

Well since I already have the DX02, if I had to choose to shell out another $300 for the DX12, I want it to be superior in every way to the DX02. The Dx02 was far from being perfect of course. But the first impression I got when I saw the DX12 was how much I disliked the eyes. The inner red area is what threw it off for me. The DX02 did not have this. Again the DX02's eyes are far from perfect as well. But for me, the exposed inner red area is giving me the impression of a drunkard Batman. And actually if you look at the MMS71, the eyes on that also have the inner red area exposed.

The cowl area is the deal breaker for me. I am purchasing the DX12 but I will be correcting this area as soon as I get it. Just an "eyesore" for me if you will

Stock:

1. EB 1/4
2. DX12
3. DX02
4. BB OC
5. MMS
6. BB TF Exc

Medi still has the best likeness IMO, even if it's not repainted (Ofcourse when its repainted nothing can touch it).

Stock:

1. EB 1/4
2. DX12
3. DX02
4. BB OC
5. MMS
6. BB TF Exc

I don't know about placing the TF Exc BB last.

Back