HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

You have no idea ..:lecture

Well thinking back, I can understand the argument and agree with few of the comment about the unlikeness. For me, I really like how the suit came out and the HS. Overall is not perfect, nothing is perfect anyway, but I will still get it. Another reason I do not have DX02, plus the price even for a used one is crazily overpriced.

IMO, I will buy what I like. Even if I have a DX02, I will still get a DX12. I can't wait for this to be released. :)

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Good for you twik25. :hi5:
Thats a real great price.

Very good price. They're shipping in December right?

Thanks! I emailed them and they confirmed the price for me. I'd imagine they'll ship as soon as they get it... so not sure!

Hey when you lucky bats get this let us know how stable he is with the new boots ? please ,thanks...

I don't get it - why cancel and lose the NRD but buy it again at a later date :huh

Well I had it on pre order with SS so I was up for the first batch. And I'm not sure about it so I prefer to cancel and lost $25 than being stuck with a figure I don't like (I don't like to sell stuff either). So I'm going to wait and see how the first batch looks. And if I like it I'll get it from BBTS.

Most of the people who are complaining bout the people that are complaining arent aware that the fact that Medicom nailed the sculpt like 3-4 years ago!

We arent asking for a real silicone sculpt with glass eye, and removable cowl with rooted eyebrows. All I'm hoping that a company of HT caliber could do now is at least do a similar cowl like medicom with their top notch paint job and i'd be a happy man. I dont need 3 changeable mouthplates. Just give me 1 accurate one FCS.

That's the point, we are spoiled because we know that it is possible to get a more accurate cowl and mouth plates. Medicom and EB did, so why Hot Toys can't? only because they have to use PERS on every single DX figure?? :slap

I think he's just looking for attention. :lol

16825786.jpg

I had really only 2 problems with the movie.

1. Batman gets out of the prison, and next thing you know, he's in Gotham. I realize the movie is almost 3 hours, but I'm curious how he did that. He escaped from prison, no ID, seemingly nowhere near Gotham. Have you ever lost your ID? It isn't like you can just get another one in 15 minutes.

2. A bomb is about to go off in a matter of hours, Gordon is about to be sentenced by the Scarecrow, he's taking his last steps on the ice, Batman could've saved him earlier but he took timeout to make a blazing Bat symbol on a suspension bridge?

This last nit-pik I can live with, but that death scene at the end was excruciating.

1. I think you just understimate Bruce Wayne. In batman begins Bruce Wayne travel around the world without money or ID. He just sneaks in to a ship and so on.. I don't see why he can't do the same to come back to Gotham.

2. That was to let everybody know that Batman is back. Not only Bane but also the citizens of Gotham, to bring the faith back to the people.

You mean the death of miranda? Probably that's how people with that kind of accident die.. from some kind of heart attack.. she is not dying from old ...

To me TDKR is perfect. The best Nolan's movie.

2. A bomb is about to go off in a matter of hours, Gordon is about to be sentenced by the Scarecrow, he's taking his last steps on the ice, Batman could've saved him earlier but he took timeout to make a blazing Bat symbol on a suspension bridge?

This last nit-pik I can live with, but that death scene at the end was excruciating.

:lol yeah this is true. I know they expect us to let it go for the sake of getting a great movie moment and I do let it go - but I did notice.

Of course we know what Batman was trying to achieve by doing it...doesn't make it any less silly in the context of an imminent nuclear bomb explosion. I mean imagine Bruce or Batman strapping himself up there on the bridge spraying gasoline into this giant bat symbol that'll be visible to all of Gotham. I'd love to know how long it would actually take to do that. Its almost as absurd an image as if we actually were shown Batman putting on his eye make-up.

Last edited:
I convinced myself that I only need one batman & joker on my shelf which I already have (89 version). But I really like Nolan's trilogy & couldn't let this one pass specially with Bale HS :( am so weak, the worst part that the space limitation is killing me, will have the joker & probably catwoman to compliment Batman.

man the anticipation of getting my Quantum shipping notice is killing me! :panic: would be great if it got shipped out the same day it was charged

Hey when you lucky bats get this let us know how stable he is with the new boots ? please ,thanks...

will do! going to do a bit of a review once it's in hand

Haven't gotten around to it yet. Yes... it's awful. :(

doesn't look any worse than DX09 top piece sticking out to me:dunno

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
Dempsey don't care. He's a-gonna keep-a callin' it bloodshot. :lecture

Also, DAMN! DX12 looks great in the Milk shots! :rock
:goodpost:

also, can't wait to see you're pics and master futzing of this figure :bow

I know I just posted this in the Tumbler thread, but I'm posting here for a different reason. With the first set of pics we got, just about all the figures looked like they had crooked PERS and I personally was pretty worried that all first batches would be this way. but looking at this pic, maybe it was just the guys who got it early to photograph like OMG and Luka

this random guy's PERS looks aligned pretty well

552710_398041870268802_1374303993_n.jpg

also, think this pic looks pretty awesome. love the Wayne sculpt

546273_398077490265240_833637581_n.jpg

That las pic looks epic.
Thanks for sharing.

Poseability looks pretty good and natural inside the tumbler, unlike the the dx02.

That second pic looks fantastic, Gipetto0812! Great display idea, there...

Just got through viewing the Luka gallery of shots of this figure.

It' gonna be a long wait until December, but I'm very glad I didn't give in to the panic that's been raging in here for days now....I think it's a damn fine looking figure.

I'm no major HT collector...I've only got six other figures from them. I like all six, and the main thing that prevents me from going crazy and getting more is...they're so expensive. Haven't got a Bale Batman yet...and I've wanted one for a while...but after lurking in these DC thread for a few years now and reading all of the various issues that have popped up with each Bale Batman release, everything from leaking/oily ab plates to tearing suits to disappointed collectors, I've held off, hoping for a version I could go for of this great character.

And thanks to OMG and Lukas' fine photography skills, I'm there. I like the look of this figure.

I know for a lot of the intense HT fan base in here, it's another disappointment....and I'm sorry about that. I get it, believe me. When you're into a character and looking for that definitive version of it for your collection and talking about a premium price, it makes it even more of a tough call if something doesn't seem right.

Another character I really enjoy is Indiana Jones. I was close to picking up an HT Indiana Jones, but there is too much about the figure that is just "off" for me to go for it, especially for that price. I'll stick with my Sideshow version, which looks just fine on display for me. It's the same for me with the DX Luke...even ignoring all the furor over the recent pics that popped up and just looking at the proto pictures of that for months and months, I couldn't bring myself to say "yes" and go for it...like Indy, the figure just looks "off" to me....I'll stick with Sideshow on that one too and put my cash towards a different character...

But the Dark Knight....well, we've seen many iterations of this character as portrayed by Bale get rendered as figures over the last few years, and this is the first one that's really caught my eye and made me go "gotta have it". Looking forward to the many "in-hand" shots and thoughts from folks as that first shipment hits....and I'll be planning how I'm going to display and shoot this cool looking figure in December....

Get those shots up, folks! Can't wait!

The Wayne sculpt looks perfect, he looks aged and tired. That should make the accuracy nerds happy.

No i dont have him yet. Just admiring all the pix. I ordered him from SSC the day he went on sale, so i got a little bit.

yea from SSC is what I meant :) 11 day arrival notices came in last week

:lol
Dude it's just like 3 threads down on the first page

I know I just posted this in the Tumbler thread, but I'm posting here for a different reason. With the first set of pics we got, just about all the figures looked like they had crooked PERS and I personally was pretty worried that all first batches would be this way. but looking at this pic, maybe it was just the guys who got it early to photograph like OMG and Luka

The neutral mouth on that figure looks good too, it doesn't look goofy like some of you talked about

also, think this pic looks pretty awesome. love the Wayne sculpt

546273_398077490265240_833637581_n.jpg
sweet pics looks like he's about to go to work there's a city that needs him to take care of the bad guys ......let's rock n roll......:rock:rock:rock

Back